Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Crewkerne Radio Car Club

Old 22-04-2014

Default Track Info

Evening all,

Just a quick post to let you all know about the track area's we have available to us.

Our first track is at the Wadham Sports center - Wadham School Yeovil Rd, Crewkerne, Somerset, TA18 7NT
This is our (smaller) astro track and will be used for smaller club events. We will have use of the sports center facilities - toilets, canteen (bring your own coffee, tea and milk!) There is no electric at track side as this is situated at the top of the sports field.

The second track that we have just had confirmed is at Haselbury Mill - Mill House, Haselbury Plucknett, Crewkerne, Somerset TA18 7NY

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir//5...!1m0!1m0?hl=en

This is going to be our larger track area and will be a grass track surface.
There will be a large area around the track, parking, catering, hotel and camping options for those that want or have to travel, toilets etc... There is no electric at track side, so we are looking into getting a generator for when we hold races at this venue.

The indoor track will also be held at the Haselbury Mill site, in the Tythe barn. This is a 40x90ft barn with a stage at one end that we will be using for a rostrum.
There is electric here, toilets and all the same facilities as the grass track.

When we are holding outdoor events, please could everyone bring a power supply or enough batteries to cover them self for a days racing. As soon as we have the generator sorted, we will update you all with the progress.

If anyone needs any more information, please get in touch and we will be more than happy to help out if we can.
Old 12-08-2014

Any news / updates to this club?
Old 16-08-2014

Hi mate,

We have had a bit of an issue with the team and with little or no help to get everything set up and packed away, I am struggling to hold any meetings at the moment.

We still have use of the field, but at the moment I'm struggling to get the time to get everything up together.

The FB page will have updates as well as this forum, so keep your eyes peeled and I'll post up some revised dates as soon as I can.

If anyone would like to help out with the club, we are looking for people that are willing to put in the time and effort needed to make it a success.
Message me on here or on the FB page for more info.

Thanks to all for the continued support