Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 30-01-2009

Default Outdoor track

If anyone is interested in running 1/10th outdoors on a full astro track, we'll be doing some work at the track on sunday, will probably take quite a few days work to sort it properly, but the opportunity is there.

If you want further details pm me on here.

Peter
Old 30-01-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_brick View Post
If anyone is interested in running 1/10th outdoors on a full astro track, we'll be doing some work at the track on sunday, will probably take quite a few days work to sort it properly, but the opportunity is there.

If you want further details pm me on here.

Peter
Is this Spennymoor or closer to Jarrow?
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 30-01-2009

Spennymoor, have offered to change the track to make it more accomodating to 1/10th, but people need to make the effort and not expect someone else to do it for them.
Old 30-01-2009
Mad Member

I will race there when its all done. Get your skates on and get it finished.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 30-01-2009

as i've said make the effort with the track work and it'll happen. Otherwise it's your loss, the opportunity is there take it or leave it. If everyone expects someone else to do it. It won't happen.
Old 30-01-2009

have you got a link to the location on google maps ?
What's the track designed for at the moment ?
What club does it belong to at the mo ?
I fancy getting our off road cars off road !
I might be allowed to pop out but it is 35 mins drive one way but that doesn't bother me it's the wife !
Does this club have a website ? With picks of track ?
Sorry for all the questions !
Old 30-01-2009

Try

http://northernrc.com/index.php?act=idx

Directions are in the links

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Last edited by Dalla; 30-01-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: deleted norcraceway
Old 30-01-2009

The norcraceway one has nothing to do with it any more, you need the bottom one. www.northernrc.com is the one you need to use. Originally was built for 1/8th scale use but we're hoping through providing input from drivers as to what is needed to make it usable and hands on help we can make it suitable for 1/10th and 1/8th.
Old 30-01-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayxwalker View Post
have you got a link to the location on google maps ?
see the venue here

nearest postcode is DL14 8AW
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 30-01-2009

The track looks good ! It's just the joins in the astrotruff need flatten out.
Old 30-01-2009
Super Moderator

If you need any advice, just let me know. I sort of know a thing or two Anything for the good of the region.

G
Old 31-01-2009

Not sure I can make it as the wife is still ill and cannot look after my son but if she's better by tomorrow I might be able to help. My dads got a very heavy iron bar with a big heavy round disc welded on the bottom that he uses for stamping rubble into the ground before laying concrete for foundations. This will be perfect for flattening out edges and bumps !
Old 31-01-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayxwalker View Post
My dads got a very heavy iron bar with a big heavy round disc welded on the bottom that he uses for stamping rubble into the ground before laying concrete for foundations. This will be perfect for flattening out edges and bumps !
Remind me not to get my extension done by your dad!!
Old 31-01-2009

Foundations of driveways etc not houses !
Old 31-01-2009

As the astro track at NRX stands at the minute 10th cars can run on it but its a bit bumpy compared to most 10th tracks which is the main problem with it but this is easily sorted by smoothing the ground and relaying the astroturf over it. I know running 10th on there has been mentioned in the past but not many people seemed interested to be honest which i couldnt understand.
The track ran a Truggy National last year and is a good facility. The place was previously run by someone as a dictatorship and the place went downhill with dwindling numbers and a few annoyed members. But late last year a few of the members took over the running of the track and with new enthusiasm the place will move on now at a good pace. The track design has now been changed to take out the majority of the 90 degree corners and it drives really well but now just wants the track markings sorting properly, astro relaying and smoothing out and a good tidy up. I would of thought by the beggining of the spring the track should be bang on.
Where does 10th electric come in ? If the demand is there the track changes and refinements that are being done now will be done with running the 10th buggies in mind. The astro can be cut with no overlapping and the surface made as smooth as possible and there can be a cut put in the track to shorten the lap as at the moment its probably a bit too big for electrics. The place is there, built and willing to run 10th buggies. I cant see their being another permanent outdoor track catering for 10th cars anywhere north of the midlands opening any time soon so its an excellent oppurtunity. I know i would love to run my cat on a big outdoor track ! To show interest in running 10th cars there i dont think its fair to expect some electric lads to turn up at the track in numbers ready with shovels to get building (although it would be a help) But why not show interest and support by joining the club as a member ? The revenue coming from memberships will help with materials and it will show the willing is there. Membership is only cheap (seem to think its £11pa but need to check) and it means you have free use of the track 24/7 for practise etc as well as reduced race fees. There are about 6 or 7 members who have electric buggies as well as 8th scale stuff so it wont take a lot to get a couple of heats of "quiet" cars on club race days.
If anyone has any Q's i should be able to answer them...........
Jimmi...........
WWW.JAMESPRICEMOTORCYCLES.CO.UK
Old 01-02-2009
Mad Member

Jimmi id be more than happy to join and race there and even help out with the track, however i had heard a whisper that it was costing a tenner for a days racing and i think this would scare people away, especially in this current credit crunch climate...

Why dont you fetch some forms down to jarrow next week and sign up some members...
Old 01-02-2009

If the tenna bit is true that's a bit steep !
Old 01-02-2009
Mad Member

Ive heard a whisper that if you race more than 1 class then you still pay a tenner.
Sounds really good to me with whats happening there for 1/10th and with the chance that the North-East can have a real astro track for Regionals although its still a bit far for me to travel for a club meeting.
Will it have the correct facilities to hold a Weekend Regional there??
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 01-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
Jimmi id be more than happy to join and race there and even help out with the track, however i had heard a whisper that it was costing a tenner for a days racing and i think this would scare people away, especially in this current credit crunch climate...

Why dont you fetch some forms down to jarrow next week and sign up some members...
Racing for non members is infact a tenner, members its either 7 or 8 pounds but again i need to check to be 100% sure. I know its more than the £4 a club night at jarrow costs but in the grand scale of things the extra couple of quid is neither here or there in my opinion. At the end of the day we have hundreds or thousands of pounds worth of gear so an extra 3 or 4 quid for a full race day doesnt make a lot of difference. There will be plenty of racing being done on a day as to make the runtime fair against the 8th scale drivers there is no reason why there shouldnt be 3 leg finals for the 10th buggies.
About twenty of us have been up there all day today working on the track, the astro has been lifted and cut so all the joints are flat with no bumpy overlaps and the ground has been smoothed out underneath so the sections we worked on are now 10th ready. I would guess another 2 or 3 work days will see the same done to the rest of the track which will make the track as smooth as any of road track can be. I think Glenn took some pictures when he was up today so im sure he can post them when he gets a minute. Im looking forward to it all being finished, pity ill be away at the nationals for most of the summer so wont get to race there much !!
Jimmi.........
Old 01-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Ive heard a whisper that if you race more than 1 class then you still pay a tenner.
Sounds really good to me with whats happening there for 1/10th and with the chance that the North-East can have a real astro track for Regionals although its still a bit far for me to travel for a club meeting.
Will it have the correct facilities to hold a Weekend Regional there??
Yeah chris more than one class and you still only pay one fee,looking at it that way and it makes even more sense if you run 2wd & 4wd in a day.
Facility wise there is plenty room for camping and for big meetings or bigger club meetings we can have portaloos there which should take care of that.
Which part of newcastle do you live in ? Track is only 5 mins from the durham services turn off on the A1, should only be a 30 min journey for you.
Glenn didnt get any pictures today as it was too cold for him and to be fair there wasnt even any cars running round but here is a link to a picture of a Losi 8ight 2.0 going over the middle triple jump.
http://northernrc.com/index.php?show...=0&#entry12719
Ill keep updating this thread with pictures as often as i can to keep you informed of the progress.
Jimmi................