Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 11-03-2009

Exclamation Indoor Series 08/09 (Rnd 5)

Hi Folks,

Can anyone give me a valid reason why my previous post was removed??

It seem to me that this is not a public forum. If what is posted does not fall into a certain groups views it shouldn't be posted.

What I immitially posted was my opinion therefore should stand. I've had no email as to why it has been removed.

** I want free speech!! **
Old 11-03-2009

F**K YER

sounds like ya liven back in the good old U.S and A. pack

il give this out burst 10mins
Old 11-03-2009
Mad Member

I think it was deleted cos there were too many big words in it. I think Admin thought somebody had hacked your account as you arent capable of such words.
Calm yourself down. No wonders nobody likes us!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
I think it was deleted cos there were too many big words in it. I think Admin thought somebody had hacked your account as you arent capable of such words.

now he has internet he has gone mad..........must be an indoor thing as he is always so chilled out at outdoor events......if you get what I mean,
Old 11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
now he has internet he has gone mad..........must be an indoor thing as he is always so chilled out at outdoor events......if you get what I mean,

haha aye the smell is a give away when ur indoor
Old 11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post

aye packster calm yourself down or ill get peter to hide his cadburys fingers this year!!!
Old 11-03-2009

Whilst I agreed with the basic content of your post calling anyone an idiot on a public forum is not called for and may be why the powers that be deleted it.

I would also suggest you give some thought to how said person was feeling when he made said, perhaps ill advised, speech. I.e. pretty pissed of that so many people who had pre-booked could not be arsed to either turn up or cancel their entry. Taking it out on those who had turned up wasn't perhaps fair, but sometimes anger is something that can be hard to control.

How people can book in and then not be arsed to turn up is an issue we should be posting about
Old 12-03-2009
Lee-Mag

I liked it, i liked the bits in red and black bold best.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 12-03-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medders View Post
Whilst I agreed with the basic content of your post calling anyone an idiot on a public forum is not called for and may be why the powers that be deleted it.

I would also suggest you give some thought to how said person was feeling when he made said, perhaps ill advised, speech. I.e. pretty pissed of that so many people who had pre-booked could not be arsed to either turn up or cancel their entry. Taking it out on those who had turned up wasn't perhaps fair, but sometimes anger is something that can be hard to control.

How people can book in and then not be arsed to turn up is an issue we should be posting about
Agreed, however most people book in for all rounds at the start of the season and then usually forget to cancel when they can't turn up. As long as the event wasn't fully booked then there is normally no problem.

If everybody who was not attending had cancelled their entries prior to sunday would the event have been cancelled...?

Im guessing not and for that reason I was very disappointed with the comments at sundays drivers briefing.
Old 12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
Agreed, however most people book in for all rounds at the start of the season and then usually forget to cancel when they can't turn up. As long as the event wasn't fully booked then there is normally no problem.

If everybody who was not attending had cancelled their entries prior to sunday would the event have been cancelled...?

Im guessing not and for that reason I was very disappointed with the comments at sundays drivers briefing.

Another case of the poeple who turned up taken the back lash mate,
wont be the first and not the last tiime mate
pay up first for the meeting then the club loses nothing.

Dont pay dont go Simplees
Old 12-03-2009

I think at jarrow and teeside rounds of the indoor series, I had to take 20 plus drivers out of the heats, it happens every round and always will.

A solution might be to get rid of the online booking in and everyone just needs to fill there details in so that there in the database, only problem with that is nobody then knows how many will be there.

Other choice is just accept that a percentage won't turn up,

I'll admit I never came down to Batley, but family will always come first as most will agree.

Peter
Old 12-03-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Hi Folks,

Can anyone give me a valid reason why my previous post was removed??

It seem to me that this is not a public forum. If what is posted does not fall into a certain groups views it shouldn't be posted.

What I immitially posted was my opinion therefore should stand. I've had no email as to why it has been removed.

** I want free speech!! **
I think your post was over the top - but that alone wouldn't have bothered me so much. Targeting an individual and calling them names was a step beyond though.

There wasn't even an argument or anything - you just posted a thread to attack someone.. Take it up with them personally or post your thoughts in a more constructive and productive manner.
I've no real idea what went on - perhaps I'd have agreed with you - but it's hard to look past the name calling and that's why it was 'moved' to the moderator section.
Old 12-03-2009

How people can book in and then not be arsed to turn up is an issue we should be posting about[/quote]

What about.. If you're booked in to regional and dont turn up without informing the club before a certain deadline then you still have to pay before you will be allowed to book in for another regional event!

Just my thoughts so that clubs dont end up out of pocket trying to give us somewhere good to race.
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 12-03-2009

Exactly everyone who books in and doesn't turn up should'nt be allowed to race the following round until they cough up unless there is a genuine reason for them not attending.

This happens all the time especially for the final round because people have done enough and think "I'll just not go" need to realise what harm this does to clubs.

So what should be going on is if you miss the final round of the indoor and turn up to race the first round of the outdoor should pay the money they owe.

The only thing is every club needs money so no one will ever turn away a racer unless every club in the series agrees to some sort of penalty clause.

This person's comments were directed at the wrong people and should have been posted rather than let loose on the people that turned up. I that it was harsh to be honest considering I made the effort.

In the end everyone should make an effort to turn up to each others meetings irrelavent of distance otherwise what's the point in running a series at all.
Old 13-03-2009
Mad Member

Maybe a points penalty should be issued if someone doesn't turn up who's booked in. After all unless its something serious then theres no reason why the entry cant be cancelled.
Old 13-03-2009

It's all good giving these ideas, but if no-one is willing to do all the extra work then it's not going to happen, I know what it's like to run a regional and I don't think any of those people who do will want the extra work. Same as trying to organise ref's etc, nobody is willing to give up there time to do it.

Peter
Old 13-03-2009
Mad Member

Maybe Northy needs an apprentice.... Or a hand etc... It would be good if 1 member from every NE club was like a region liason officer and could take some of the load off graham. That way up to date and regular info would get relayed to all club members and not just the oople regulars... Plus graham could concentrate on the more important issues etc....
Old 13-03-2009

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

I wasn't present at Batley, so I can't comment on what was said or inferred. (I didn't enter the meeting, before anyone asks)

I agree to some extent on the booking in and not turning up issue. But, we'd have to be careful that any rule that is 'thought up', doesn't 'scare' people off from entering in the first place.

Two methods that work well are from the 1/8th and 1/10th National series, they are slightly different, but offer the same principle.

1/10th:
Enter for the series before a certain date. Deposit up front with a post-dated cheque for the balanc to be taken out at sometime later.
Refunded entries for non-shows only if you inform the organisers 2 weeks before the event.

This works well for a well attended series as places are usually in much shorter supply than demand.

1/8th:
Pay a deposit of £50 (via a post-dated cheque) which is refundable (torn-up)on completion of the rounds you enter. Basically if you don't turn up for meetings, they keep your deposit.

Obviously the £50 is way too steep for regionals. But a figure could be arrived at that is both reasonable and 'not worth loosing' if you get my drift.

Or another thought I had.
Artificially raise the entry fee to each event. By say £2. Everyone who books in online or in-advance pays the extra £2 event (booking fee) and then when you book-in on the day you get the extra £2 back. Drivers who only enter on the day pay the full amount including the £2 extra.

This way you book-in early and guarantee your spot to get 'Cheaper' racing or you turn up and take the risk and pay a bit more. Kinda like booking your ticket for a gig on-line.

These are only my thoughts.

Please pick holes in them, maybe we can find a 'solution' to the problem.