Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2014

dont worry scott.. i've not got the hump, i'm still loving the clubman class it just seems that i have had to spend money to build this car to even make myself somewhere near competitive which is not what the class was introduced for.... i felt that certain cars on friday took the absoloute piss to be fair... not very spirited ! i think the tub tourers are a great idea and i will be building my drifter back into a circuit car for this coming week's racing
Old 19-01-2014

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.

And Martin whilst I have no issue with you running a 9T if you have no bearings and gear it slow, one of the problems is that once someone hears that you have a 9T they will feel that they can also run a 9T and they will not gear it slow or run bushings.
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

Bloody hell guys, I leave my computer for 1hr to go shopping and look what I have come back to!!!!!!!

I do totally agree with the above comments, the rules should be simple:
touring cars, run min 13t brushless
direct drive cars, run silver can.

Martin, personally I don't have an issue with you running that 9t, its hardly any different to my 12t and is slower than Gui's crazy 9t or my Dualsky 8.5t.

My only other suggestion would be for us to have some simple drag races at the start of the night and adjust our throttles so that cars have similar straight line pace.

With regards F1s, I was running silver can, foams and LIPO and was left for dead by Lee's and Dave's. I have heard of some interest in running a separate f1 class with maybe a Saturn 27t stock motor. This will make them much faster than Tamiya tourers, so should they run in The TC class, but scoring points in a separate championship?
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith105e View Post
di felt that certain cars on friday took the absoloute piss to be fair...
I suggested that it gets discussed at the meeting on Monday.
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
I do totally agree with the above comments, the rules should be simple:
touring cars, run min 13t brushless
direct drive cars, run silver can.
I'm against silvercans or any sealed can motor with no internal fan. Dealing with the temp is just annoying...
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
My only other suggestion would be for us to have some simple drag races at the start of the night and adjust our throttles so that cars have similar straight line pace.
Acceleration as well as top speed? Coz I can gear a 23T to have the same top speed down the straight as a 15T yet the 15T is more drivable as I get decent acceleration and don't melt my chassis with motor heat. Running a faster motor is always advantageous even when geared to have the same top speed as a slower motor if it allows you to get to that top speed quicker.
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Lee and daviddidnt take the piss,Dave just wanted to give his car
a run and I think they both would be more than happy to put a silver an in,

13,5 is what is run in the TC class so in theory the club man TC class could be silly quick,

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post

13,5 is what is run in the TC class so in theory the club man TC class could be silly quick,
This is why I mentioned the tt01and varieties there of, although plastic fantastic it is more tourer than clubman.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 19-01-2014

Not sure where thread is going lads but it is as simple as 6 guys with tamiya non jelly moulds tubs, non ball diffs, little carbon, closed gearing wanting to see sensibly paced closed rubbing of nice body shells ... Ive run my tt02 in with the tourers and its not fun or competitive ....

Not asking for adjustments to the class just saying that its what we were planing to do next week ... Join in if you like it close thats all, if you dont want to no biggy
Old 19-01-2014

Scott, when I heard 10.5T motors I simply got worried (all panty twisted if I am honest) about a power race. I don't care about disparity between cars, the F1s will be quicker. I don't mind. But I do care about ever increasing speeds as that will take away from the fun of Clubman.

If it eventually becomes a class where the cars feel as uncontrollable as off road or TC then meh...

PS:

"tamiya non jelly moulds tubs, non ball diffs, little carbon, closed gearing wanting to see sensibly paced closed rubbing of nice body shells"

Nice body shells? That rules me out Till I get my Camaro shell painted I'll be running the TC body Boo for me I know...
Old 19-01-2014

I totally agree Guy ... I ran a torque tuned in my m06 and was completely out classed ... I don't want to get into the power race either, the whole gentleman speed power thing of the clubman makes the class it is, it would be a shame to see the cars get faster and faster at that point you may as well go to a class where there are rules and then you have a chance of being competitive.

Problem is there isn't a class where a lovely looking tamiya 10th is competitive unless its run with other lovely looking tamiya 10th's etc :-)

Scott
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus74 View Post
Not sure where thread is going lads but it is as simple as 6 guys with tamiya non jelly moulds tubs, non ball diffs, little carbon, closed gearing wanting to see sensibly paced closed rubbing of nice body shells ... Ive run my tt02 in with the tourers and its not fun or competitive ....

Not asking for adjustments to the class just saying that its what we were planing to do next week ... Join in if you like it close thats all, if you dont want to no biggy
I think it going to roll on week in week out,as people run a different car each week it's impossible for someone to know what's in the gentleman's agreement or even what chassis is allowed!why not just run std kit,what ever chassis is run,they will be different speeds but that's from the chassis design and the std gearing the car is designed for?you won't get any closer racing than that for each class

Old 19-01-2014

Ok im up for that ... TT02 came with a torque tuned and tamiya esc kit gearing is already installed.
Old 19-01-2014

I am happy with my TL01 and Mardave's pace. We seem to usually run relatively close Scott. I didn't feel your M06 was that slow We ran fairly close... till I ran out of battery... twice.
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus74 View Post
Ok im up for that ... TT02 came with a torque tuned and tamiya esc kit gearing is already installed.
Even pogo stick shocks?

I'm not too keen on totally stock classes, one chassis will become dominant and it'll be something like the TB04 class.

I find moding the cars fun and making a POS like the TL01 competitive against new TT02s. Why do you think I ran a Traxxas for so long?
Old 19-01-2014

Unhappy

Oh dear...... I thought clubman was just for fun? The week before I had a silver can in my F103 and it was quicker than my F104 that I ran this Friday. I will run my f103 with my silver can next week and let you guys moan about that as well.....
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

Im up for that too. Bit unsure what to do as TA02 is freakishly slow with my27t brushed, but too fast with 12/13t brushless. I could gear it down but that would give way too much acceleration, which it already already has and im already using the largest pinion possible.
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

I don't think we are having a moan Lee, its just the clubman class is new and a bit of debate as to where the class is going and if any restrictions need bringing in is always healthy.

At the end of the day, we want to get it right and listening to views on whats working/whats not is beneficial
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
Even pogo stick shocks?

I'm not too keen on totally stock classes, one chassis will become dominant and it'll be something like the TB04 class.

I find moding the cars fun and making a POS like the TL01 competitive against new TT02s. Why do you think I ran a Traxxas for so long?
That whole statement goes against what everyone is trying to stop,
If you have mods to your car to be on the pase of others,what chance does someone have running one as stock,no difference to what my car was on Friday,

To say one will be more dominent is clearly telling that you want to win,if you have a heat of 10 and 8 are running pure stock and nose to tail with 2 std mardave 2 laps down so be it as it's all for fun and whT your all after

Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
I'm against silvercans or any sealed can motor with no internal fan. Dealing with the temp is just annoying...
Wimp

Having said that my silvercan was dangerously hot on friday, regardless of how I geared it!