Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 18-04-2012

Default LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythewarrior View Post
Car looks good, but will choose a Mardave, and before someone asks why?> because mardave is a mardave. this shuey car looks like a 12th pan with shorter rear wheels. no doubt it might out perform a Dave, but it should have its own class, if you ask me its too much time spent on car that already exists, i could put a Mardave axel in my CRC and call it a 12th superstox. i'm quite diassapointed in Schumacher, they give us great stuff and new thinking but this seems like a 12 year old boy who just copied his mate on a maths test at school. (cough BMI 12th)
you was told it was on its way
Old 19-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

6 cell / 2s version on redrc
http://www.redrc.net/2012/04/schumac...addle-version/
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 21-04-2012

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher
Default will be legal for brca national!

The meeting voted for Construction Rules, and there were some small modifications. We added Rules to allow a 2S/21.5 class, and decided not to run that at Nationals. It gives the Clubs something to use. Many thanks to James Garrett for probably the best presentation of a rule proposal we have ever seen! Although there are valid reservations about using it at National level as an equivalent to the brushed and brushless motors with 4-cell and 1S respectively, we will be working (James and I, with others) to set something out that will give it legs for the Clubs.

We have two classes - GT12.1 based on kits costing less than £100 allowing hop-ups and home-made parts, and GT12.2 based on kits costing less than £100 with nothing allowed that is not in the kit, no carbon and no diffs. Drivers can choose which one they want to enter, but not both on the same race day.

GT12.1 kits can include carbon-fibre parts providing they are included in the kit and the kit costs less than £100. Diffs and other hop-ups are allowed, and parts can be modified and have home-made bits added. It's like GT12 racing on the same basis as 12th Circuit, with the exception of the kit price limit and that carbon parts are only those sold with the kit. GT12.2 kits must cost less than £100, contain no carbon parts or a diff, and have to be raced kit-standard without hop-ups or home-made parts - run what's in the box.

Both classes can use either G2-2010/4.8v or 13.5/1S combos at Nationals. Motors and batteries from the BRCA lists for 13.5/1S. There's a few bits of tidying up to do on individual dimensions, including wing sizes. Both GT12.1 and GT12.2 will run in the same heats, no separate heats for these classes at present. We've made provision for them to be split up when entries go over 20.

Bodyshells will be approved by the Committee and can be picked from a list. The old 12th body Rules will apply - must be a realistic representation of a GT car - and we will be working with all the body manufacturer's on that.

James Garrett will be the GT12 rep on the Committee. Give James and me a couple of weeks to straighten out all the Rules and then they will go up on the BRCA website.

Thank you everyone who has helped shape these Rules, and especially to those who attended the meeting today and worked so well together to get a set of Rules that were passed by good majorities in every case. This isn't the end, it is only the beginning. If we've got something really wrong, we'll put it right with the consent of the drivers during the season. As the years roll by, I feel sure that these Rules will evolve to reflect what the drivers want to do with new ideas and new technologies, as well as keeping the competition close and fun.
Old 27-04-2012

fingers crossed these should be arriving today
Old 27-04-2012

Received mine an hour ago :P
Old 27-04-2012
Mad Member

So just before I decide which to get. Looking at the rules the Schumacher will not be allowed to have a diff in circuit (As the kit costs £99.99 with no diff), and the £99 mardave carbon ce is allowed to run a diff? (As chris has changed the rrp).
Old 27-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatmix View Post
So just before I decide which to get. Looking at the rules the Schumacher will not be allowed to have a diff in circuit (As the kit costs £99.99 with no diff), and the £99 mardave carbon ce is allowed to run a diff? (As chris has changed the rrp).

then re read the rules i posted

GT12.1 kits can include carbon-fibre parts providing they are included in the kit and the kit costs less than £100. Diffs and other hop-ups are allowed, and parts can be modified and have home-made bits added. It's like GT12 racing on the same basis as 12th Circuit, with the exception of the kit price limit and that carbon parts are only those sold with the kit. GT12.2 kits must cost less than £100, contain no carbon parts or a diff, and have to be raced kit-standard without hop-ups or home-made parts - run what's in the box.
Old 27-04-2012

if i get a schumacher and run it stock what class does it fall into
Old 27-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan may View Post
if i get a schumacher and run it stock what class does it fall into
you can race in either class with a stock car
Old 27-04-2012
Mad Member

So Can I race a Mardave CE carbon in the 12.2 stock class, as the diff and carbon is in the Kit for £99.
Old 27-04-2012

Quote:
So Can I race a Mardave CE carbon in the 12.2 stock class, as the diff and carbon is in the Kit for £99.
as I read it no you cannot as it says gt12.2 must cost less than £100, contain no carbon parts or a diff

so as I understand it regardeless of the fact that it costs under £100 and comes with a diff and a carbon chassis it's not allowed in gt12.2 as it has a diff and carbon chassis

I am guessing that the supastox is allowed in both classes as it has an s1 chassis not carbon
also by looking at the rules unless they throw it into the kit there wont be a supastox carbon chassis (good mean's I wont be tempted by my carbon fetish lol)

going to hobbyshop today to see if they have arrived fingers crossed lol
JQ THE E CAR (on order)
futaba 3vcs
Old 27-04-2012

picking up mine to day from action model centre (AMC)
Old 27-04-2012
Mad Member

If thats the case you cant run either as the CE and Superstox have carbon fibre chassis (or versions there off).

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdunk View Post
as I read it no you cannot as it says gt12.2 must cost less than £100, contain no carbon parts or a diff

so as I understand it regardeless of the fact that it costs under £100 and comes with a diff and a carbon chassis it's not allowed in gt12.2 as it has a diff and carbon chassis

I am guessing that the supastox is allowed in both classes as it has an s1 chassis not carbon
also by looking at the rules unless they throw it into the kit there wont be a supastox carbon chassis (good mean's I wont be tempted by my carbon fetish lol)

going to hobbyshop today to see if they have arrived fingers crossed lol
Old 27-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
If thats the case you cant run either as the CE and Superstox have carbon fibre chassis (or versions there off).

Confused

READ THE RULES !!! The Superstox isn't carbon it's S1
Old 27-04-2012

Quote:
NO it has a carbon chassis and diff 12.1 only
Quote:

Confused
wrong schumacher is S1 NOT carbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
READ THE RULES !!! The Superstox isn't carbon it's S1
bloody good advice
Old 27-04-2012

The s1 is a carbon fibre composite I am affraid as the advert from Schumacher’s own website states. So the Mardave is also actually not full carbon fibre either with grp in the centre of the carbon sandwich.
Does this mean neither car is legal?

http://www.racing-cars.com/main.asp?sitepages=mi35
"The Mi3.5 also offers you more choice, from the awesomely specified Mi3.5 PRO with full carbon fibre and titanium, available in 5 or 6 cell versions or the more durable Mi3.5 RACE (6 cell) using Schumacher’s famous S1 carbon composite material."

I am just trying to get some clarity for my local club as we would like to run to the brca handbook rules. So any guidance would be appreciated.
Old 27-04-2012

One is sold as carbon fibre chassis, one is sold as s1

Example a manufactures carbon composite wishbones are not made of carbon fibre
Old 28-04-2012

Ah cool so the s1 wishbones are moulded composite. Is the stox chassis moulded composite also? If not then its not "s1" it would have to be one or the other as if the two are both sold as s1 but are both different in make up then how can they both be s1?.
S1 may well just be a Marketing name for carbon fibre?
If so then Mardave could call their chassis cegrp and it would then be legal as its not sold as carbon fibre? Or even another party could make chassis out of whatever they wish but call it something else and it then be legal?
Old 28-04-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

The S1 material is a long way from being carbon fibre.
Old 28-04-2012

For clarification:

Carbon Composite. this term is normally used far a thermoplastic with an amount of carbon fibers ( as in B4 carbon vs. plastic chassis)

S1 is Schumachers name for a black glassfiber polyresin composite " glassfiber"
the black color gives it s somewhat " carbonfiber look"

the term Carbon fiber is used for the carbonfiber polyresin composite ( that shiny woven stuff that we all like but is expensive)

Cruise