Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 15-06-2020
Mad Member

Default Are Hudy bags really worth the extra

I've been toying with the idea of getting a hauler. Why is the hudy 1/8th scale one so much more expensive than the Schumacher or fastrax large hauliers? Are they really worth nearly double the price?
Old 15-06-2020
Banned

Hi Daz, I.m selling one half price if you are interested. In my opinion, are they worth the full retail price extra, no personally don't think so. But, the build quality is a lot better. Also, unlike the others, all the parts are replaceable, including the wheels. Whereas my old HPI/Schumacher one that I had, the wheels broke, and I ended up having to carry it around in the end...which defeats the purpose.
Old 15-06-2020
Mad Member

I've had my Hudy Hauler for about 6-7 years, still works perfectly and looks good.

I did have a Fastrax one that lasted about a year and a team magic one before that that probably made 2-3 years before the zips gave up and drawers collapsed.

Cant comment on the schuey one, but yeah I think you pay for the quality with the Hudy but it lasts well.
Old 16-06-2020

I have the Hudy TC carrying bags. They're 6 years old now and still in excellent condition, despite being used 2 or 3 times a week. You can buy spare drawers which is handy; I have different drawers for different classes, and just swap them in and out.

Expensive yes, but they've proved a good investment.
Old 16-06-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Are they really worth nearly double the price?
Nope, just a brand people get fixed over IMO.

You only got to look at their other items to see they're general overpriced, but its one of those brands people pay for.

I ditched the hauler style bags a while ago for a couple of these Fastrax bags which are meant for carrying 8th cars - I've then got a specific transmitter bag inside and a load of affordable boxes with compartments from B&M/The Range and you got a decent set-up with a lot of storage. Depends how much stuff you have I guess... perfect for mid week racing too when you don't want to lug all of your gear around.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.p...CABEgKb9fD_BwE

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West

Last edited by Danosborne6661; 16-06-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 16-06-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
Nope, just a brand people get fixed over IMO.

You only got to look at their other items to see they're general overpriced, but its one of those brands people pay for.

I ditched the hauler style bags a while ago for a couple of these Fastrax bags which are meant for carrying 8th cars - I've then got a specific transmitter bag inside and a load of affordable boxes with compartments from B&M/The Range and you got a decent set-up with a lot of storage. Depends how much stuff you have I guess... perfect for mid week racing too when you don't want to lug all of your gear around.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.p...CABEgKb9fD_BwE
3 of us race so there is a lot of stuff. I'm currently using hobbyking ruck sacks which are amazing for the price. But it means getting everything out if you want something at the bottom which is a pain. So was wondering if a hauler would be easier
Old 16-06-2020
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Hauler

I have had a few Haulers of different makes and at first it was something I never considered when looking for a Hauler, but I do now.

That's how it zips up when the Hauler is full. I have had the FASTRAX Hauler for many years now around 6-7 years and 1 zip has gone. But the rest is as good as the day I got it. This hauler zips up and down vertically only. It has a flap at the bottom which has Velcro pads, which you just pull down to open and stick back when finished. With most other Haulers you have to lift it up when they are full to un zip and then lift it to zip it shut, this can be a pain when its full and some may struggle to do this due to age/disability..

TAMIYA TRF have just released a Hauler, its a copy of the FASTRAX but better quality and the zips are massive. TAMIYA TRF have made all the improvements that was need too the FASTRAX. Quality is better, zips are better and a BIG plus, it has a tool compartment at the top for all your hex drivers, which some big brands have now removed.

For me its the TRF TAMIYA Hauler ……..

**** 5 Metres Speed Swimming Champion 1976****
Old 16-06-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
I have had a few Haulers of different makes and at first it was something I never considered when looking for a Hauler, but I do now.

That's how it zips up when the Hauler is full. I have had the FASTRAX Hauler for many years now around 6-7 years and 1 zip has gone. But the rest is as good as the day I got it. This hauler zips up and down vertically only. It has a flap at the bottom which has Velcro pads, which you just pull down to open and stick back when finished. With most other Haulers you have to lift it up when they are full to un zip and then lift it to zip it shut, this can be a pain when its full and some may struggle to do this due to age/disability..

TAMIYA TRF have just released a Hauler, its a copy of the FASTRAX but better quality and the zips are massive. TAMIYA TRF have made all the improvements that was need too the FASTRAX. Quality is better, zips are better and a BIG plus, it has a tool compartment at the top for all your hex drivers, which some big brands have now removed.

For me its the TRF TAMIYA Hauler ……..
Cant find that in the UK mate
Old 17-06-2020
Mad Member

A hauler seems like a good idea, until you’ve filled it with so much stuff, you blow your back out lifting it into the car
Old 17-06-2020

Ogio. Game over.
Old 17-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
Ogio. Game over.
I use similar, mine is made by 24MX. Silly cheap for what it is and the quality is amazing. I had a regular hauler, I'd never go back.

https://www.24mx.co.uk/motocross-gea...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 17-06-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmuncher View Post
I use similar, mine is made by 24MX. Silly cheap for what it is and the quality is amazing. I had a regular hauler, I'd never go back.

That looks interesting. What boxes and storage do you use in it?
Old 17-06-2020
Mad Member

Quote:

That looks real good to be fair, bit large for m use but looks like a good option for most!

Old 17-06-2020

Quote:

Yeah that looks good. Do you put tyres or spares in a shoebox inside or what?
Old 17-06-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhands View Post
Yeah that looks good. Do you put tyres or spares in a shoebox inside or what?
Just buy plastic boxes with compartments from stores such as The Range and B&M

Old 18-06-2020

Yes, plastic boxes work, my preference though now is bags, one for fronts, one for rears.
Old 18-06-2020

Default hauler

I use this one:

http://www.neobuggy.net/2009/04/21/6066/

Bought second hand for £90 but the 24MX bag mentioned previously looks better value for money
Old 18-06-2020

Buy an Ogio 9800. Never have to buy anything again.
Had mine about about five years, it shad some serious hammer, including many travels in an aeroplane hold! It still looks like brand new!! The quality of all components is top notch, the zips in particular are very heavy gauge. There is a reason most rc professionals in the world use them. The best you can get......end of!!
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Old 23-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
I've been toying with the idea of getting a hauler. Why is the hudy 1/8th scale one so much more expensive than the Schumacher or fastrax large hauliers? Are they really worth nearly double the price?
To be fair, all XRAY everything is double the price of anything else...

as soon as they put "luxury" on it, it goes up 50%

Ogio is mentioned, the only bag worth the money. Its not a trend, they are actually the only bag right now that last year after year abuse. I have no loyalty or agenda to them, they just are tough as hell.
Old 23-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

Ogio is mentioned, the only bag worth the money. Its not a trend, they are actually the only bag right now that last year after year abuse. I have no loyalty or agenda to them, they just are tough as hell.
and 24MX