Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2014
ericd2477's Avatar
ericd2477 ericd2477 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Freckleton, Preston
Posts: 246
Exclamation 2014 AGM Propposals - Input them Here

I have decided it would be better if we collected your proposals / Issues for discussion at the AGM on either Oople, Facebook or on the website query form. Please keep the proposals Short and to the Point and No long discussions on this Thread please.
  #2  
Old 03-02-2014
funkygrump81's Avatar
funkygrump81 funkygrump81 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: prob somewhere i shouldnt be
Posts: 130
Default

Offroad Buggys too use offroad tyres not foams
Offroad Buggys minimum ride height too be raised too 15mm
A offroad section of track for buggys ( extend end of track with astroturf and add rumble strips and jumps)
Keep car numbers in each heat and final too 8 as agreed last year especially for championship rounds
Numbers on cars ( then ya know whos leading and lapping )
__________________
Wayne Perei
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5M
  #3  
Old 03-02-2014
andy110m andy110m is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 408
Default

Everythings great as it is, fully fit for purpose so can I propose we leave it alone

Failing that I've a few thoughts,
  1. 10th racing buggies continue to have free choice of any tyre.
  2. Ride height to be sensible inline with conditions, 6mm minimum in race trim at rest. Random checks, possibly 5 per evening, to ensure compliance with the rules.
  3. This is not a serious race car club. Its a club to bring on the new blood. As such no changes are needed to the track. (Just on common sense grounds, if we extended the track how would we all pit and marshall safely?)
  4. I like limiting the cars to 8 but really, I can't think its practical in the time we have. It'd mean turning people away and new racers could be unlikely to know about the online booking in. If we did thought, maybe an idea could be those who don't help with the track, putting away or setting up, get put the back of the list
  5. Make the race series shorter, monthly perhaps to allow the track design to be changed more frequently.
  6. Every 5th week be an open track with the more experienced racers assisting the lower final guys. This could be all aspects, advice on getting round the track, assistance wiring the car neatly, help with set up or even truing tyres.
  7. Set up online payment to accompany online booking in.
  8. Don't know if this is one for the AGM or the committee meeting. It came to mind hearing Janice call repeatedly for transponders to be returned on Friday. What about the club doing another group buy as we did in the past. We'd need to check the current situation but in the past the club had to order 10 or more to get a club rate but the discount was very good from memory.
  #4  
Old 03-02-2014
rallymaddaz rallymaddaz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bolton
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkygrump81 View Post
Offroad Buggys too use offroad tyres not foams
Offroad Buggys minimum ride height too be raised too 15mm
A offroad section of track for buggys ( extend end of track with astroturf and add rumble strips and jumps)
Keep car numbers in each heat and final too 8 as agreed last year especially for championship rounds
Spot on Wayne

Just few to add:

1) sort the poor etiquette.
2) repair and replace the broken segments of track and phase out the current wood block joints on the flexible sections of track.
3) it would be nice to see cars have number on them again - they aren't expensive and could perhaps be included in your race fee ( just one number per car ) this will help greatly with the poor etiquette as drivers are easily identified then.
4) consider a higher rostrum
  #5  
Old 03-02-2014
The Bod's Avatar
The Bod The Bod is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Littleborough
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy110m View Post
Everythings great as it is, fully fit for purpose so can I propose we leave it alone

Failing that I've a few thoughts,
  1. 10th racing buggies continue to have free choice of any tyre.
  2. Ride height to be sensible inline with conditions, 6mm minimum in race trim at rest. Random checks, possibly 5 per evening, to ensure compliance with the rules.
  3. This is not a serious race car club. Its a club to bring on the new blood. As such no changes are needed to the track. (Just on common sense grounds, if we extended the track how would we all pit and marshall safely?)
  4. I like limiting the cars to 8 but really, I can't think its practical in the time we have. It'd mean turning people away and new racers could be unlikely to know about the online booking in. If we did thought, maybe an idea could be those who don't help with the track, putting away or setting up, get put the back of the list
  5. Make the race series shorter, monthly perhaps to allow the track design to be changed more frequently.
  6. Every 5th week be an open track with the more experienced racers assisting the lower final guys. This could be all aspects, advice on getting round the track, assistance wiring the car neatly, help with set up or even truing tyres.
  7. Set up online payment to accompany online booking in.
  8. Don't know if this is one for the AGM or the committee meeting. It came to mind hearing Janice call repeatedly for transponders to be returned on Friday. What about the club doing another group buy as we did in the past. We'd need to check the current situation but in the past the club had to order 10 or more to get a club rate but the discount was very good from memory.
Agree with all of the above
__________________
Associated B44.2, Nosram Pearl Evolution ESC, Fusion Exceed 6.5T , 4200 Lipos, Savox
  #6  
Old 03-02-2014
The Bod's Avatar
The Bod The Bod is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Littleborough
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymaddaz View Post

1) sort the poor etiquette.
2) repair and replace the broken segments of track and phase out the current wood block joints on the flexible sections of track.
3) it would be nice to see cars have number on them again - they aren't expensive and could perhaps be included in your race fee ( just one number per car ) this will help greatly with the poor etiquette as drivers are easily identified then.
4) consider a higher rostrum

Great ideas, especially the numbers on cars to identify repeat offenders
__________________
Associated B44.2, Nosram Pearl Evolution ESC, Fusion Exceed 6.5T , 4200 Lipos, Savox
  #7  
Old 03-02-2014
spennyy2k spennyy2k is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bolton
Posts: 251
Default

Posted on Facebook but while I remember... I'd like to see a new track each week
  #8  
Old 03-02-2014
Gmcelroy Gmcelroy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymaddaz View Post
Spot on Wayne

Just few to add:

1) sort the poor etiquette.
2) repair and replace the broken segments of track and phase out the current wood block joints on the flexible sections of track.
3) it would be nice to see cars have number on them again - they aren't expensive and could perhaps be included in your race fee ( just one number per car ) this will help greatly with the poor etiquette as drivers are easily identified then.
4) consider a higher rostrum
Wayne and Darren have done a great job of highlighting some key issues, the only thing I would like to suggest is that we should look at having double height track sections on the main straight to keep cars apart when we run two straights in parallel to avoid head on collisions/cars jumping onto the straight.
  #9  
Old 03-02-2014
andy110m andy110m is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 408
Default

All the suggestions are great, lets have a massive track with loads of jumps and multi surface sections, no more than 8 per race and a scaffolding rostrum.

Guys, please remember what this club is for. If you want those things, the North West has plenty of fine race clubs. Southport is brilliant and very competitive. Ribble isn't about what SRCC is. RVRCCC is what it is and it works, just look at the numbers.

Why would you want to take what is very successful and mess with it. Daft ride heights and rubber tyres aren't what made this club popular.
  #10  
Old 03-02-2014
corsa148's Avatar
corsa148 corsa148 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 298
Default

Think these would make for a better track what they use at southport
On bends/corners

  #11  
Old 03-02-2014
funkygrump81's Avatar
funkygrump81 funkygrump81 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: prob somewhere i shouldnt be
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy110m View Post
All the suggestions are great, lets have a massive track with loads of jumps and multi surface sections, no more than 8 per race and a scaffolding rostrum.

Guys, please remember what this club is for. If you want those things, the North West has plenty of fine race clubs. Southport is brilliant and very competitive. Ribble isn't about what SRCC is. RVRCCC is what it is and it works, just look at the numbers.

Why would you want to take what is very successful and mess with it. Daft ride heights and rubber tyres aren't what made this club popular.
Andy eric has asked for suggestions youve voiced yours and now its other peoples turn so let them have a say and then it will be voted on at the agm and the majority will rule , then if it doesnt go how you like it you can spit your dummy out and not come for another six months
__________________
Wayne Perei
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5M
  #12  
Old 03-02-2014
Lee1972's Avatar
Lee1972 Lee1972 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkygrump81 View Post
Andy eric has asked for suggestions youve voiced yours and now its other peoples turn so let them have a say and then it will be voted on at the agm and the majority will rule , then if it doesnt go how you like it you can spit your dummy out and not come for another six months
Right in the balls
  #13  
Old 04-02-2014
andy110m andy110m is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 408
Default

No dummy spitting here, just voted with my feet because I can race at other clubs which catered for what I was looking for.

I stopped coming because to be competitive we needed new tyres every week. Same reason many people stopped, Craig, Ollie, Mark and others.

The reason I came back is because Ribble is the perfect place for my lad to start racing. When I saw the changes the clubs made, they make perfect sense so I started racing again.

The point is you and I can race anywhere. Silverstone, Worksop, Chadderton, anywhere. So we don't matter. The people who do matter are the ones for whom Ribble is the only place they'll race a model car.

Lets look at this from their point of view and not spoil a good thing.
  #14  
Old 04-02-2014
Lee1972's Avatar
Lee1972 Lee1972 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy110m View Post
No dummy spitting here, just voted with my feet because I can race at other clubs which catered for what I was looking for.

I stopped coming because to be competitive we needed new tyres every week. Same reason many people stopped, Craig, Ollie, Mark and others.
Out of curiosity Andy where are your friends racing now, are they not at clubs which run pins / spikes and are they not having the same issues with wear?

The reason I came back is because Ribble is the perfect place for my lad to start racing. When I saw the changes the clubs made, they make perfect sense so I started racing again.

The point is you and I can race anywhere. Silverstone, Worksop, Chadderton, anywhere. So we don't matter. The people who do matter are the ones for whom Ribble is the only place they'll race a model car.

Lets look at this from their point of view and not spoil a good thing.
So now that Ribble suits your needs perhaps the club has moved on and maybe the majority want a change?

Not looking to provoke an argument just saying that different people have different needs therefore we have to be open to all suggestions good or bad.
  #15  
Old 04-02-2014
Lee1972's Avatar
Lee1972 Lee1972 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Posts: 788
Default

Sorry forgot to add my suggestion which is during summer when the majority clear off outdoors, time and numbers permitting would it be possible as a know quite a few people who own both a 2wd and 4wd car to allow them to run both and maybe charge a little extra for running in a second class? The reason why I ask this is because I asked a friend over from another club and the club were willing to run a 1/10th scale touring cars however he was later told not to bother coming again as the club was going to get busy.
  #16  
Old 04-02-2014
Staxman Staxman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bolton
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmcelroy View Post
Wayne and Darren have done a great job of highlighting some key issues, the only thing I would like to suggest is that we should look at having double height track sections on the main straight to keep cars apart when we run two straights in parallel to avoid head on collisions/cars jumping onto the straight.
I have chatted to a few people regarding this.
My own personal opinion is that this should be a prerequisite if we are running parallel straights, especially with the speeds that's the cars are reaching. I don't think it will break the bank to get maybe another 10 pieces of drain pipe and some double length bolts.
__________________
Regards

Chris.....


Schumacher CAT K1
Schumacher Supastox
__________________________________________________ ________________

Well that was me...the guy you just lapped...again
  #17  
Old 04-02-2014
ericd2477's Avatar
ericd2477 ericd2477 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Freckleton, Preston
Posts: 246
Default

As the committee meeting is tomorrow to discuss the proposals for the AGM I am closing this thread. (Got out of hand anyway)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com