Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 08-11-2012

Default Enough!

This post is not meant to antagonise the situation further but try and bring it to a conclusion before things get said and relationships or reputations get damaged.

I've been reading this over the course of today with interest.

Cream has some valid points here: He came up with the design for the Durango Ali Mounts and carbon towers. However, the concept of Ali mounts & carbon towers existed before he designed them for the DEX210. Noels are a very good piece of kit, I know because I have them on both of my 210's!

One thing designers or engineers don't do that well is protect what they have designed. I would have expected that a patent on the design be registered which would have made it difficult for companies like 8 racing or Tresrey to copy it in the way they have. It won't make it impossible but you would have had some protection and recourse to compensation for infringement of copyright. You might have been able to allow them to manufacture under licence, meaning you got a % fee very time they sold one.

I've not seen the Exotek design and can't pass comment on this but it's not very often I stick up for Boyle but here it goes!

Having read the post a couple of times now, he is correct in saying that he has not questioned the quality of your product. Far from it, he has commended the quality on several occasions.

Secondly as the distributor of Exotek etc, he has the right to protect the brands that he represents. This is normal business! I'm in that position everyday as a Senior Manager in a large FMCG organisation. There are some of our products I disike but I still stick up for them when they are compared to our competitors!

I don't think that Boyle means any malice against Cream and this thread has started to get out of control, which is often the case in public forums.

I would hate to see either of them falling out over comments made on here. Both are respected in the RC Industry and this is really a fast way to lose that respect!

As I stated in the beginning of this post, it iis not intended to antagonise this discussion any further merely bring it to a close.
Old 08-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

I'll take it as it was ment The Dutchman, thankyou for your input.

I'd just like to point out that I've not trashed the other products, My comment about material was a direct reply to the anodizing question and the reason I don't anodize them I apoligize if it came over different. It had nothing to do with what material the others are made out of. As I don't know the grade the others are made out of.
My other comments where about price and the fact I belive the others are a direct copy of what I made over a year ago. People will make their own judgment call over those comments.

How I advertize or sell my products are of no concern of anyone else yet those point have been bought up.
Old 02-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quick bump for those asking from America.