Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 09-06-2013

Default Short course at EOE

I think it is very unfair that the short course drivers are being treated as second rate racers, or at least that is what it feels like.

We pay the same as everybody to race..

The sct,s only get 10 mins practice....every other class gets 20mins
The sct,s in the 2 last meetings only get 1 final..compared to 3 for the others

Thats 40mins in total for the sct,s and 62mins for the rest

I expect I will here cry's of time taking to long, but it should be the same for all or not at all, fair for all
and as regards numbers are high..........how come when the brca 1/8 scale rallycross hold a national, they can manage 120+ drivers in a single day.

Last edited by Tony G; 09-06-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 09-06-2013

Default facts...

hi tony. just to clear a few points up, at the last round at colchester it was A finals ONLY that had 3leg finals. The sc is the support class and has been since day one, i did say that anytime that could be saved would be from shortening the sc finals. The 2&4wd are the main classes. The 1/8 rally x can look after 120 drivers as they race over 2days not 1. i hope this has cleared up your points?
Old 09-06-2013

Cleared up the points? not really, why do we pay the same as the rest as a support class for less time racing?
Old 09-06-2013

the idea tony was to have the SC class as a fun support class to make numbers up, the serious racing can be done at nationals. with numbers as they are i have said since day one that the regionals will take priority. The SC does not qualify for f grades and so therefore its always take a backseat when we need to save time. im.not really sure how much clearer i can make it. The 2&4 wd are the main classs, the SC is supposed to be a bit of fun support racing.
Old 09-06-2013

Practice times are set at 5mins per heat
4 x 2WD = 20mins
4 x 4WD = 20mins
2 x SC = 10mins

Except for Colchester where SC had 20mins.

Last edited by Benh; 10-06-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Originally typed "2 x 2WD = 10mins" was meant to be "2 x SC = 10mins"
Old 10-06-2013

Default answer

Buy a 2 or 4 wd to race and use the tonka toy as a bit of fun, that is the way it set up at the mo in our region. If the tonka toy numbers keep growing maybe have a separate tonka toy series next year.
Old 10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufty07 View Post
Buy a 2 or 4 wd to race and use the tonka toy as a bit of fun, that is the way it set up at the mo in our region. If the tonka toy numbers keep growing maybe have a separate tonka toy series next year.

Priceless quote I love it !!
KO Propo Espirit 4 stick radio

Dji Mavic Air2S
All round gadget freak !
Old 10-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Awesome as always Carl

Other way to look at it is, if buggy numbers keep growing, there won't be a need/time for a support class, after all it was only brought in when numbers in the region were low, look at yesterday 8 heats of buggies, a few years back we were lucky to get 8 buggies!

If yesterday we hadn't run SCTs, we could have gone home an hour early
Old 11-06-2013

Might just dust the 4wd off of the next round just to push you boys a bit further down the standings
Old 11-06-2013

I was glad there was only 1 final for SCT's. Any more and it would have been a very long day.
Old 11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
I think it is very unfair that the short course drivers are being treated as second rate racers, or at least that is what it feels like.

We pay the same as everybody to race..

The sct,s only get 10 mins practice....every other class gets 20mins
The sct,s in the 2 last meetings only get 1 final..compared to 3 for the others

Thats 40mins in total for the sct,s and 62mins for the rest

I expect I will here cry's of time taking to long, but it should be the same for all or not at all, fair for all
and as regards numbers are high..........how come when the brca 1/8 scale rallycross hold a national, they can manage 120+ drivers in a single day.

I have a plan but this will only come to light at the AGM as i cant be bothered with all the agro on this forum

Old 11-06-2013

Quote:
When i can find the results of the meetings i will see if the TONKA toys have ever been beaten (FTD) by the matchbox toy cars

Old 11-06-2013

Im pretty sure i did at some point last year danny. If not a couple of times. Done it plenty of times at club meetings.
Old 15-06-2013

Default mmm

Tonka toys are bound to be quicker....they keep cutting corners and rolling over pipes ....makes the track is shorter
Old 16-06-2013

I remember when it was just a bit of fun
What has changed?

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/b4sloth01/
Old 16-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I really don't see why it would make a difference if some of the scts are faster than a tenth buggy, I have no doubt that on some tracks the scts are quicker, a 4wd act is just about and 8th electric underneath, tonka toy may well be poking a bit of fun, but if you looked at the price of building a full competition sct you would soon see they are far from a toy!

But this said the regional meetings are a BRCA sanctioned event for 10th 2wd and 4wd buggys, these are the classes competing for F grades and places at the end of season etc, thus these 2 classes should hold preference over the acts, as the scts are a support class regardless of how much entry fee they pay etc

Now it's most likely that should the voting numbers attending the agm for the 2013 season have known the size of the entrys for this years regional championship maybe the decision would have been taken not to run a support class this year, maybe opting to run a separate championship for scts.

TBH what every way the region turn someone is going to get upset and moan,either that they are not getting the track time they deserve, the amount of finals they should have, or that the day is to long and they are getting home to late.

And finally I don't see the point of some of the posts on this thred that seem to have no other point than to stir the region up,

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117