Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 11-05-2007

Default 4wd Rnd 2 @ Coastal

Next regional is 4wd rnd 2 at Coastal (Ipswich). The track has had some work done to it and Im told that the bumps have been ironed out to something approximating a billiard table.
Come to the blue side and feel the love!!
Old 11-05-2007

TRF_Tastic, Big guy you must have the roughest billiard table on the planet, hopefully it's better that it was but it ain't no billiard table!
Old 12-05-2007

I can only report what I am told gramey, smoove as a babys bum, was one of the phrases used.

If it is that smooth, then I can only commend that work put in by Tony and his band of willing helpers!
Old 12-05-2007

I can definitely confirm it is a (w)hole lot smoother than it was.
The kick-up from the concrete path going uphill onto the straight has gone, the exit from the bridge over the ditch can now be taken flat out, the table-top entry is now very gentle and most of the ripples in the corners have also been smoothed out. There are a couple of corners which still have the ripples in them, but hey this is off-road after all.
The amount of soil that has gone into the repairs, the subsequent rolling and the large amount of grass seed that has been spread around over the past month means that it will be a great track for the regional on the 20th May.
The current layout avoids most of the repaired areas, so it should have settled down well, especially with the recent rain, and will be an interesting challenge for all the drivers next week when the new full circuit is opened up.
Old 14-05-2007
Mad Member

Just a reminder about booking in for the 2nd Round of 4WD East of England Regionals on Sunday 20th May 2007.

Can drivers register/book in for this meeting as soon as possible please. This helps no end in getting the meeting running as smoothly as possible.
Thanks to all who have already done this.
The first round at Lawford Buggy Club attracted 30 entries and was by all accounts a huge success. It would be nice to see even more numbers at this round.

All I am hoping is that it's drier than Kiddy national, but that won't take much.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 16-05-2007

Should be a great meeting guys come on down and have some fun.

And the weather for the weekend is looking good so far....
Old 19-05-2007

I am comming along to have some FUN now Watch out the Plastic Pig is Back with a faster Brushless than ever befor LOL

The Silver Bullet lives again
Old 19-05-2007

I would come along just to watch the plastic pig explode up the main straight. It'll be good to catch up Trev.
Old 19-05-2007

Does that mean were going to need a marshal at the top of the ski slope then trev

Should be a good laugh im looking forwards to it and hoping to do a little bit better than last time.
X Factory X6
Old 20-05-2007

well then?
Old 20-05-2007
Mad Member

A good days racing, though it was seriously hard work. Thought the extention to the track was good as it added a new element to the track. Think a good days racing was had by all.

Just a shame I haven't yet received my £100 prize money Those that were at drivers briefing will know what I mean.

Look forward to seeing you all at the next regional.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

Old 20-05-2007

i did enjoy today had a good laugh the meeting, was run great and the commentry was gladly welcome nice to hear a real voice for a change. But as for the racing one word nightmare!!! did not have one clean run all day the track bit me a few times today!!! and oh yeah i hope he got close up of my car i really do hope it ws worth the 14 seconds i was left on my roof!!!! but hey thats racing roll on bury metro

grant williams
Old 20-05-2007
Mad Member

Got to agree with you Grant on the commentary as that was nice to hear.

Old 20-05-2007

Pics from R2 can be seen here http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community
Old 20-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw02veg View Post
i did enjoy today had a good laugh the meeting, was run great and the commentry was gladly welcome nice to hear a real voice for a change. But as for the racing one word nightmare!!! did not have one clean run all day the track bit me a few times today!!! and oh yeah i hope he got close up of my car i really do hope it ws worth the 14 seconds i was left on my roof!!!! but hey thats racing roll on bury metro

grant williams
Grant, Unfortunately it comes down to not being able to please all the people all the time. We all like to see some nice piccies of the days racing when we get home and we all want to be marshalled the split second after we've crashed.
As the budget didn't run to a professional photographer Barry was trying to wear 2 hats at the same time. However frustrating this was to those involved there are better ways of airing disapproval than the foul and abusive language that some used.
Perhaps another time an arrangement can be made for someone to cover for whoever is taking the photo's of the days racing?
Old 21-05-2007

16.5 marshalls must have theirs hands free at all times. as per brca rule book.

im sorry to say gramey it is not unfortunate it should not have happened in the first place at the end of the day it was a brca sanctined event. marshals should have both hands free and b able bodied. the reason I shouted was the fact he was looking through the lens up the track while my car rolled ova in front of him( he dnt c it). i shouted to get his attention but because i shouted he went to pick the car up then didnt said a few words so out of pure and utter frustration i did rev the car wrong i know but then he held onto it for another 4 secs and put it down . if he had actual done his job properly i would have been been back on my wheels just behind jcb but know i ended up fourth i did fight my way back to second but wot chance have i got with 14 seconds for a incomatent marshall the camera was so big he had to use both hands . y couldnt he have got someone to cover his marshalling duties while he took the all important photos tell me that ????

he was one of the organisers run large touring car events he should surly know wot is acceptable standard at brc events(marshall how u wish to b marshaled )
Old 21-05-2007

Old 21-05-2007

Grant, I realise that at your level of racing it's difficult, if not impossible, to give away 14 seconds and still compete. Accepting everything that you've said, e.g. the situation shouldn't have arisen, and the fact that I'm no angel with my language off the rostrum, any protests could have been a little more civil
Enough said, I'm sure the same situation won't arise again, we all try and learn from our mistakes.
Overall I enjoyed the day even though I didn't finish my final due to my servo arm coming adrift.
Old 21-05-2007

ifully understand wot u r sayin. its just so hard in the heat of the moment u just get carried away oops but it was not only myself that suffered at the hands of the camera(that was the problem) its just a shame for it to happen. the day was great up till then very well run club the commentry and the close racing i worked hard to get pole and to have it all spoiled by that incident was a utter shame. i know trevor has now made a note in his drivers briefing about marshaling and hopefully one good thing will come out of this!!

grant williams
Old 21-05-2007

ifully understand wot u r sayin. its just so hard in the heat of the moment u just get carried away oops but it was not only myself that suffered at the hands of the camera(that was the problem) its just a shame for it to happen. the day was great up till then very well run club the commentry and the close racing i worked hard to get pole and to have it all spoiled by that incident was a utter shame. i know trevor has now made a note in his drivers briefing about marshaling and hopefully one good thing will come out of this!!

grant williams