Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 21-12-2011

Default v12vrxce

I have bought on of these cars for my son, I fancy buying one for myself, as a change from racing 1:12 and wgt ( which i have never raced yet, but i have ), question is , is it really worth buying another kit and hop it up to the hilt or just race it out out of the box, also with or without a diff..and pointers pls, and sett up advise, cheers Paul
Old 21-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey4 View Post
I have bought on of these cars for my son, I fancy buying one for myself, as a change from racing 1:12 and wgt ( which i have never raced yet, but i have ), question is , is it really worth buying another kit and hop it up to the hilt or just race it out out of the box, also with or without a diff..and pointers pls, and sett up advise, cheers Paul

Hey Paul,

I ve raced a Daves for a while, in fact the same mardave has been going for about 5/6 years. my advice to you would be start off with a std kit out of the box then as things progress and hop it up as you....

Hope this Helps.
Old 21-12-2011

I was thinking that, but if i was building a new kit, i could have bought the alley, motor pod and diff, also carbon chassis..cheers
Old 21-12-2011

Quote:
I was thinking that, but if i was building a new kit, i could have bought the alley, motor pod and diff, also carbon chassis..cheers
it down to you how you want to play this, if you want a car to race now and grow with you as you go the just buy a std kit.
Old 23-12-2011

To be honest the car you got for your son is more than you'd need, the ally pod is not needed really, i just use a std motor heat sink that clips on. as for a diff i only use mine for certain track and its not a major need at all. the VRXCE come with all you would need and is competitive. i run one at my club with the following set up.
Pink medium or KSE soft rear tires.
Jap 46 of 48 front tires.
Rear medium springs.
Front hard springs.
G2 motor
MTronicks storm X ESC.
4 cell 4200mah.

I never come below 3rd at my club or most other places i race and i'm not that good of a driver so its a good kit
Old 23-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythewarrior View Post
To be honest the car you got for your son is more than you'd need, the ally pod is not needed really, i just use a std motor heat sink that clips on. as for a diff i only use mine for certain track and its not a major need at all. the VRXCE come with all you would need and is competitive. i run one at my club with the following set up.
Pink medium or KSE soft rear tires.
Jap 46 of 48 front tires.
Rear medium springs.
Front hard springs.
G2 motor
MTronicks storm X ESC.
4 cell 4200mah.

I never come below 3rd at my club or most other places i race and i'm not that good of a driver so its a good kit

thanks for this info, any chance of a photo or 2 of your car thanks Paul
Old 26-12-2011

Default carbon chassic, and alley motor pod

Hi all been thinking for the last few day in poss getting the new alley motor pod, with the carbon chassic, and then buying all the bits i need to build it from there, planning on 1s lipo, 13.5 BL, anybody run the new setup for tips, unsure of what size spur and gearing....

also contract wheels with a lotus shell or the ascari...

Cheers Paul
Old 26-12-2011

I ran the new contacts last week, definatly go for the 50 shore for the fronts. Mine grip rolled with the 47's
Old 26-12-2011

Okley you have made the right choice go with the new carbon chassis the rear alloy pod with ride height adjustment and a big yes to 1s lip 13.5 brushless as you will remain same speed at the start of a race and at the end as well G2 old hat mate and to be honest getting very rare with committed circuit racers also le an speed 6 body not ABS unless you are a Banger racer you will not see ABS run at champion meetings also go for the diff as well with 48dp not the 32 stuff all this will pay off big time mate old saying by cheap buy twice buy quality and it pays dividends go to whow my Dave section you will see a ascari body I have just done for Keith who owns Kamtec see what can be done hope this helps you mate big mardave section on www.rccircuitcars.com
Old 27-12-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Hi all been thinking for the last few day in poss getting the new alley motor pod, with the carbon chassic, and then buying all the bits i need to build it from there,
Ther maybe a full on official Mardave 'SuperDave' if you can wait.I asked on another forum and Chris replied

Quote:
Ok i will sort in January as a Superdave Kit
will all the new goodies
Merry Christmas All
Chris
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 27-12-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
, planning on 1s lipo, 13.5 BL, anybody run the new setup for tips, unsure of what size spur and gearing....
couple of posts with setup from the Tamworth National. You may need to drop a pinion from Barley Mow if that's were you race most.

http://oople.com/forums/showpost.php...6&postcount=33

http://oople.com/forums/showpost.php...5&postcount=29
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 27-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing View Post
Ther maybe a full on offical Mardave 'SuperDave' if you can wait.I asked on another forum and Chris replied

I might wait, on the other hand i have been adding all the bits and bobs together that i need instead of buy a standard kit and then buy the other bits on top...cheers