Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 08-05-2014

Default WRCA Round 1 weather announcement

WRCA Round 1 slight change of plans:

We’ve had to make the decision that due to the weather for the upcoming first round of the WRCA championships that we will be running indoors at the hall at Caldicot.
\
The terrible weather on the way to us for the weekend means we can’t get out there to cut the grass let alone put out a track. Also with a grass track if it’s wet we also have to take into consideration potential slip hazards for marshals and more importantly any possible damage that the wet can cause to all of our toy cars. We’d hate to see people going home early on Sunday with blown speedos and such like.

The committee is pretty gutted to be honest as we were all excited about getting outside on the grass for the first time this year but once again the great British weather has thwarted our plans. Let’s just hope this is a one off!
We will do our best to put down the best off road indoor track we can with plenty of polish and features so we can have a great days racing regardless!
Few things that I’d like to mention again, on Sunday morning please please can you not turn up before 9:30am. There is ample pitting space at the hall so please with respect for our neighbours allow them a small lie-in before we all show up and make a noise. Open practise doesn’t start till 9:30 and we will not allow anyone on the track until then. When you do arrive please park in the main car park not on the driveway near the main doors and most importantly not on the road (neighbours again).

Also don’t forget your BRCA memberships cards to show on the day.

Think that’s all for now, as always if you have any questions give me a call on [07970 one 03852],drop me an email or PM and I’ll do my best to answer any questions you have.

Cheers

Mike Baldwin

Chairman

Caldicot RC Racers

Team Associated B6.1

Kyosho RZ7

Kyosho ZX7

All kept going by PBM Racing