Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 18-01-2015

Default Orca vx3

I have the above and am confused on all the different settings and there meanings when I plug the program box in.
Could someone explain what they actually change or is there a previous post or web site somewhere doing this.

Thanks.
Old 18-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt9 View Post
I have the above and am confused on all the different settings and there meanings when I plug the program box in.
Could someone explain what they actually change or is there a previous post or web site somewhere doing this.

Thanks.
Check this manual out: http://www.orcarc.com/admin/demo/upl...4420445727.pdf

It is for the VXX, but the settings work the same in the VX3.....
Old 18-01-2015
No trade access

What kind of motor and do you need/want to use turbo and timing ?

Main parameters to check and test are Punch and PWM (drive frequency).
Depending on motor and gearing start with 8k PWM and set the punch to avoid wheels spin.
Once done you can set the drive freq (8k base setup) to a lower value to have more low end (more lively) or to a higher value (more top end, more smooth).
This is very nice to adapt power to traction levels and tracks.
I use mostly 8k, sometimes 4k on tight tracks and can go to 32k if traction is low, or wet.

You have the same thing for brakes. I usually start at 2k brake frequency but add a few % of initial brake to have a bit of hard brake.
You can lower that value to have harder brakes or go to 4k if you want smoother brake feel, again could be usefull on low traction tracks.

PMW drive and brake freq are like feel controls, quite useful to adapt the car to your driving style.

If you fancy some timing and turbo the VXs have a built in ramp up timing an turbo where most ESC offer ramp up turbo only and fixed timing (sometimes with an rpm start).

Basically you choose the amount of timing (max) to be applied then choose how the timing will rise. For the you have a timing start (throttle % when timing will start to be applied) then your choice of ramping from a very fast timing buildup to a very gentle one.
Then you have turbo delay to be set to allow the motor to rev up enought before introducing timing then you have the same parameters as timing (amount, ramp up) for the turbo part.

Very nice Esc, especially as it allow to tune down a low turn motor.
When I put an R10 in my car I can always add punch, timing, etc but I was limited to smooth out a motor. On the lower smoother setting I felt I was about in the middle range on the VX3 so a very large setup offer.

Last edited by tomtom; 18-01-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old 19-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Anyone got any tips / setting for the vx3?

Just installed mine into a KF with an Orca 7.5 motor - many new settings on the ESC that i'm not familiar with. Read instructions and recommended settings and kind of used them for now.

Anything in particular I should know / set on this thing?

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 11-02-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Andys did you get any tips or a good setup?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 15-02-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Has anyone got a good agressive setting for 2wd buggy carpet?

I have tried a borrowed one in my buggy and im just not getting the Raw rip that I can easily get with the HWv3

I can now understand that this would be a great esc for touring and low grip and why a lot of high grip setups use motors that are a lot lower T than most.

Any tips?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 16-02-2016
No trade access

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKiwi View Post
Has anyone got a good agressive setting for 2wd buggy carpet?

I have tried a borrowed one in my buggy and im just not getting the Raw rip that I can easily get with the HWv3

I can now understand that this would be a great esc for touring and low grip and why a lot of high grip setups use motors that are a lot lower T than most.

Any tips?

Malin Karlsen setups are good to bring punch back, especially for RX3 motors.

Timing start 5%
Timing 4
Timing interval -1
Turbo delay 0.02s
Turbo timing 10-15
Turbo interval normal
PWM 8k (you could try 4k for more kick at low rev.)
Punch 5-7
Old 16-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
What kind of motor and do you need/want to use turbo and timing ?

Very nice Esc, especially as it allow to tune down a low turn motor.
When I put an R10 in my car I can always add punch, timing, etc but I was limited to smooth out a motor. On the lower smoother setting I felt I was about in the middle range on the VX3 so a very large setup offer.
How do you rate the VX3 compared to the R10? I have 2 R10's and need a third. I was about to order a R10.1 but have been recently thinking about trying another brand i.e. trackstar or LRP Flow or the VX3. I have read the Orca motors tend to have less KV and power than the equivalent Team Orion VST2 motors, so would need to go for a lower wind.
Old 17-02-2016
No trade access

That's been a while since I've tried the R10 (on my car, same motor, etc). What I find was I was able to smooth out a motor compare to a R10 but still could add some timing and punch to boost things up.

I'm not very objective about the brand, been running the VX3 for 2 years now, never add an issue, it stays cool even last summer running all day, never had a thermal issue or cut when the car was run under heavy rain.

For me running a VX3 ESC and RX3 motors I found the motor (RX3) is a huge part of the smoothness of the two and really look forward to try the new more torquey motors they're about to launch (RT).

I wouldn't go for a higher wind either, just find the right gearing and mess with the setup until it's fine for you.