Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 21-10-2012

You just need to check that the motor is a 13.5 turn and that the LED is blinking at neutral.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80777
Old 21-10-2012

Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd2477 View Post
No 2 motors seem to be the same ! But the Tin cans were close and thats why we had that class. Now we have moved on to Lipo we need to understand if any aproved motors and speed controllers are faster than others. Yes we have used the GT12 rules as a base for our current championship but if the majority of Mardave drivers want to tweak them so be it. As for scrutineering I am not skilled enough to know if someone is cheating with the new brushless setup so I will not be scrutineering.
Hi Eric,

As rudolf said in his post just need to cheak the motor and the speedo are on the Blinky settings, me and Kev will be more than happy to lead a hand prior to the races starting.

Eric I have a PDF of the approved motors, lipo and also Blinky speedos approved I will get Kev to email them to you.

Kind regards
Dan
Old 21-10-2012

If there is going to be any question raised it should be a non mardaves racer who scrutineers. If someone wants to show me on Friday I will do it
Old 21-10-2012

Peter, I have tried to study this technology and it seems quite difficult to be sure that the timing has not been advanced even if you are an electronics geek. Also how do you know if the speedo was set on blinky or not when the car was on the track. This is a minefield and I am not sure how to control it. We need to have a word with Kevin and find a way forwards. Eric
Old 21-10-2012

If this is something we cannot control lets go back to tin can. This is something we should of sorted before the league
Old 21-10-2012

Just give all drivers racing in the mardave modified class written instructions when they book in.
To be honest even in the tin can class you can cheat and use faster tin cans which look like the mardave motors. It is all down to honesty really.
Look what happened to lance armstrong cheats do not prosper.
Ive raced against kev and dobs for years and they have never really had faster cars they were just faster getting around the track due to better setups and better driving.I hate them both lol
Old 21-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin pete View Post
If there is going to be any question raised it should be a non mardaves racer who scrutineers. If someone wants to show me on Friday I will do it
Sounds gud pete, if you pm me ur email I will send you the upto date list of motor speedo and lipos
Old 21-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd2477 View Post
Peter, I have tried to study this technology and it seems quite difficult to be sure that the timing has not been advanced even if you are an electronics geek. Also how do you know if the speedo was set on blinky or not when the car was on the track. This is a minefield and I am not sure how to control it. We need to have a word with Kevin and find a way forwards. Eric
Eric

No Friday I will show you, on my speedo it blinks when not applying the throttle that means its in Blinky mode. And same goes for most other speedo ( their should be a visual flashing LED on the speedo ( Blinky )

I think all the Mardave driver should get together on Friday before racing and put this one to bed.

How does this sound?

Kind Regards
Daniel
Old 21-10-2012
Banned

But the know one should be using RSpro's
They are over the price limit?

We're do we draw the line?
Old 21-10-2012

I think you can only run the series at club level with honesty is the best policy rule if people want to cheat then they are only cheating themselfs and at the end of the day it only a bit of fun on a friday night
Old 21-10-2012
Banned

that's me told!
Old 21-10-2012

Also with some esc like mine which is brca approved for mardaves you can not adjust the timing you can only give it basic settings so it does not have blinky.Impossible to cheat.
Novak gtb2
Old 21-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post

that's me told!

well Gail always says its your 3rd son on the phone when you ring but at least I have not shouted at you like I did at Vaughn in his final today lmafo
Old 21-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
But the know one should be using RSpro's
They are over the price limit?

We're do we draw the line?
Say you who has one lol
Old 21-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
I think you can only run the series at club level with honesty is the best policy rule if people want to cheat then they are only cheating themselfs and at the end of the day it only a bit of fun on a friday night
Is this aimed at me Martin
Old 21-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1tch View Post
Is this aimed at me Martin
lol .....
Old 21-10-2012

hi guys on a more serious note i really feel that us GT12 guy should get together on friday and have a quick chat about this class , as i for one love racing my brushless also need the pratice with it as the driving standard at the national events is far higher.... the GT!2 at the 12th National are scary quick and i mean it the will put us lot a ribble to shame.... believe me...

As for the question to that was asked by Mat it don't state any where in the club rule about price of speedo so (Guess what Tekin RS PRO is allowed) only states a maximum on brushed speedo..£65.00

Here are the club rules off KEv Appleby PC as he wrote them and he is the Mardave / GT12 Rep.....

RVRCCC GT12 Rules
Racing Classes
1.1 Brushed motors – these to be the G2 2010 motor only.
1.2 Modified – either the G2 motor or a brushless motor with a minimum wind of 13.5 turns.
1.3 Only one drive motor is allowed per car.

Chassis and Components
2.1 The chassis is to consist of one continuous sheet of metal or glass/carbon fibre that extends from a minimum 10mm ahead of the front axle line and runs continuously along the car to end 25mm minimum behind the rear axle line. The chassis may not include any feature designed to allow the front and rear axle to rotate along the central axis of the car relative to each other. (The aim is that the chassis supports all the suspension components and is sufficiently rigid not to be used as a working part of the suspension system).
2.2 The material of the chassis must be available from the manufacturer in a kit available at or below a price limit of £99.95 (The aim is that it is not solely available as an upgrade to a rolling chassis kit).
2.3 Metal materials used in the rolling chassis may only be steel or aluminium. Special materials such as titanium are not allowed. Brass and lead only may be used as identifiable weights to meet the weight limit and when removed do not have any effect on the cars function as a rolling chassis.
2.4 All suspension systems must operate independently of the chassis.
2.5 Separate dampers are only allowed on the rear suspension and must be of the non-sealed straw or tube style. Those requiring seals to prevent the egress of oil are not allowed.
2.6 The front suspension may be independent provided that the suspension design does not have any pivot, rod or other mechanism that alters the wheel camber in roll relative to the chassis during its full travel. (The aim is to bar the use of suspension systems used on Touring Cars, GT10, 12th and F1 cars.
2.7 The rear axle must be a solid straight axle for the brushed class but may be fitted with an integral differential for the modified class.
2.8 Only a fixed speed transmission is allowed.
2.9 Gears to be of either 32DP or 48DP.
2.10 Rolling chassis kits may not have a recommended retail price higher than £99.95.
2.11 A rolling chassis kit may exclude all electrics and bodyshell but must include one complete set of wheels and tyres suitable for use on a carpet racing surface.
2.12 Ballraces are allowed on both front and rear axles.
2.13 Cars may only have two driven wheels with drive to the rear axle.
2.14 Minimum ground clearance under the car is 3mm (1mm under the spur gear).
Electrics/Electronics
3.1 Speed controllers may not be equipped with any form of automatic or programmable timing advance. If this feature is available then it must be disabled such as in the ‘blinking’ mode.
3.2 If using a sensorless speed controller the above rule does not apply.
3.3 Brushed speed controllers are without restriction providing they have an operating reversing function and are available with a recommended retail price not exceeding £65.
3.4 Cars with G2 brushed motors will be powered by cell/s with a maximum nominal voltage of 4.8volts.
3.5 Cars with brushless motors will be powered by cells with a maximum nominal voltage of 3.7volts.
Bodies, Wings and Bumpers
4.1 Any commercially available Mardave, Kamtec or Schumacher, ABS, Lexan & Carbon effect bodyshells may be used, with a maximum width of 165mm. Bodyshells for the 12th scale racing class are not allowed.
4.2 The shell must remain securely fixed to the car throughout the race.
4.3 The windscreen must be transparent and side and/or rear windows, if any, must be clear on Lexan/polycarbonate bodyshells.
4.4 Windows may be cut out on ABS and carbon effect shells.
4.5 No portion of the chassis, wheels and tyres or any equipment may extend beyond the body, except aerial masts and four posts for the purpose of mounting the bodyshell.
4.6 Roll-over masts/antennas are not allowed.
4.7 Wheel wells must be cut out if the original cars are cut out and should be not more than 10mm larger than the tyre radius, with the exception of scale size and/or shape wheel well cut-outs.
4.8 No supplementary aerofoil or fins shall be fitted to the body with the exception of a rear wing if desirable. This wing must be non-metallic, commercially available and securely fixed with a maximum width of 165mm and chord of 50mm.
4.9 The bodyshell can be decorated to suit the individuals taste providing all coatings are of a permanent nature.
4.10 The shell must be high enough not to damage the carpet.

4.11 Bumpers may be fitted but must be designed to minimize injury that could result from being hit by a car and to reduce the risk of damage to other cars. Rigid bumpers made from non-resilient material such as metal are not allowed. They should not have an edge radius of not less than 1.5mm.

Wheels and Tyres
5.1 Wheel rim diameter to be of a maximum of 40mm.
5.2 Tyre width must be a minimum of 20mm and a maximum of 26mm.
5.3 Tyres to be black except for any side wall detail.
5.4 Any tyre additive may be used providing it is non-toxic, odourless and any excess is removed from the surface of the tyres, and tyres to be ‘touch dry’ prior to the start of the race.
5.5 Wheel nuts and/or axles must not protrude more than 2mm beyond wheels.
5.6 No more than 1.5mm of wheel outer side may be exposed (not covered with rubber) on the outer edge of wheels.

Cheers
Dan
Old 21-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggy007 View Post
Just give all drivers racing in the mardave modified class written instructions when they book in.
To be honest even in the tin can class you can cheat and use faster tin cans which look like the mardave motors. It is all down to honesty really.
Look what happened to lance armstrong cheats do not prosper.
Ive raced against kev and dobs for years and they have never really had faster cars they were just faster getting around the track due to better setups and better driving.I hate them both lol
Karl what about me, i won the last mardave series dont forget
Old 21-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1tch View Post
Karl what about me, i won the last mardave series dont forget
Ok i hate you too are you happy now
Old 21-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggy007 View Post
Ok i hate you too are you happy now
hehehehe