Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
Im up for that too. Bit unsure what to do as TA02 is freakishly slow with my27t brushed, but too fast with 12/13t brushless. I could gear it down but that would give way too much acceleration, which it already already has and im already using the largest pinion possible.
But if it's all std it will the same pace as anyone else running one

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
But if it's all std it will the same pace as anyone else running one
It is standard, except for the brushless combo, foams and the dremelling I had to do in order to fit a square lipo!
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think it will be more rewarding beating a newer deigned car with an older chassis both being set up as std

Old 19-01-2014

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.

Quote:
That whole statement goes against what everyone is trying to stop,
If you have mods to your car to be on the pase of others,what chance does someone have running one as stock,no difference to what my car was on Friday,

To say one will be more dominent is clearly telling that you want to win,if you have a heat of 10 and 8 are running pure stock and nose to tail with 2 std mardave 2 laps down so be it as it's all for fun and whT your all after
I don't agree and FWIW I don't have any issues with your car on Friday. Whilst your make a valid point if all cars started equal that isn't the case for Clubman. Some people are running vintage machines and it would be unrealistic to expect them to stick with bushings, mechanical speedos, pogo stick shocks etc...

My worry isn't about some cars being quicker than others, that's A-OK. My worry isn't about some people winning all the time. That's fine too, you are more skilled than most of the clubman field, so it is natural that someone like you will walk away with a trophy at the end. My only worry is that slower people (those like me) will go for more and more power in order to catch up better skilled people. I am worried about cars being out of control as opposed to some cars being way faster than others. There's often carnage in off road that involves replacing parts regularly, that's what I want to avoid.

I'd happily have Clubman be a non-scoring class with no trophies. But I am sure others wouldn't agree
Old 19-01-2014

apologies if my earlier post may've seemed a little harsh.. those that know me are aware that i am quite outspoken, i paint trucks for a living, i am definitely no politician .... very rarely do i even look at the figures on the printout after each race, it seems to me people are looking at taking this far too seriously.. i do see that there seems to be a gap in our classes for people that want to run faster cars that do not fit into the brca regulated classes... and as for 13.5 clubman cars being just as fast as 13.5 tourers , i shall be running my 20 year old plastic tamiya with rubber band drive on 13.5 blinky this friday and i will be smiling whether i win or lose
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

I've just read the tread back from the start (3 pages in a couple of hours - thats good going!).

Feel free to shoot me down about the following ideas, but takes quite a lot already discussed into account.
- With so many different cars, running stock is not an option as, unless you are a complete anorak, how will you know whether something is stock or a hop up. The TA01/02 came with oil dampers as std but the TT01 with pogo shocks.

- Motor in Touring chassis is irrelevant as so many other factors (lipo/nimh, gearing, esc, weight etc) can have a bigger effect on speed/acceleration).

- If its for fun, perhaps scrap the points/trophy system.

- If you do want to race, decide who you are racing and then take note of whether you beat them or not.

-if you want to race others as a "class" (eg like in the first post of this thread), drivers agree a set of rules between themselves.

- if somebody is running a super fast car, let them so long as they don't cause problems, or move them to the TC class, but they don't score points.

Im just thinking out load so there maybe some major flaws in these ideas!
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
It is standard, except for the brushless combo, foams and the dremelling I had to do in order to fit a square lipo!
Lol,
I see the battery mod and bearing set a good idea,

Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith105e View Post
those that know me are aware that i am quite outspoken:
I don't think you're outspoken, just a mardy-arse like me
Old 19-01-2014

No trophies means it week on week and every week is a new championship :-) aggree on what you want to run during the week etc and people can try to match perhaps ... Im glad the clubman exists purely and simply so I can run my Tamiya 10ths what ever they are .... Regulating it may see that stop, it was just a thought that this week a few of us wanted to run the same kind of car thats all ...

I trophy is great yeah, but I wouldn't run my fasted car solid for 8 weeks to get it and sacrifice the close rubbing and position swapping with Guy / Chris and Charlie to get it .. Some of my most rewarding races are when I have come 3rd or 4th place and end up going home with a proper smile ..
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
- if somebody is running a super fast car, let them so long as they don't cause problems, or move them to the TC class, but they don't score points.
That's the key thing for me, I don't mind if Paul, reg, or Chris G run silly motors as long as people like me don't copy them. You cannot trust me with a 7.5T motor and a lightweight car... I'll take half the field out. Remember, I am the person that cut a buggy in two with a Losi.
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If I went out and bought an old Tamiya,I would like to fit into a class that didn't chose down the pub what it is that week,I think you all think that we want to walk away and romp home 3 laps ahead,not true,I had the most fun running gt12 being less than a second between 4 drivers,it would be awsome to race nose to tail with a heat of proper looking cars.

Ps i had a 13.5 in the car and have never run a silly motor,I used to run a 13.5 in my buggy and will be running a 17.5 in my TC!

Old 19-01-2014

Well to " try and fit in " I have just bought a TT01 crock of sh@", I will put a 13.5 motor in and race that on Friday. ( could even try and race it in reverse if that helps? )

If I sound like a grumpy git then so be it, but I really do not like the way some members seem to be driving the club ( excuse the pun ) in possibly the wrong direction. Yes some people are going to the better drivers than others, but that is life. If we were all the same then how boring would that be!
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I hope that isn't the crock of sh@7t iv been watching all week pmsl

Old 19-01-2014

Geeze all I did was post the idea that a couple of use wanted to run the same kind of car and people are getting upset, wasn't even my idea ... But we do have the right to choose to run similar cars at the end of the day .. No one is being forced into conforming and running with us ..

In what way is the club going in the wrong direction?

Scott
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
I think you all think that we want to walk away and romp home 3 laps ahead
To be fair put us both in equal cars and you'll probably end up 3 to 4 laps ahead of me.
Old 19-01-2014

Racing at the club used to be so much fun with everyone getting along. ( for the most ). All the seems to happen now is some people just moan moan moan. Has anyone actually noticed that some of the very good drivers that the club has been catering for are not coming as much or in some cases at all?.... There are some things that could be said but as this is a very public forum maybe this is not the place.
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We want to race with everyone in the class,not be classed as "taking the piss"
Charlie said after the finals"forget that cheating gits lap times and the other two"
We wernt around at the gentleman's agreement so not sure how i cheated,
We all want to race against each other as said before but when the classes are so mixed up its hard.

Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
We want to race with everyone in the class,not be classed as "taking the piss"
Charlie said after the finals"forget that cheating gits lap times and the other two"
We wernt around at the gentleman's agreement so not sure how i cheated,
We all want to race against each other as said before but when the classes are so mixed up its hard.
I had no idea that he said that. Well maybe some people are more grumpy than others. It would be interesting to see if he could say that face to face..... Anyway Reg as I thought it would be rude to only buy one, I bought 2 so you can race one........
Old 19-01-2014

Agreed, nobody should feel that they are getting insulted or accused of cheating when they haven't broken any rules.

Someone who shall remain nameless did accuse my Mardave of being too quick... when running a Silvercan!!! As I said on page one, like it or not it isn't all about the car, some drivers are better than others and they would win even if all cars are equal. If you doubt that look at the spread in GT12.

My sole concern with Clubman is generally avoiding carnage due to excessive power. Those coming first usually aren't at fault, they get there because they are fast as well as consistent.

PS: If anyone wants to borrow my TL01 and put a stop to accusations by winning with it they are welcome to try Just pls replace broken parts as I am broke.
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedolby77 View Post
Racing at the club used to be so much fun with everyone getting along. ( for the most ). All the seems to happen now is some people just moan moan moan. Has anyone actually noticed that some of the very good drivers that the club has been catering for are not coming as much or in some cases at all?.... There are some things that could be said but as this is a very public forum maybe this is not the place.
Lee, if there are specific things people don't like about the club then please let us know. Me, Dave, Martin and Gui are all on the committee and are active on this forum - if you have something to say that you don't want publishing on the public forum then please pm one of us.

At the end of the day we can't please everyone but we try to please as many people as we can, thats why we offer so many classes - if you don't enjoy one then you can try another. I stopped racing buggy on a friday as I wasn't enjoying it but am loving clubman.