Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 15-03-2008
Lee-Mag

Is it possible to have a news letter for the NE region so people can find out what goes on behind closed doors, i know some people like to be in the know and not let on to others what is happening but it would be nice as an outsider to see what the clubs in the regions aims are and how they are going about achieving the goals.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 15-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Is it possible to have a news letter for the NE region so people can find out what goes on behind closed doors, i know some people like to be in the know and not let on to others what is happening but it would be nice as an outsider to see what the clubs in the regions aims are and how they are going about achieving the goals.
I don't think a news letter which includes what goes on behind closed doors is a good idea, as it invites that those who think they know better to voice there opinion which is unhealthy in that it demotivates people who we need like Graham, and then we've gone backwards.

We just need to trust that things are done for a reason, and G is good enough to explain that if asked. Sometimes things may look like they could be better, but then there are always reasons and decisions made based on compromise and logic.

Any more than 5 rounds per season and then people are forced to choose between regional vs worksop, or regional vs worksop vs wife..

4 clubs in a region is less than before, but believe me - NW is of more concern, we only have Bury and Southport and we once had Chorley, Leigh, Oldham, Burnley, Bolton, Bury, Southport, Ellesmere Port, South Lakes and Rochdale, and we was able to race Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday every week... so in having less rounds of regional gives the existing clubs in the NE chance to keep attendance levels high otherwise more will go.
Old 15-03-2008
Super Moderator

There are 5 clubs

Jarrow
NERCR
Teesside
York
Batley

It would be nice to see the clubs holding big 'one off' meetings during the summer, like an outdoor supercup for example. If these could be held where the public can see them then we can all promote the sport and try and get some young blood in. I'm allready working on one such meeting.

If you have just read the above and thought 'oh, that sounds cool', don't leave it up to the same old faces at your local club to do something about it. Next time your there, offer your help to arrange something. Even if it's just helping to set the track up the day before.

As it says in the circuit chatter (which I'll assume you've all read) from our PRO, it is up to us all to promote the sport.

So lets work together, get some good meetings going this year, and have fun.
Old 15-03-2008

No worries G

Just dont want people to think Im having a go at anyone for not doing enough, that wasnt my intention .

Just wanted to discuss with the racers the current trends

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 15-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Since this seems to have turned into a northern england based thread I am an outsider but have to ask this question....

Do you mean to say that there are ACTUALLY clubs running CLUB meetings regularly for 1/10th off-road in your part of the world?????????????

If so that is great for you guys .... nothing at all I know of around here (by that I mean within an hour, no two hours drive!!!)
Old 15-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Since this seems to have turned into a northern england based thread I am an outsider but have to ask this question....

Do you mean to say that there are ACTUALLY clubs running CLUB meetings regularly for 1/10th off-road in your part of the world?????????????

If so that is great for you guys .... nothing at all I know of around here (by that I mean within an hour, no two hours drive!!!)

In the east of England norfolk buggy club run every other week all year round, outdoors (weather permiting). Then on the weelends we are not racing there are other clubs not to far away holding meetings (Lawford........To keep John M happy among others)

Thats the other thing, to keep kids into it you have to keep racing, if you start holding one meeting a month and not racing if it's a bit damp they soon lose interest, they want to drive rain wind or errrr even snow!! you must keep going or they stop comming.

On the subject of big meetings in the summer......Bring back the british GP, great meeting and every body pitting in one big tent great days.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 16-03-2008
Super Moderator

Quote:
YES!

Hopefully the lack of regionals (well we still have 8 races, but just on 5 weekends) will encourage more club meetings and one off events too

I think Diane at Batley is hoping to run a club championship actually ON national dates, so a real club driver can win it, not an F1 superstar!

G
Old 16-03-2008

It seems even more bleak further north in my current neck of the woods (glasow) there is a total of 4 know clubs between here and edinburgh. one runs nitro tc's theres my local Csor which is geared towards 1/8 buggies n truggies, they do allow 1/10 buggies too but not deemed as champoinship worthy! theres also a clud in east kilbride who are striving to get buggies running on their indoor track which im ganna take an active role in and one for tc's indoor over in edinburgh! i used to be in north east region so you can imagine the withdrawl of propper racing!
Old 16-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

unfortunatly it has alway been a little bleek in the far North........

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 16-03-2008

Quote:
Jarrow run buggies on a Tuesday night every week, although we could do with some more support for it,

At present we're also working with NERCR towards getting a permanent outdoor track.

Peter

Last edited by turbo_brick; 16-03-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: my spelling gets worse
Old 17-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Been talking to the Ledbury lads and they say that when their track is ready we'll have a 1/10th CLUB ... doing club racing in the West Mids area ...... yippy ..... been at least 10 years since I have seen that sort of thing!!!!!
Old 17-03-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

Quote:

Try living in northern ireland, the closest offroad track is a 2hr drive from me and thats a 1/8th rallycross track, the nearest 1/10th track is a good 2 1/2 ~ 3hrs away. I've tried drumming up interest but dispite there being 15 regular racers running buggys at my local club (indoors, polished wood, wooden ramps) none of them are interested in actually running outside off-road.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 17-03-2008

Default York Club

New to the sport but I want to get into racing so I drove to the nearest club to me in Knaresbourough.
York RC club runs regular race meets every other saturday 6.00 check in race till 11.00 in a school sports hall, they made me feel very welcome when I popped in to check it out, I joined on the spot, its indoor electric 1/10 buggy racing, guessing there was 30 to 40 people there, nice computersised lap counting etc ( this may be the norm but i was impressed ) got lots of advise on setting up my new car and was even given a few spares I was short of on my new car,

http://www.yorcc.org.uk/
Old 17-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sort of glad to know that I'm not the worst off .... sort of thinking about moving north too .... lol

Is it my imagination or didn't there used to be a clubmans championship where people raced for the honour of their club? Might be getting mixed up with the regions at the EOY finals ......
Old 17-03-2008
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

zedman york is on every week when schools are on check there calendar will see u there when u got ur pred sorted
Old 17-03-2008
Mad Member

I am realy Luky to be within 15 mins and 45 mins drive away from three of the best tracks in the country Bury Metro Southport and Batley, how good is that.
Old 17-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Is it my imagination or didn't there used to be a clubmans championship where people raced for the honour of their club? Might be getting mixed up with the regions at the EOY finals ......
No, you are right. There was the clubmans, open to none-F1's (perhaps not F2's or Ex-F1's too) made of teams of 5 or 10 - can't remember that part, it may have been teams of 10 but only the top 5 scored points. The best club of the region went on to race a clubmans finals where the best of each region raced. I remember once being part of the winning team (Leigh) and going to the final at a permanent track on the grounds of a golfcourse near Rugby - then that may have been the last year.

We have the Inter-Club in the NE, although this is a race of teams from each club, it is very different to what the clubmans was.

There was also something similar called the Top models championship I think.

Chris
Old 17-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Glad I'm not going mad in my old age!

I think it's such a shame that I know so many people who race that don't belong to a club at all.
Old 17-03-2008

Default Clubmans challange

I have been racing since about 1986 when I got tamiya super sabre for christmas and the local model shop had arranged for anyone who got a car for christmas a race meeting with some prizes for the winners and during the break they had some of their Top drivers domenstrating there skills including a young William Mitchum and that is where I started from and was hooked

I also did several clubmans finals including the time when it was run to Standard motor rules which I think was at a track next to the river at a hotel I think and also remember one at Worksop.

The meetings were open to F3 and F4 drivers only and the teams had 10 drivers plus manager and you raced everyone in mixed races with one driver from each team with one team from each region.

Thats enough driving down memory lane and lets hope things get better as they seem to be in the East
Old 17-03-2008

Quote:
Been talking to the Ledbury lads and they say that when their track is ready we'll have a 1/10th CLUB ... doing club racing in the West Mids area ...... yippy ..... been at least 10 years since I have seen that sort of thing!!!!!
Ledburys not to much of a trek for me, what sort of track will it be?

ta