Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatmix View Post
From a casual observers point of view why get the P2 when the CE carbon beats it at race events?
then you aint had one race at your place
Old 02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch!3f View Post
the thing is mardave is a budget class which is now based around beginners and having fun all these mods and new chassis's are for the people who want to change there arnt that many folk out there that do want all this to change.theres the odd few willing to follow where the class is going where its been led by these bum holes that want it to be something its not.

simple thing really if people want to use it they will if they dont they wont get a grip over yourself.mods or no mods its down to driver skill and setup if they do well or not yes some mods help but most of them are basicly just there to make them look pretty for the show offs.

i for 1 am interested in the new schumacher car but i know for a fact its going to be expensive compared to a mardave to buy and run.and from what ive seen of the chassis it looks abit manic theres that much chucked on it.

as far as i can see tic racing have pissed on there own bonfire!
Lol the new shooy car is th same price as a v12 mardave.
you have not seen the new chassis only the stock car one.
again as for bum holes you seem very good talking out of yours . Thats why mardave is on the verge of death when you see the true Shooy circuit car you will see the great effort that is put into it makes Mardave look like something knocked up in a garden shed
Old 02-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulnuneaton View Post
Lol the new shooy car is th same price as a v12 mardave.
you have not seen the new chassis only the stock car one.
again as for bum holes you seem very good talking out of yours . Thats why mardave is on the verge of death when you see the true Shooy circuit car you will see the great effort that is put into it makes Mardave look like something knocked up in a garden shed

how am i speaking out of my bum hole i dont see crap been thrown all over the place like in your posts.you make it out like you know everyone who races mardaves and they all want a new car when infact you know about what say 20people n half of those probably arnt that arsed!

why woud it be the death of mardave its down to driver choice all these guys who have run mardaves for years know how to set them up what would they benefit changing cars?a change then revert back to their old cars? maybe maybe not we wont know till it happens but how many clubs will run them? new drivers its 50/50 depends on they guys in the modelshop and who they talk to so they can decide on what to buy.

its all ifs and buts at the minute till the car is on the shelf with spares readily available for it.
Old 02-02-2012

20 racer yep never mind watch the space i aint that intrested because Mardave has gone 1 step forward 44 steps backwards. its as basic now as it was 25 yrs ago
Old 02-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
20 racer yep never mind watch the space i aint that intrested because Mardave has gone 1 step forward 44 steps backwards. its as basic now as it was 25 yrs ago
If you hate Mardave so much, why don't you get out of their section!?

I loved my V12, the simplicity is what made it great!!!
Old 02-02-2012

thats what i have done mate got out of Mardave sold all me gear best thing i ever done!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2012

Hi admin can we please have this thread shut down or deleted due to it being grossly misleading, aside from it not being in anyway a good idea to comment on a private business deal via a public forum and is clearly getting unpleasant.
Which helps no one least of all the sport as a whole attract new interest.
Old 02-02-2012

Quote:
...and the hallmark of a design that is fit for purpose is that it stays in production for a long time. (although I'd like to see the similarities between an early '87 Ministock and a current V12).

As Chief pointed out earlier, many many Mardave circuit racers (i would go so far as to say the core body of racers in this class) are here because either:
a) they are beginners - the *percieved* dynamic shortcomings of the car being more than compensated for by the ease and low price of upkeep or,
b) They are experienced racers that, due to pressure of work, family life, finances or whatever, just want something that they can race competitively once a week or so without worrying about constantly upgrading and keeping up with the latest trends. This is the category I fall into, as a long time racer who has come back after a few years away.

This class's USP is it's stability in terms of the technology - that isn't to say that it is or should be a monopoly, but trying to make it into something that it is not will leave us in the medium-to-long term with NO winners - it will become a 'flavour of the month' class for a couple of years before going back to a hard-core who will be no further along and £££ out of pocket. No class that is an 'arms race' of technology with new cars, chassis, this and that coming out on a regular basis is going to appeal to a club racer as much as a stable class with lots of competition, where driving skill can be made to count (I'm not naive enough to thing that it is a 100% driver skill class even as it stands).

I may be stating the obvious here, but if one wishes to race a car (on circuit at least) that is the size of a Mardave V12 but with a fancy chassis, diff rear axle, full adjustability everywhere, so on and so forth, hasn't that class existed since - oooh - the mid-late 1970s? What's wrong with racing a 'mainstream' 12th, if that's what you want to do?

I'm certainly not anti-Schumacher - My aged Mi2EC is a lovely lovely car on the rare occasions I get to race it - but I do hope that the new car, if and when it arrives, does not move the game on too much, as like I said earlier, this class needs an arms race like it needs a hole in the head - just because something has stayed the same for a relatively long time does not mean it is wrong - the full-size Mini Seven / Miglia series have been going for over 40 years with fundamentally the same cars. Please don't spoil that special something that this class has by dragging it to somehwere it does not belong, and stepping on another class's toes in the process.
Old 02-02-2012

Hate to state the obvious but its called the Mardave class for a reason, if you want to race in the Tamiya euro cup you will HAVE to race a Tamiya, no HPI, Scumacher, Associated cars, race the HPI or Kyosho cup and the same applies.
In real racing if you want to race in the Reno Cleo cup try turning up with a Porche and see what happens.

Now if Schumacher or whoever wishes to set up there own series across the country fine its a free world, but im guesing that 99.9999% of clubs that run a mardave class will keep it just that with whatever rules they allow eg brushless, diffs or carbon chassis, but basically its a Mardave.
Old 03-02-2012

well lets see what the BRCA say i think the apple cart is about to be turned over. Its called a Mardave class because how Wilkinson has made it a closed monoply do you talk to the BRCA at all some of them are so fed up. but hey it will all come out in the wash!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2012

Quote:
well lets see what the BRCA say i think the apple cart is about to be turned over. Its called a Mardave class because how Wilkinson has made it a closed monoply do you talk to the BRCA at all some of them are so fed up. but hey it will all come out in the wash!!!!!!
And some people seem determined to overturn that apple cart, no matter how many week-in-week-out racers get caught up in the crossfire. Seems strange that this class has provided enjoyment for a long time without any trouble, and now in the space of a year or so there has been a clamour for officially-framed class rules and now this. The class did perfectly well at club level with basically gentlemans agreement rules, it seems a shame that there is such a clamour to turn it into just another class full of this-is-better-than-that boasting.
Old 03-02-2012
Mad Member

hes just 1 guy that thinks he can change the world when inact hes just another person no1 cares about thats why hes kicking up a fuss.

think about it if people want to change they will but dont get your hopes up.

its not like you have designed and built the car you have heard about it and jumped on the band wagon of i want change.do you go mouthing off at your local track telling people mardaves are crap?even though you loved them for years?
i know1 thing is you were gobbing off at your local track you would have any friends left there if you had any that is.
Old 03-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

My old mardave is like Triggers broomstick. 2 new chassis, plenty of new arms, wheels, axles,motor mounts the lot has been changed several times over and at the end of the day I still have the car I had from
DAY ONE and I would'nt want to change anything from that.
Old 03-02-2012
Mad Member

exactly my point bodgit.

think this guy really believes himself he doesnt realise that the racers and beginners have to make there own decision.

dont get me wrong i am interested in what they are doing i may even buy 1 but it doesnt mean the end of mardave.

if mardave brought out a 1/10th touring car i know what i would be running! but 4wd in a dave would be quite a difficult challenge
Old 03-02-2012

i no this may seem abit off the plot but didt a trevor tennent converted a schumacher pan car into a 1/12 stockcar and it won and was disqualified in the late 80s early 90s for there stuart?

Old 03-02-2012

I think personal attacks on internet forums is bad.... but in this case I think it's fairly safe to say that it's a case of boy crying wolf again...

Paul has been involved in every RC scene possible in the last few years and has fallen out with every group he's ever got involved with.

Just wait until he finds the next "greatest thing ever" and all this will blow away like it never happened.
Old 03-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
I do find it strange that as Mardaves are supposed to be a cheap fun class, oval racing seems to have the most bickering and willy waving which does nothing to help the class. Just look at all the posturing over the P2 chassis for example.
I rest my case!

Quote:
Oh Jay the warrior so ill informed mate its almost making me cry
seems like you are going to be very busy chappy stamping on all the P2 chassis that TIC are about to produce do you know why Mardave is in the dark ages because of people like you with little or in your case no vision and its not rc circuit racers its RCCIRCUITCARS Durrrrrrrrrrrrr

Watch this space Jay because all is about to change in the Mardave dominated class just like i told you on the site a few months back. seem like in a few months mardave will be able to hold race meetings in a phone box dont say you did not see it coming!!!!!

TIC RACING now all the rights on the P2 chassis as well and as we talk they are developing it ready for a proper launch so dig out your best stomping boots cus you going to be one hell of a busy boy
Are you deliberately being hostile to try and chase away as many potential buyers as possible, or are you just trolling to get a rise out of all the current Mardave drivers and therefore drive them to stick to Mardave?

As for "mardave will be able to hold race meetings in a phone box". Really? So all the banger, stock car and saloon stox racers at my local oval are going to throw them away and replace them with your P2 car?

If you are planning to try and put Mardave out of business, which seems to be your personal intent based on the very hostile attitude towards them, then can we presume that your P2 car uses no Mardave parts whatsoever? Have you got a contract to use Shumacher parts or are you developing and producing your own front and rear ends, or is it still just a chassis plate that requires you to buy Mardave parts just to complete it and therefore each P2 still makes profit for Mardave.

If you want people to show an interest in buying a P2, attacking everyone who doesn't criticise Mardave isn't the way to get them interested in buying your chassis, all you are doing is driving people away from it because you are basically calling them all idiots for buying Mardaves. You might notice you don't see sponsored drivers in other classes spending all their time trying to put down the competition, because it's the fastest way to lose your sponsorship as you are just putting off potential buyers. After all, who wants to run a car that's known to be associated with people who are insecure with the equipment they run, after all if it was actually good they wouldn't need to slag off the competition.

You are also aiming at the wrong target entirely. Mardaves will still be run in the Mardave classes whatever, and if the rules are opened up to allow your P2 'car' then you also open up the rules to allow the Schumacher in as well, and opens up the class to other third party chassis and parts.
Old 03-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
"The BRCA" will have nothing to say about it. "The BRCA" don't make the rules, nor does Chris Wilkinson. The drivers make the rules, and that means all drivers all round the country not just the relatively few drivers you talk to.

If you believe the Mardave class is only Mardave because somehow Mardave controls it, then you really don't understand how the BRCA runs. It's going to be difficult to persuade all the members at the AGM to vote your chassis in if you have spent all your time attacking them.

Just look at the farce that was the introduction of brushless motors. Mardave spend time and money developing their own, then the members vote in any motor which effectively killed off the Mardave system.
Old 03-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qatmix View Post
From a casual observers point of view why get the P2 when the CE carbon beats it at race events?
then you aint had one race at your place
It's a perfectly valid question, if the P2 is so good, how has it done at the Mardave Circuit National meetings?

Your argument for the P2 basically is that "at my local clubs the P2 is fastest".
At my local club one of our fastest drivers dug out his old Associated TC3, ran it and managed to TQ. Based on that there's no way I'm going to claim the TC3 is still capable of winning nationals.

Slagging off Mardaves isn't going to persuade others to change to your P2 either, it smacks of someone with a lack of confidence in their car.

So, if it's so good, what major race meetings has it won?
Old 03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
"The BRCA" will have nothing to say about it. "The BRCA" don't make the rules, nor does Chris Wilkinson. The drivers make the rules, and that means all drivers all round the country not just the relatively few drivers you talk to.

If you believe the Mardave class is only Mardave because somehow Mardave controls it, then you really don't understand how the BRCA runs. It's going to be difficult to persuade all the members at the AGM to vote your chassis in if you have spent all your time attacking them.

Just look at the farce that was the introduction of brushless motors. Mardave spend time and money developing their own, then the members vote in any motor which effectively killed off the Mardave system.
+1 fella

Closed Thread