Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

View Poll Results: How do you want regionals to run ?
2WD 4WD same day Limited numbers (as is) 17 29.82%
2WD 4WD seperate Sundays (6 Sundays) 19 33.33%
2WD Saturday 4WD Sunday 12 21.05%
Other (please state below) 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
If Bury or Southport decided the same as Batley and pulled out the whole thing would fold......

No it wouldn't fold. Well, it didn't last time Bury pulled out of the Northwest region in favour of racing in the Northeast region.

Admittedly, a one club series isn't the best option but it still works.
Old 08-03-2012

Default vote

My vote:
2WD Sat/4WD Sun say 5 or 6 weekends gives everyone a chance to get F grade if they want it, even if they work regular Sat or Sun. Serious racers can do both if they wish.

You need at least 3 from 4; better 3 from 5.

But:
Let clubs open every week if they wish; some people don't want an F grade, and don't want to travel to race, but they have no option as things are now. That change alone would reduce the numbers booking in to regionals, and may avoid the current problem. In that case I think it may work leaving things as they are currently.
Old 08-03-2012
Gypsy Member

Default First cum first served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
i know I'm going to get flak over this but so what
the easiest option is for the guys that didn't get in to buck there ideas up and book in earlier next time end of,
This is exactly what I tried to do this year . Cos last year I got ore booked out of the regionals in no time at all. So this year I went mad on contacting the clubs to let em No I I'll be attending
And ido intend on doing the full regional series cos I want a better f rating this year And was well gutted I missed it last year
So Ido agree with Si here that people who do intend to race the full series should be given priority
I'm also a bit gutted batly have pulled out as I have heard great things abOut the track and was looking forward to racing it
Another great thing about the regionals is that it gives ya the excuse to travel to other tracks and enjoy what they have to offer
Or just have massive meetings and charge more so it's very financially benificial to the club to hold a regional event
Old 08-03-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Other.

There is one simple solution to this fiasco.

You NEED a central booking system. From there priority can (and should) be given to people entering all meetings first, enough meetings to complete the series second, and to anyone else third. Booking in needs to open well in advance and close a couple of weeks before the first round with confirmation e-mails sent no later than 1 week after closing.
After that it doesn't matter what format is run (as long as the format was clearly advertised before booking in opened). People will have been able to make an informed decision from the info provided, with no "first come first served".

Can I close the thread now?
Old 08-03-2012

I say stay the same as i for one and i know a few others who run 2wd work saturdays so having two day meetings wouldnt work for us ,and for splitting over sundays that would cut down the number of club days which a lot of lower ability drivers rely on for track time as my 11 yearold daughter does .anyway think this is all pretty pointless as the rds start shortly and nothing will change before then and then this argument will start all over again next year
Old 08-03-2012

Quote:
i know I'm going to get flak over this but so what
the easiest option is for the guys that didn't get in to buck there ideas up and book in earlier next time end of,
Carl the problem with you saying this is that no indication was given to when the flood gates would be opened for booking in and I only found out when the 1st southport meeting was full.
Plus like the nationals there is no set date when entry is possible, so it wouldn't be a safe way of first come.
I will go with what ever is decided and if it means I don't get 4 rounds in to count I will pull out and not do reginals, but I would have to know before rather than later.
Old 08-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Adding to that, it was really only advertised on Oople, and despite its popularity not all 1/10th racers are on here. Its not like we could even advise non-ooplers at a club meet because we haven't even had one since the dates came out!

First come, first served is fine if everyone has an equal chance to be first, but thats not really the case here.

However, I totally agree with Col that central booking in is the key here. With that we can make the best of whatever format we use.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 08-03-2012

Send a message via MSN to craigosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW View Post
I've voted "OTHER" to represent 2WD / 4WD same day restricted to one class per driver.
Same here for this year.

But If we were voting for next years format I'd pick option 3!
Old 08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Roger, I do agree with both you and Mike, however my main point was that in my eyes (I'm happy to listen to other views) the regional series is for drivers to try attain formula's F4 through F2 at the end of it.
If you are already F1 in the current year, you could at worst drop a grade to F2. For this reason any current F1 driver has nothing to gain by doing the regional series, as they could not better F2, the top grade available from the series.
Are you forgetting that you take out the F1's (and F2's gained at Nationals) from the qualifying list before you calculate the top 20% etc.

Also Fan of "Shepherd Neame"
Old 08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
And if that driver has decided to not attend Nationals that year for whatever reason then they can't race any BRCA series?
************** sorry, don't follow you on that*************

I might not know much, but I don't think you could actually turn anyone away who holds a valid BRCA licence... but what do I know?
******no, I read it again and again. Can't get it..

Old 08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Other.

There is one simple solution to this fiasco.

You NEED a central booking system. From there priority can (and should) be given to people entering all meetings first, enough meetings to complete the series second, and to anyone else third. Booking in needs to open well in advance and close a couple of weeks before the first round with confirmation e-mails sent no later than 1 week after closing.
After that it doesn't matter what format is run (as long as the format was clearly advertised before booking in opened). People will have been able to make an informed decision from the info provided, with no "first come first served".

Can I close the thread now?
And if you're not on oOple or the net ???????

Old 08-03-2012
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The race controller View Post
And if you're not on oOple or the net ???????
John (Oscar) was suggesting not allowing F1's to race in the regionals, but then if that F1 had decided to not do the Nationals that year, then they'd have no series to race in.... (as they'd not be doing Nationals through choice and Regionals because they weren't allowed).

Make sense?
Old 08-03-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyster View Post
Carl the problem with you saying this is that no indication was given to when the flood gates would be opened for booking in and I only found out when the 1st southport meeting was full.
Plus like the nationals there is no set date when entry is possible, so it wouldn't be a safe way of first come.
I will go with what ever is decided and if it means I don't get 4 rounds in to count I will pull out and not do reginals, but I would have to know before rather than later.
i kinda see what your saying but
imho i cant see why anyone thats into racing that much that they wana do regionals wouldnt check up on whats going on more than once a month
Old 08-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
i kinda see what your saying but
imho i cant see why anyone thats into racing that much that they wana do regionals wouldnt check up on whats going on more than once a month
Oople is the best forum for advice and information.

NOT the place for organising BRCA events such as regionals.

This should be done at a central location and should have mailshot reminders and notifications sent out to allow people a fair chance at entering.

I almost missed out on the regional and as said before 3-4 friends who i like to race with (which is part of the enjoyment) have missed out.
Old 08-03-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
Oople is the best forum for advice and information.

NOT the place for organising BRCA events such as regionals.

This should be done at a central location and should have mailshot reminders and notifications sent out to allow people a fair chance at entering.

I almost missed out on the regional and as said before 3-4 friends who i like to race with (which is part of the enjoyment) have missed out.
Bring your mates and come back to the Mid West then Mike
Old 08-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matdodd View Post
Bring your mates and come back to the Mid West then Mike
NW could learn a hell of a lot from the MW.

Their regionals are as good as, if not better than Nationals.

Dedicated website
Central booking in
Mailshots
Andrew Jones
Referees
Scruitineering
Dedicated time keeper
3 legged A's

The list of pros is endless

Last year I stopped racing at the batley regional after round 2 the driving standard was that bad.
Old 08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
NW could learn a hell of a lot from the MW.

Their regionals are as good as, if not better than Nationals.

Dedicated website
Central booking in
Mailshots
Andrew Jones
Referees
Scruitineering
Dedicated time keeper
3 legged A's

The list of pros is endless

I stopped racing at the batley revional after round 2 the driving standard was that bad.
I remember when North West had all those things, it was made possible by volunteers who were mostly non-racers (Dads). Not so many non-racers involved with the running of the clubs now. So it comes down to whos willing to give up thier race day to run the Scruitineering tent?
Old 08-03-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

OK then heres one ill volunteer myself for running and setting up central booking system for the northwest,
Old 08-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
OK then heres one ill volunteer myself for running and setting up central booking system for the northwest,
Woody, sign him up.

Im not giving him any cash though
Old 08-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm not racing in the regionals but that doesn't mean I won't help out. I'm not that convinced we really need scrutineering in this day and age but can do it if people want.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)