Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 23-02-2016

Default Spring Series

I think this may have started this week but not sure !!!

Anyway disappointingly quiet week – from 4 heats 2 weeks ago to 2 heats this week with a lot of regulars missing and none of the new guys racing, Steve, Zak, Jonathan, Mike etc – where are you all?

At least both heats we ran were busy with the usual close racing and good grip which is the norm since the floor was re-varnished. A mix or tyre choices between drivers all giving pretty much the same performance.

Hopefully more there next week with some of the new and missing regulars back – Trev, Scowen, Fitzy, Richies, Chappels?…………..
Old 28-02-2016

Sorry I've not been able to make it for a few weeks now

After I got back from a week of skiing I've had to work the last two Monday nights. Hopefully I can make it next week though, although I'm in need of a new set of tyres! Can they be bought at the track?

Cheers, Jonathan
Old 29-02-2016

Gary usually has some tyres with him Jonathan. Or give him a ring at Phills to make sure he does.
Old 02-03-2016

A decent turn out this week with 2 busy TC heats and one buggy with the buggy lads running a jump again and Clarky even talking of coming back to TC.

Unfortunately due to a couple of the buggy lads having to leave early and one killing their car, Chris was forced to join in the TC finals with his buggy – which while there’s very little in overall lap time, makes for some “interesting” comparisons when TC’s and Buggies are running close J

Still no signs of Jonathan, Mike & Cookie getting back tho we did have a visit from Screamer making noises about a return – hopefully J

Usual 6 rounds with loads of grip even on completely bald tyres again making things very close, the overall win being decided on Pole as 1st & 2nd in one final were reversed in the next.

Hope to see you all back next week and a few others who’ve been missing
Old 09-03-2016

It was good to see so many there for 7 last night to help out withy setup – seems some of you might read the emails after all – on the downside, when I got there at 2 minutes to, there was nowhere left to park J!!
And a welcome to the emails to Chris – not sure how you’ve managed to stay off the list for so long but now you’re on you can suffer like everyone else.

A little quiet last night, particularly buggies with ALL the Richies still missing – what's up lads and all of the shift lads seeming to coincide with their weeks at workL

Still some close racing in the TC’s and some good driving from the buggies tho not as close with low numbers.

An odd night for me, making a few mistakes of my own and having to drive 1 round of Q with a missing king pin and a final with no rear spoiler which made for interesting high speed cornering. Also one of those nights where every tiny little bit of contact you’d normally get away with resulted in someone going off. Apologies to those of you caught up in any of my crashes or who came off worse from what should have been harmless taps – if it’s any consolation, it was working both ways!!!

Not sure on the overall result last night but I’m sure Hindson will have them on the website already as I think he won – thanks to another mistake by me that I would normally have gotten away with, resulting in him making very minor contact that I’d normally have gotten away with too. Unforthinately the result was me parked in the barrier and Poshboy taking the win L*

All good fun tho.

Hope to see some of the still missing new lads back soon.

Also just a quick note – if you stop your car deliberately on track for whatever reason, adjusting trim, scratching your ear, picking your nose, etc – please remember to do it in a safe place off the racing line – same for marshals repairing cars on track – please take the car to somewhere out of the firing line as the last thing we want is a marshal repairing a car being hit and hurt.

Cheers for another good nights racing – see you all there next week.
Old 22-03-2016

Default Spring Series and Easter Monday

just a reminder we don’t race bank Holidays so no racing Easter Monday

A little quiet again last night with a lot of regulars still missing but as ever some cracking racing and the usual good grip levels. One TC and one buggy heat and finals – so the usual 6 races for everyone.

My thumbs under-performed all night, which was a shame as the car was very quick, but still managed a 1st & 2nd in the 2 leg finals however Hindson took the overall TC win with Pole.

Series Leader is Gary at the moment with a few rounds still to race and points to be dropped by people in the next few weeks so it’ll be interesting at the end.

See you all in 2 weeks