Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 22-04-2014

Default X6 s in the wet

Has anyone tried it in the wet yet? And if anyone had a setup that worked?
Old 22-04-2014
oOple Advertiser

At present we have been fortunate enough to have stayed dry (or indoors) when running the X6-S, even Kidderminster was dry, which is most unusual...

Most of the team will continue to run the X6 Cubed in the damp or less grippy conditions, but maybe some customers have run in the wet already and if so please post away your starting set up's if you have any......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 22-04-2014

James Wilkinson could be the man to ask, he ran his the other week outdoors at Bury on a wet astro track.
Old 23-04-2014

Chris Cherry's looked good at South Lakes on wet grass.
Old 23-04-2014

Yes I ran in the wet at Bury. I stuck with the geared diff until the 3rd round then went on to the ball diff. This transformed the car and my fastest laps were up there with the top guys. I found it drove surprisingly well, I was just let down by silly unfortunate mistakes. Obviously I was wishing I had taken my cubed to cope with the rain though!!

I've also run the car at 10-electric which is a small local club in a village hall. The surface is a kind of lino type material. Again I was massively surprised at how well it went on the low grip surface. It drove much differently to the cubed but was, I would say just as fast.

Testing at RHR in the dry I found the car to be amazing. RHR has just had a new surface laid down throughout and the lads have done a great job of it. The new surface is high grip. I found I could push the car VERY hard without fear of any grip roll. With the gear diff and 20,000 wt diff oil the car was very easy to drive fast.

I'm in the process of getting both cars ready to hit the track so I can back to back them at different places.