Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 05-03-2013

Default Identity Help

Hi there, finally pulled my 90's stuff out of the shed after about 15 years lol I know 1 is a super dogfighter 2 but I'm having trouble with the other 2
This is a predator but cant figure which one as I cant remember was it buggy or dtm back when picked up and I've all parts for both although anyone know of a buggy shell let me know please

second ones a kyosho I picked up a few years back but never got round to straightening her out

and heres the dogfighter in need of wishbone and the front gearbox section it mounts to

Only one I'll definitely be putting into use is the Pred not sure what to do with the others yet but the are on offer in exchange for a landmax at the moment be that good or bad I'm not sure yet lol
Old 05-03-2013
Mad Member

Kyosho is a lazer zx
Old 06-03-2013
Mad Member

Kyosho is a very original Lazer ZX, unusual to see one that's been raced that still has the belt guards fitted.

Yokomo is an MR4-BC

Can't be exact based on the photo but the Predator is most likely to be a 95Tee, their first touring car.
Old 06-03-2013

Would I be crazy to trade the zx and yoko against a landmax? I'm not sure of any values here. May have deal against a landmax with spare nearly rolling chassis but don't know what's worth what and I'm kinda liking the thought of finally having a nitro car lol
Old 06-03-2013

Anyone know where to find the parts needed to sort that mr4 out? Or what other model parts fit too. Wishbone and the gearbox housing it pivots on are all it needs
Old 06-03-2013
Mad Member

YO!

You have most of a MR4bc there!

Difficult to precisely know what need replacing.

I suggest.

1. Get a copy of the manual from Competition X or Sosidge's website - google search.

2. Strip the car down completely. Wash all bits. Spray with GT85.

3. Throw most of the screws away a replace with stainless steel hex heads (I recommend Westfield fasteners).

4. Determine what needs replacing using the manual. Looking at your pics I can be fairly confident you need to do away with the front bulkhead and shock tower. Now, some of these parts can be found on end-of-line rc.com (google search) others will need an ebay search. I think you can use YZ10 rims, but need to check that! These rims can be bought easily from JC racing (google search).

5. If you need new wing and body, you can find this on ebay (Team Bluegroove).

It may be a lot of work...but you could end up with an awesome restoration with some patience.

Naushad
Old 06-03-2013

Just got offered €50 for the yokomo as it is which I think I'll take and restore the zx and predator. And yeah it's just the bulkhead and wishbone the tower is sorted.
Old 06-03-2013

Team blue groove do predator shells but im unsure if they fit the older modles. looks to wide to be the dtm but could just be the picture,

ive got the streetwise but looking at a dtm too at the moment
TA04R,
TA02
TRF 416X,
TRF 502X
Tamiya group c
B2,
LOSI XXX4,
PRED X10
Tenth Tech Streetwise
3 Racing F109
MST MS-01 D
MST XXX VIP
Mardave V12 cec
Mardave v12 Sam Gray edition
Yokomo YRF2 SP
Yokomo DRB hyper ssg
Old 06-03-2013

The most popular 1/10 when I was about was the wider 1/10 think the tamiya were about 10-15 mm narrower and the pred I think was a case of choose your size
Old 06-03-2013

The dtm and streetwise are 200mm wide opposed to the tamiya 190mm but I think the firs buggy converted ones were wider again
TA04R,
TA02
TRF 416X,
TRF 502X
Tamiya group c
B2,
LOSI XXX4,
PRED X10
Tenth Tech Streetwise
3 Racing F109
MST MS-01 D
MST XXX VIP
Mardave V12 cec
Mardave v12 Sam Gray edition
Yokomo YRF2 SP
Yokomo DRB hyper ssg
Old 06-03-2013

Well the BmW M3 shell off my kyosho buggy fits but only just so am guessing its a shade over 200, will try get a chance to measure it tomorrow. Of and the bugs definitely bitten. Spotted an XUT Pro for handy money and went all out. It's hiding in the boot from the missus lol
Old 06-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory01 View Post
Team blue groove do predator shells but im unsure if they fit the older modles. looks to wide to be the dtm but could just be the picture,
It is too wide to be a DTM because it's a 95Tee, their wide touring car version of the buggy. It's around 235mm wide and some bodies are still available.

If it's going to be converted into the buggy version any Predator bodyshell will fit the chassis.
Old 07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
It is too wide to be a DTM because it's a 95Tee, their wide touring car version of the buggy. It's around 235mm wide and some bodies are still available.

If it's going to be converted into the buggy version any Predator bodyshell will fit the chassis.
Yup buggy is the plan X11 it is then if I can't get an original for ok money, will pick up car shell too maybe, just cause I can put it on lol
Old 15-03-2013

Well had an xut land in my lap as a present so all 3 above are open for offers