Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Old 28-10-2015

Default Stock or Mod?

Hi all
I'm very keen on joining the SHRCCC fo 1/10 2WD racing - coming from 1/8 nitro and would like to experience a different class and driving style. In search of a decent buggy my top kit to buy atm is Yokomo YZ-2 which I'm gathering funds for.

With regards to the electrics I wish to ask what is the most popular to run - stock or mod - or do you run all 2wd in one class and let the yanks worry about the terminology?

I was looking at a orion 7.5t motor but not sure whats the norm out there.
Thanks for any help.
BNT
Old 28-10-2015

Hi BNT

We don't run a stock class - very much an American style thing, we just have all 2wd in together and you "pays your money, you takes your choice" as to what one.

7.5T is a good shout for our circuit if you're used to running RC cars, it might be worth just toning down it's maximum speed until you get used to a somewhat smaller track than 1/8th. Plus being on Astro does mean the grip levels are far higher than the dirt tracks you've probably raced on assuming it was 1/8th off road.

We race every Thursday and alternate Sundays are a race day too with alternate Tuesdays being a practice evening
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 28-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelk View Post
Hi BNT

We don't run a stock class - very much an American style thing, we just have all 2wd in together and you "pays your money, you takes your choice" as to what one.

7.5T is a good shout for our circuit if you're used to running RC cars, it might be worth just toning down it's maximum speed until you get used to a somewhat smaller track than 1/8th. Plus being on Astro does mean the grip levels are far higher than the dirt tracks you've probably raced on assuming it was 1/8th off road.

We race every Thursday and alternate Sundays are a race day too with alternate Tuesdays being a practice evening
Thanks for the reply.
Good advice. Will probably assemble the kit and pop down for advice on ESC and transmitter settings.