Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 16-10-2009

Default Castle Mamba Monster ESC problem

hey guys

ok so i finally got everything set and was ready to calibrate my esc like it says to... connected the batteries and held the trigger down and hit the switch... nothing happened i have power because i have steering but the esc won't make any noises or light up or anything... any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

-Jim
Old 17-10-2009
Banned

turn the wires the right way i got a mamba castle i can set it to any control have you put the wires wrong way around servo i can set it to any control but if there just turn the front wheels turn the little black tab around and it should work if not use you pc to set
turn it on but hit the red switch at the same time as turning it on . if not the lights will just flash .?
pull the handset back turn it on at the same time press the red button and lift off

Last edited by stampede vxlboy; 17-10-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old 17-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhead019 View Post
hey guys

ok so i finally got everything set and was ready to calibrate my esc like it says to... connected the batteries and held the trigger down and hit the switch... nothing happened i have power because i have steering but the esc won't make any noises or light up or anything... any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

-Jim
Definately wired up the correct way round? Is your throttle on your radio reversed? If it is (except on Futaba) then it needs to be the 'normal' way round. Make sure your throttle trim is neutral too.

If that all fails, then it looks like it'll have to go back to Castle Creations. Send them an email to see if they come up with anything.
Old 17-10-2009

if my wiring was backwards y do i still have power to the steering servo? i would think that if i was backwards then the power wouldn't work... so i'm inclined to think that i have it wired correctly as it matches the orientation of my steering servo... however i missed the part about having your controller reversed so i'll check that out... thanks guys
Old 19-10-2009

Oh, must have missed the bit about the steering servo still working. Try the radio re-calibration, and if that fails, get onto Castle Creations, it may need to go back. Don't worry though, they have excellent service.
Old 19-10-2009

thats exactly where i went... castle's help was great... apparently i had a bad controller it happens though and their going to ship me a new one tomorrow and all i have to do is send the defective on back to them

castle's customer service gets two thumbs up and more if i had them haha