Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 10-09-2011
Banned

Default listening to customers?

How do you find durango standing by their listening to their customers rule?

Im very suprised to find the new durango without a huge change from previous versions, things such as an improved thicker wing, alu servo saver to name a couple of things most people have to replace and requested from durango

I like the idea of the one durango model with a route to upgrade to alu parts, but for us full fat 410 owners, if I was to buy a V3 id be massively downgrading spec of my car, and as for upgrades from a full fat with big bores im limited to HD Balls, Flexi System, D Joint Mid shaft, a measely £60 worth of bits, not considering the machined diff rings either.

I was expecting to spend loads on upgrades! The Hex is something im concerned about having so many wheels Id need to replace, does it justify it?

Have I missed the point here or are durango focusing on aiming the new V3 at racers who dont own a durango yet? as for us owners already wheres the need to sell a full fat just to "downgrade"?
Old 10-09-2011

Isn't it a good thing that you don't need a pocket full of cash to chase the latest release?

There is nothing on the new car really that is essential..
Old 10-09-2011
Banned

Im suprised not to see an alu servo saver and a stronger wing.

I think its odd that they couldnt push their current customer base more, but as adam says theres still more to come.
Old 10-09-2011

I recon they have it about right really. I do own a Durango already, I will prob buy one so I have all the new bits , I will just swap bits from my now car to make it how I want it . My car at the mo could do with a few bits to freshen it up / replace worn bits, I think off the top of my head a full set of drive shafts is around £100 so with other bits I will need it's better to buy a new car !

As for some one new to Durango the price is very good which will sway people to buy. They will also be the "bling" bits to add for the people who are into that stuff.
Old 10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
Im suprised not to see an alu servo saver and a stronger wing.
Keep it off it's roof !
Old 10-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
How do you find durango standing by their listening to their customers rule?

Im very suprised to find the new durango without a huge change from previous versions, things such as an improved thicker wing, alu servo saver to name a couple of things most people have to replace and requested from durango

I like the idea of the one durango model with a route to upgrade to alu parts, but for us full fat 410 owners, if I was to buy a V3 id be massively downgrading spec of my car, and as for upgrades from a full fat with big bores im limited to HD Balls, Flexi System, D Joint Mid shaft, a measely £60 worth of bits, not considering the machined diff rings either.

I was expecting to spend loads on upgrades! The Hex is something im concerned about having so many wheels Id need to replace, does it justify it?

Have I missed the point here or are durango focusing on aiming the new V3 at racers who dont own a durango yet? as for us owners already wheres the need to sell a full fat just to "downgrade"?
Am I getting this right, your moaning that a new car is coming out, but it won't cost you the earth to get the car you have now up to a higher spec then the new kit?

To me, little changes that retro fit on to my now 2 year old car, is much better/easier then trying to get a whole new kit passed the wife.

If the need to keep spening money on new bits is what you need Phil, swap over to Schumacher, there's always half a new car just a few weeks away

Saying that, I was one who wanted a stronger wing, don't remember going through so many before.
Old 10-09-2011

It looks like they have listened..and learnt a lot and passed all of the research on to customers as a cost saving..

The car has had a good amount of cost taken out without detriment to the operation etc. Infact, it is more representative of what people have been doing to their full fat cars. Eg plastic side guards.

Some of the items you mention, I believe are upgrades for old and new cars alike..

Cheer up Phil, it's all good
Old 10-09-2011
Banned

Im just suprised there isnt "more"
Old 10-09-2011

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

@captainlip
I'm not sure I fully understand your points about the new car.
What we did was to take the cars that our drivers use and make the car more cost effective for someone to go out and buy
Where else can you get a car on the market as spec'd as ours for the price.
Yes we could have thrown every bit of bling and option part at the car, but then the car would be way too overpriced and I guess people would have complained.
In essence what we did was strip the car to it's bear racing bones and then leave it upto the customer to 'hop up' the car for there particular racing.

As for the centre driveshafts and new cup. They are two new part numbers. They stop the centre driveshaft popping out under extreme circumstances when using the plastic/plastic combo.

V3 kits are also supplied with the old cone washer and spacer so you can use old wheels. The hex simply replaces the vine and washer.

New saver arm will be out soon.

Unfortunately we can't give every customer their perfect car, we just aimed for the masses at a price that everyone can afford.