Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 31-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy
Default Turkish GP..dont read if you haven't seen it. :)

We've been discussing the GP here and the topic of who was at fault on sunday.

Personally I think it was Vettels fault, I think that he thought he was past Webber and pulled across...causing the accident.

How Horner thought that Webber didn't leave Vettel enough room I don't know. He was pretty much through so clearly had enough room, he just didn't use his brain when moving across.

Horner deffo has a thing for Vettel, and so obviously is on his side.

Excellent race though, not seen 4 car that close for the whole race for years. This year is deffinately livening up!!
Old 31-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
We've been discussing the GP here and the topic of who was at fault on sunday.

Personally I think it was Vettels fault, I think that he thought he was past Webber and pulled across...causing the accident.

How Horner thought that Webber didn't leave Vettel enough room I don't know. He was pretty much through so clearly had enough room, he just didn't use his brain when moving across.

Horner deffo has a thing for Vettel, and so obviously is on his side.

Excellent race though, not seen 4 car that close for the whole race for years. This year is deffinately livening up!!
Agree with you Tel. Webber held his line and left plenty of room. Short of rolling out a red carpet for Vettel to overtake he couldnt of done much more to avoid it ! When trying to get on the line for the upcoming bend its obvious from the video that Vettel drove hard into the side of Webber !

Webber deserved to be leading - had no moral obligation to move over for his team mate. Served him right IMO

I thought it was more amusing watching Button trying to overtake Hamilton after they were both told to slow to save fuel ! Its pretty obvious that theres no love lost between those two i reckon !

See My Feedback

Old 31-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I don't actually agree that the blame should lay wholey on Vettel, he pulled a clean move and there is no way Webber was going to block him. Any team mate worth a toss would have moved across and had a stab back on the next corner, typical Webber egotystical maniac if you ask me. You wanna see how it should have been done watch Lewis and Jenson a few laps later.
Old 31-05-2010

if you watch the replay you can see webber moving across to let vettel through, twas vettels fault all the way.
Old 31-05-2010

Don't like webber, he's a danger on track, but, you can see who the team clearly see as their number one.
Old 31-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Vettel just thought he'd got the room to move across.

He 'assumed'......and we all know what assume does!?

The Mclaren duel was ace, and I did think at one point (turn 1) that hamilton was going to drive into the side of Button and hand the victory back to Webber!

...and we all now know what 'Fuel is critical' means in the Mclaren camp don't we!
Old 31-05-2010

100% vettel's fault
Old 31-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
I don't actually agree that the blame should lay wholey on Vettel, he pulled a clean move and there is no way Webber was going to block him. Any team mate worth a toss would have moved across and had a stab back on the next corner, typical Webber egotystical maniac if you ask me. You wanna see how it should have been done watch Lewis and Jenson a few laps later.
Team mate or not, they are still racing for their OWN championship and i believe going into this race they were level on points (i maybe wrong) but i don't think anybody would just slide over and say "here you go" and webber didn't have a go at blocking because he has respect for his team mate.

Personally i think it was Vettel's fault, if anybody was to blame for not giving a toss about there team mate its vettel. He could have waited for a better place to pass webber. He just didn't seem to have any respect for webber. You don't see webber slamming into the side of vettel.

Even martin Brundle said he had more than enough room, he had position for the corner, why risk the move.

Old 31-05-2010

I see it as six and half a dozen

Yes vettel moved over, but to me, vettel got by with webber going slower, had his nose in front, and maybe I saw something else, but I thought webber tried to squeeze him onto the grass, and vettel movrd it over, to get webber to move over to prevent this, and webber was having none of it, and took vettel out
Old 31-05-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4wM-...eature=related

48 seconds in...vettel swerve's into webber plain as day.

Old 31-05-2010
Mad Member

Vettel seems desperate to beat Webber right now. I'm not a fan of Webbers driving generally but, as previously stated all that was left to do was put out the red carpet and buntin. Anyway, what the hell was up with Lewis on the podium? He won but sush a sour face. Was it cos Button gave him a late scare? Surely he'd rellish the chance of some wheel to wheel with Jens? Highlight of a great race I thought. As Tel said, season is looking very good.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 31-05-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Vettel half car'ed Webber so was in front

but he pulled right on Webber hoping it was clear to do so, blind spot? and caused the crash

Webber should maybe have yielded as he had been cleanly passed and waited a corner or two or tried later in the race

wonder if the FIA will look into it?
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 31-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sime46 View Post
Vettel seems desperate to beat Webber right now. I'm not a fan of Webbers driving generally but, as previously stated all that was left to do was put out the red carpet and buntin. Anyway, what the hell was up with Lewis on the podium? He won but sush a sour face. Was it cos Button gave him a late scare? Surely he'd rellish the chance of some wheel to wheel with Jens? Highlight of a great race I thought. As Tel said, season is looking very good.
I suspect that Hamilton was expecting the finish order to be as is. If you were on track and got told to slow down with a footnote that your team mate had been told the same then you wouldnt expect him to have a go at overtaking you. Jenson seems like the nicer guy of the two when interviewed IMO. Whats with Lewis` daft goaty beard too ?

I suppose if Nicole was my Mrs and she insisted i had a goatie then id` grow one too

See My Feedback

Old 31-05-2010

[QUOTE=Chequered Flag Racing;382193]

Webber should maybe have yielded as he had been cleanly passed and waited a corner or two or tried later in the race [QUOTE]

If Webber had yielded it would have shown a weakness, by not moving it shows strength in character and next time Vettel will think twice making a pass. I still think Vettel is the better driver, but good on Webber for not letting Vettel walk all over him.
Old 31-05-2010
Mad Member

Nicole should be stood in front of the car before the race holding the flag...

Vettels fault all the way..
Old 31-05-2010
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

IMO the actual crash was Vettels fault, but it's not as simple as that. Webber's car was in fuel save mode and was substantially slower as a result, allowing Vettel to get alongside so easily, whereas Vettel had another lap before his needed to do the same. In that lap he would have pulled a lead of several seconds thus allowing him to win the race easily.
Having said all that this season is shaping up to be great!

p.s. Nice work on the thread title, Tel
Old 31-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

IMO it was mostly Vettel's fault, but could have been avoided by Webber if he'd thought a bit quicker. Looking at how Vettel came steaming in on a very dirty part of the track there was no way he was going to make the apex, if I were Webber I'd have pulled back onto line, got it slowed down and tried to cut back under Vettel on the exit.
Webber left just enough space on the inside but squeezed Vettel too much, Vettell would have slid into the side of Webber as it squirmed under brakes anyway on that part of the track even if he had tried to stay on the inside.

Pair of muppets both of them!
Old 01-06-2010

100% Vettels fault. And what's more, team favoritism is now exposed. The last time Webber gave Vettel enough courtessy room to move it cost him the Maysian GP win. As the leader of the WC and the leader of the race Webber should have had a bit more respect from the team. Sending him into fuel saving a lap before Vettel is a bit naff.
And Webber clearly left enough room, Vettel turned into him to try and make more/force Webber off/show who's boss and Webber didn't take it. It's not a question of reaction time. Vettles manouvre was far too violent. It was almost like a tantrum for mine. Had they not been team mates there's no doubt Vettel would be up infront of the stewards had he done that to any other car. Horner coming out saying it's 50/50 and Webber should have made room is basically saying he wanted Vettel to go on and win. Webber is also now clearly under Vettels skin. And although it can change in a race Vettel is now 5th in the WC with Webber leading, and with McLaren on thier heals, Red Bull better sort out thier priorities quickly!

- Royal Racing Paint - <clicky>
Old 01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagofSkill View Post
100% Vettels fault. And what's more, team favoritism is now exposed. The last time Webber gave Vettel enough courtessy room to move it cost him the Maysian GP win. As the leader of the WC and the leader of the race Webber should have had a bit more respect from the team. Sending him into fuel saving a lap before Vettel is a bit naff.
And Webber clearly left enough room, Vettel turned into him to try and make more/force Webber off/show who's boss and Webber didn't take it. It's not a question of reaction time. Vettles manouvre was far too violent. It was almost like a tantrum for mine. Had they not been team mates there's no doubt Vettel would be up infront of the stewards had he done that to any other car. Horner coming out saying it's 50/50 and Webber should have made room is basically saying he wanted Vettel to go on and win. Webber is also now clearly under Vettels skin. And although it can change in a race Vettel is now 5th in the WC with Webber leading, and with McLaren on thier heals, Red Bull better sort out thier priorities quickly!
Could'nt have put it better myself

Old 01-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I think the Team must take a portion of the blame here, for not controlling their drivers more, as for the actual incident, Vettel veered right and made the collision, Webber could of moved over, but he didn't have to.

So if you want it black and white, as an accident, Vettel caused it.

As a race, Webber should of moved over a little and did what Hamilton done, forced it round 12, 13 and 14 then taken it up with the Team after. They both lost and both the McLarens won.