Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 02-02-2012

Default just ordered my V3 for the mid feb release

hey i am new to the racing seen although not a newbie i have just recently gotten into racing and since i am getting the v3 i am wondering what a good set up be i am leaning towards revtec 17.5 and the tekin rs with a savox SC-1258TG i am open to any suggestions I'm looking to race the stock class but i have been told not to many tracks run 4wd buggy 17.5 but maybe I'm wrong so i am just trying to get a good set up please let me know what a good set up would be for just getting into racing and and still have enough power for when i get more comfortable racing and whats the class i would want to get into if there isn't a 17.5 i race indoor carpet and have a couple 10th scales for running in my track in my back yard any input would be appreciated
Old 02-02-2012
Mad Member

Buggy meetings are usually open to what motor you run so you can run any motor wind you want. I know stock racing is big in the states in buggy racing but it has never been massive over here.

I personally say that 17.5 would be way to slow in a Durango, I would say a good starting point would be more like a 10.5, which wouldn't be too hot to drive but enough to get over jumps . Plus a Speedo you can advance timing you can start with it slow and then turn up the wick when you feel more confident.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 02-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

a 10.5 is quite slow in a 4wd buggy. a 17.5 would be would snooze worthy.
Old 02-02-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Get something like a 10.5/8.5 to start with, it will be more than enough outside and inside racing. Have to agree a 17.5 would be very slow in a buggy like the durango outside!
Old 02-02-2012

Default still need some info

i have been doing some research on classes that run in my area and I'm have trouble finding a 17.5 class for buggy i am already running 10.5 in my stadium truck and and some 10.5 set ups in my mini8 and rc18b2 and rc18t so now i am leaning towards a 10.5 to 8 turn and i am wondering what would be a good choice of motor brand an turn rating also an esc that would work good with those turn motors i am still leaning towards the rs and i know the rs is good to a 5.5 turn so what would be the best combo
Old 02-02-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Bear in mind that Mr Menace is the good ol' U.S. of A, so normal rules need not apply.

V3menace - it makes life so much easier if you fill in all the blanks!

Last edited by Col; 03-02-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-02-2012

Default going with a lower turn motor

I've been online and on the phone all day looking for tracks near me and what their classes are and i found out that i will have to go with a lower turn motor i have some 10.5 that I'm real comfortable with should i go with the 10.5 or a lower turn like a 6.5 to 8.5
so what would be the best set up for those turn motors and esc now since i am looking at different motors and esc open for all inputs