Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 25-08-2011

ash mate who's your hero ??
Old 25-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think he means you Jamie.

This oOple place, every one just talks about boring RC stuff all the time. Its so boring and off of what kids do and stuff.

Stuff like doing 110 in a van is quite exciting for us lot, and significantly cheaper than say buying a set of tyre warmers

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 25-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just one thing to think about for your own safety in future. Every 10mph increases the wieght of your load by 100% under heavy breaking, so if you had to do an emergency stop or break quickly you would have had 11 tons behind you. What load could your straps or the anchor points have held before letting go.
Worth thinking about next time you have a heavy load, how safe is it really?
Old 25-08-2011

Default thanks

lol it was still funny no matter what danger we were in live for the moment thats my saying and why thannk you very much its nice to think im a hero ! i dont think the van could go any faster lol it was shaking like a vibrator lol he has the top spec van the 2.5ltr turbo van it shifts like the bollocks thank you again at one point i thought everyone was having ago at me and kinda regreting the thread but now im ok about it
Old 25-08-2011
Mad Member

I once hired a Sprinter van and was amazed how quick the thing went with nothing in it.

I salute you for getting so much from a Tranny van - Sabine Schmitt (the woman from the Nurburgring) will be well proud of you!

Some of the comments by others were a bit unneccessary, however it is always a bit of a dodgy territory to announce on a public forum about doing something that is both illegal and unsafe - we don't want to lose a fellow racer prematurely!

How are you enjoying the Madrat? haven't been to the club for a few weeks but will be racing next week when we go back indoors
Old 25-08-2011

Default haha

haha lol about the madrat i put a 6.5t fusion exceed pro in it running a 5000lipo and in result to all ov that i absolutely snapped every gear in the gear box lol so instead of replacing the gear box ive gone out and swaped my mate for his tamiya tt01 and dropped the same brushless kit inside of it and it flys going this friday to sort out my memborship and insurance along with to get a new radio ready for the indoor season where hopefully ill actually be able to race it lol looking forward to getting back on that track im currently attending the club with this guy called dan who gives me a lift there and back he is sound as owt and back to the tranny ive gotta atmit i think the only reason why we got that fast is there was a slight slope not massive but just enought to push 19mph more out of it many thanks mate hope to see you racing you are the guy i spoke to on my first night arnt you with the glass's and the schumacher
Old 25-08-2011
Mad Member

I don't think we've met before as i've had to put racing on the back burner this summer, however once this weekend is out the way I will be racing pretty much every week.

I know Rich and Paul have glasses and Schueys so it was probably one of them you were speaking to

I currently drive a Losi (the one in my profile pic), also with a 6.5T - quick as hell but at least the gearbox is still intact - best car I've had, despite driving it like I'm always pissed!
Old 25-08-2011

Default haahahahaha

right matey i shall speak to you again sometime hope to meet you at racing next week and maybee just maybee might be racing you and ill show you what a youth of my capabilitys can do on track my first ever race i came 3rd wich i dont think is bad see you then
Old 25-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to johnni boi

You want to be careful what you post matey! its a public forum, anyone can see it
Old 26-08-2011

Is that why you havnt put on here that you like walking in bike lanes?
rb5, Mission, F109, F103, F104v2 titanium, F104v2 black, 2 FF01s, FF03, TA02, TA04ss, TA04r, TA05, TT01, TL01, trf 415, M01, M02, 2 M03s, M04, M05, M06, XEVO, DB01, T2R Pro, TC3, b3, SC10, RC10 R5, E Revo, MR4 TC, MR4 TC worlds, MR4 BC SP, Ym34, xxx-t, Mad Rat, Predator DTM, Holiday Buggy (red), H.B (blue), dt03.
Old 26-08-2011

now i wonder whats worse.. ah well im still alive
Old 26-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ash you tit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.

Last edited by Dave Dodd; 26-08-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: deleted ash. 's words
Old 26-08-2011

ASH GTFO DAVES PC!.
Old 26-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's not Ash it's Mr ken!

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.

Last edited by Dave Dodd; 26-08-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: this defo Ash. not me
Old 26-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
Just one thing to think about for your own safety in future. Every 10mph increases the wieght of your load by 100% under heavy breaking, so if you had to do an emergency stop or break quickly you would have had 11 tons behind you. What load could your straps or the anchor points have held before letting go.
Worth thinking about next time you have a heavy load, how safe is it really?
Force is to do with acceleration, for a load with the mass of 1000kgs to have the force of 11000kg's while braking, the deceleration would have to be 11m/s which is the same as loosing 24.61mph a second. The stopping distance for a car at 80mph is 96m which is a deceleration of about 14.8mph or 6.6m/s. Using that the load would have the force of 6600kgs
Old 27-08-2011

Loads of people reckon those highway code figures for stopping distances are outdated now as cars have really come on.
Once i was going down the motorway in a 7.5t lorry with like a million tonnes in the back. I was doing nearly 200mph and I had to brake really hard. I hit the brakes so hard that the truck actually did a full front summersault over a bridge and landed back on its wheels. Mid sommersault all the million tonnes of stuff in the back bust out the doors and went up dead high. I saw it comming back down so I braked really hard and got the lorry up on its front wheels so that all the load landed back in the back of the lorry. It was wicked. When I got back to the depot the gaffer checked in the back and everything was all stacked perfectly. He was well happy and let me go home early with a bonus.
BOOYACCASHA.
rb5, Mission, F109, F103, F104v2 titanium, F104v2 black, 2 FF01s, FF03, TA02, TA04ss, TA04r, TA05, TT01, TL01, trf 415, M01, M02, 2 M03s, M04, M05, M06, XEVO, DB01, T2R Pro, TC3, b3, SC10, RC10 R5, E Revo, MR4 TC, MR4 TC worlds, MR4 BC SP, Ym34, xxx-t, Mad Rat, Predator DTM, Holiday Buggy (red), H.B (blue), dt03.

Last edited by chris brown; 27-08-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: was really doing 320mph but thought people wouldnt believe me.
Old 27-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
Loads of people reckon those highway code figures for stopping distances are outdated now as cars have really come on.
Once i was going down the motorway in a 7.5t lorry with like a million tonnes in the back. I was doing nearly 200mph and I had to brake really hard. I hit the brakes so hard that the truck actually did a full front summersault over a bridge and landed back on its wheels. Mid sommersault all the million tonnes of stuff in the back bust out the doors and went up dead high. I saw it comming back down so I braked really hard and got the lorry up on its front wheels so that all the load landed back in the back of the lorry. It was wicked. When I got back to the depot the gaffer checked in the back and everything was all stacked perfectly. He was well happy and let me go home early with a bonus.
BOOYACCASHA.
well if you think thats good,i know a story about a cow that jumped over the moon

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 27-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
a cow that jumped over the moon
Old 27-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
BOOYACCASHA.
Old 27-08-2011
Mad Member

I tried to get my DeLorean to 110 but every time I hit 88 the bloody thing travels back to 1885

Clown