Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 05-10-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve73 View Post
No one believed what i said a few sides before.....
Your psychic distributor?
Old 05-10-2011

Do we know if there's a specific reason for the delay
Old 06-10-2011

This is funny, I've been reading along with you all.

I've been flying 50 sized 3D nitro heli's (and others) for years, and this 'delay thing' happens ALL the time, including people saying I can't fly until this new model comes out !

You can read of people hearing about the next best thing, selling everything they have in readiness, then waiting for months or years for this next 'best' model to be on sale.

One manufacture took nearly 3 years to come to the market, and all they kept saying was 'very soon'. It became a big joke in the end. The model took so long to come out that all the things that made it great (on paper) were out of date by the time it hit the shops. When it did become available, it was found NOT to be the best thing ever by some, but just another nice heli !

It was very funny to read about the people that had sold off all there gear and had nothing to fly, thinking it was only another two weeks to go. What was funnier was reading of the people that had bought brand new gear costing about £1500 ready for this new air frame. Only to find the model took so long to come out that all the warranty had passed on there 'new' gear !!!

There was endless speculation of release dates, by shops and people that thought they were 'in the know'. The forums were spitting nails for month after month and FULL of flyer's saying "I have nothing to fly until this model comes out" !!

I don't understand ?

Why didn't these people just keep what they had until the newer model was on there table, built, THEN swap over all the bits or buy the new stuff at that point. All the old gear, if it needed to go, could then be sold off and get some money back ! That way, they could keep flying.

( or racing, if you get my meaning ? )
Old 06-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

can't say I've sold anything in preparation for the DEX210. All I did was buy a 2nd speedo, receiver and PT

I plan to replace my 2010 spec DEX410 with a DEX410v3 when I can, but I still have my 2010 spec car and I'll keep it until I have my v3 built and ready to race
Old 06-10-2011
Mad Member

I sold my left arm to buy and race this car. Hope that works out
Old 06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
I sold my left arm to buy and race this car. Hope that works out
ahh, that would explain your driving then
Old 06-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhurley View Post
Old 06-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhurley View Post
So what would be my excuse then!

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 06-10-2011
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
This is funny, I've been reading along with you all.

I've been flying 50 sized 3D nitro heli's (and others) for years, and this 'delay thing' happens ALL the time, including people saying I can't fly until this new model comes out !

You can read of people hearing about the next best thing, selling everything they have in readiness, then waiting for months or years for this next 'best' model to be on sale.

One manufacture took nearly 3 years to come to the market, and all they kept saying was 'very soon'. It became a big joke in the end. The model took so long to come out that all the things that made it great (on paper) were out of date by the time it hit the shops. When it did become available, it was found NOT to be the best thing ever by some, but just another nice heli !

It was very funny to read about the people that had sold off all there gear and had nothing to fly, thinking it was only another two weeks to go. What was funnier was reading of the people that had bought brand new gear costing about £1500 ready for this new air frame. Only to find the model took so long to come out that all the warranty had passed on there 'new' gear !!!

There was endless speculation of release dates, by shops and people that thought they were 'in the know'. The forums were spitting nails for month after month and FULL of flyer's saying "I have nothing to fly until this model comes out" !!

I don't understand ?

Why didn't these people just keep what they had until the newer model was on there table, built, THEN swap over all the bits or buy the new stuff at that point. All the old gear, if it needed to go, could then be sold off and get some money back ! That way, they could keep flying.

( or racing, if you get my meaning ? )

Maybe they couldn't afford to and wanted to get the money first?

The above quote has never been a problematic issue in 10th off-road racing in my experience.. Durango have been good at keeping people up to date.

What has been evident though recently is some other rc companies not keeping their prospective customers up to date and numerous early orders cancelled. If a problem crops up that delays the release of a product the feeling and comments i've heard from racers is just let them know! Its more unlikely that orders will be cancelled if they know whats happening even if its going to take longer. - Keeping people hanging on just leads to frustration and they'll probably look elsewhere!

Last edited by James; 06-10-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2011

I must admit to being interested in this new car

If it turns out to be something great, I may get one and ditch my Cougar SV. But I'll stick with the Schumacher until the DEX210 has proved it's self.

I got all cought up in the 22 when that first came out. I've, (as in personally) not talked to anybody yet that has said thier 22 is fully sorted and are 100% happy. I sold mine before it got to the track and happy I did.

My SV (bought to replace the 22) is a very nice car to drive and relable, but this DEX210 also looks nice

I'm watching with interest
Old 06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Your psychic distributor?
Yes, i ordered 450 kits......
Old 08-10-2011

any confirmation on the kits being available next week ?