Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 27-04-2015

Default Works outing....'91

So, i bit the bullet, and decided it was time one of my old Yoke's saw a bit of action. I chose the '91 as its got a tcs, dropped an 8.5t brushless in and off we went to the 1st Welsh League meeting of the year. Best thing about racing in Wales, all the tracks are on grass.
Considering i'd done no prep and hadn't tested the car i was a bit nervous, but no need, it ran faultlessly all day. I improved my time in every run, qualified 1st in C final(21st of 30) and apart from the 1st corner led all the way winning by 1 lap and improving my best time again... not bad for a 25yr old buggy.
I need to do a bit of work to her, I didn't run a rear anti roll bar which it needed, back diff wasn't quite right and the shocks need a bit of tweaking.....might even make the B next time.
Only one downside...face ache this morning from the constant smiling all day Anyway, here she is after her adventures

works 91.jpg

works 91 topless.jpg
Old 27-04-2015

and she looked lovely going around the track too, if it wasnt for that diff failing and having to be locked up you would have been much quicker
Old 01-05-2015
Awesome Admin

I really need to get my 92 finished and take it out for a spin it's been sat in a box in the garage for too long.

What gearing are you running? Wouldn't like to destroy my new diffs lol
Old 01-05-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

One day i will have to come back down with my Lazer, maybe Dave might be up for doing a vintage as well.

Your cars capable of making the A, get a good setup, me I liked on my 93/4 yz10 40 front 35 rear with copper springs all round using kit shocks and kit pistons and a ten double and was rapid, especially at Swansea.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 02-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
I really need to get my 92 finished and take it out for a spin it's been sat in a box in the garage for too long.

What gearing are you running? Wouldn't like to destroy my new diffs lol
Best decision i've made running the 91, get the 92 out of the garage and get it on the track you wont regret it

I was running 22/86 with an 8.5t motor and with a tcs on the car. It was a small track, tight and twisty, gearing was perfect. Will be going up on the pinion for its next outing.
Old 02-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
One day i will have to come back down with my Lazer, maybe Dave might be up for doing a vintage as well.

Your cars capable of making the A, get a good setup, me I liked on my 93/4 yz10 40 front 35 rear with copper springs all round using kit shocks and kit pistons and a ten double and was rapid, especially at Swansea.
Car might be capable, but not so convinced about my ageing thumbs and eyes!!

I've got a set of copper springs on a LWB '94 YZ10 I found in Germany last year, might try those on kit shocks, i'll let you know how I get on.

Biggest problem seems to be weight or lack of it, there's nothing to the car fully laden. Inside on carpet this wouldn't be a problem, but outside especially when the track started to cut up it was noticeable. I'm going to have to get some additional weights added around the chassis.
Old 02-05-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy View Post
Car might be capable, but not so convinced about my ageing thumbs and eyes!!

I've got a set of copper springs on a LWB '94 YZ10 I found in Germany last year, might try those on kit shocks, i'll let you know how I get on.

Biggest problem seems to be weight or lack of it, there's nothing to the car fully laden. Inside on carpet this wouldn't be a problem, but outside especially when the track started to cut up it was noticeable. I'm going to have to get some additional weights added around the chassis.
Ageing, hehe well im still using mine and considering i do five races a year and zero club have proved vintage can make the A finals. I also found zeppin racing 15g brass cell hole weights did the trick. That brought the weight up enough to make the car feel like sces were in the car. Also you can find brass batt holders as well.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Last edited by Welshy40; 02-05-2015 at 09:59 PM.