Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Broxtowe Model Car Club

Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

Default Is there a meeting on this Sunday???

Is there a meeting this Sunday on the outdoor track??

A few of us are keen to come up if there is.
Old 06-09-2011

BRCA Clubmans

http://matthew-chandlers-rc--blog.blogspot.com/

Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Is there a meeting this Sunday on the outdoor track??

A few of us are keen to come up if there is.
Yes there is mate. There is a touring car meeting but we are running a buggy meeting alongside it so your welcome to come dude.
Old 06-09-2011

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

what time you starting Dan?
Old 06-09-2011

Why have you decided to run an Off Road meet along the clubmans?
Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
what time you starting Dan?
Gates will be open about 8 I think mate.
Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorwood007 View Post
Why have you decided to run an Off Road meet along the clubmans?

Because numbers of people who have pre booked arnt very high so rather than just have a massive gap between rounds we might aswell run offroad heats aswell. Does it matter? Problem?
Old 06-09-2011

think some one is upset
Old 06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRP View Post
think some one is upset
I think someone is upset. To be honest yes it's abit of a weird and unnecessary thing to do as you are running a national clubmans meet and you decide to run your own meet along side to "save time" and "shorten the calendar".

Shows the clubs commitments to it's own on-road track
Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

Not sure what you mean "save time" and shorten calander"? What calander.

The meeting will be run to a high standard and the TC's are the main priority. Unfortunatly TC racing is dead at the moment so while the class is sufferring and numbers are low, I really dont see what negative effect running buggies as a support class alongside the TC meeting will have? We have spent alot of money on the new TC track aswell as the new offroad track for our 100 plus members of the club. We have no control that members of Broxtowe have decided to mainly race offroad at the moment. The way I see it, why have a meeting of 30 TC drivers and a gap between rounds when we can run an extra support class that has no detrimental effect to the running of the meeting and give more racers the oppurtunity to race? We just want as many people to come to Broxtowe as possible whatever class they want race. Is that really such a crime?

I have seen all the negative comments Bob Burr and such like seem to enjoy writing in Race Chat about this situation and our club. I wonder why the TORC series has dropped from entries in 80-90 region in 2005/2006 to the 20 or so people that do it now? Way to promote the hobby!
Old 06-09-2011

You say the TC class is dead. So you don't see atleast 100+ people running at the BRCA and the BTCC meets then. Yes the TORC numbers have gone down over the years but Bedworth and Stafford are still getting 40+ at their meets.

Yes way to promote the club by saying that the class is dieing when it isn't.
Old 06-09-2011

i want to play with my toy's on sunday too
Old 06-09-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
You say the TC class is dead. So you don't see atleast 100+ people running at the BRCA and the BTCC meets then. Yes the TORC numbers have gone down over the years but Bedworth and Stafford are still getting 40+ at their meets.

Yes way to promote the club by saying that the class is dieing when it isn't.
but they're aren't 100+ touring cars booked in for the weekend. If there were I'm sure buggies wouldn't be running. Broxtowe runs a great meeting, on both their tracks - the integration for the 2 classes is seemless.

There is a thread running a the moment about a club in the north west having to shut down due to lack of numbers, I for one would hate to see our great club run the risk of shutting down, but as it is proactive and extremely well organised in being able to run multiple classes on the same day it's future is secure

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 07-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:

Shows the clubs commitments to it's own on-road track
The guys at Broxtowe have worked damn hard to create a facility that can run different classes and hats off to them, they always run a bloomin good meeting too.

It is all done voluntarily and as i well know 'thanks' are few and far between.

Any club needs good attendance at events to keep the facility maintained and open for everyone that races any relevant class.

Running other classes to make it more worthwhile opening up is the sensible thing and fair play.

It will give you guys more charging time and helps promote the classes to each other... can't see an issue
Old 07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
Not sure what you mean "save time" and shorten calander"? What calander.

The meeting will be run to a high standard and the TC's are the main priority. Unfortunatly TC racing is dead at the moment so while the class is sufferring and numbers are low, I really dont see what negative effect running buggies as a support class alongside the TC meeting will have? We have spent alot of money on the new TC track aswell as the new offroad track for our 100 plus members of the club. We have no control that members of Broxtowe have decided to mainly race offroad at the moment. The way I see it, why have a meeting of 30 TC drivers and a gap between rounds when we can run an extra support class that has no detrimental effect to the running of the meeting and give more racers the oppurtunity to race? We just want as many people to come to Broxtowe as possible whatever class they want race. Is that really such a crime?

I have seen all the negative comments Bob Burr and such like seem to enjoy writing in Race Chat about this situation and our club. I wonder why the TORC series has dropped from entries in 80-90 region in 2005/2006 to the 20 or so people that do it now? Way to promote the hobby!
Well Put Dan.

All Broxtowe wants to do is promote electric RC racing, and we are doing that by catering for the demand in the Nottinghamshire area. Other local clubs have done exactly the same. We have invested huge amounts of cash into the on road track and are all dissapointed that it does not get used as much as it does, but we know it will in the end. Negative comments do nothing to promote the sport, and that is all we are trying to do.
I'm sure we will have a cracking days racing with all parties enjoying themselves as much as possible.

Alan
Old 07-09-2011

I too dont see a problem in running the buggies at this event, as the TC numbers simply aint there.
Any spectators (or drivers for that matter) get to see other claases which they may have not seen before ( thats good promotion) and thats surely better than "joe-public" seeing just a few TC's.

(might bring the buggy along as well now,, that'l keep me busy )
Old 08-09-2011

It would be nice to see large numbers turn up , but in the past a lot of drivers just don't like broxtowe track because its not an high speed all out track but instead its a technical track that has to be driven well to be rewarding.

we have spent a large amount of club funds to bring the track to a high smooth finish thats now a great TC track, I'm sorry to say that we could not redesign this track due to the space and vast costs involed to alter the layout to make it anymore apealing to certain TC drivers, but most people like the track, as it has charactor but numbers are still down to just a hand full of local drivers.

The fact is in this area most TC drivers in this area just like indoor Carpet where thay know that they can race whatever the weather is, This weekend is not looking very good and this will put off a lot of driver from travelling any distance (No one wants to blow up the Expensive Electrics )

while The Buggy can race in the wet with very little risk of blowing up (except Durango ) so why not run the Buggys if the numbers are down on the TC entry you guys still need time for charging making changes and repairs)

so whats the harm in the past the two clases have run seperated and the each class will normally marshall their own class. so i take it this will be the same this time you will not be expected to marshall the Off road guys

just remember its guys playing with Toy Cars and is supose to be fun

Can't we all just learn to live together TC & Buggy

is anyone going down on Sat to set up and at what time I also have some Pictures for the Club site from the last Weekend Meeting
Dave

I also hope to have the Blitz up and running if i can get a under cover sorted in time so look out Roger
Old 08-09-2011
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
Yes there is mate. There is a touring car meeting but we are running a buggy meeting alongside it so your welcome to come dude.
What's the schedule? I'd really like to make it up but it depends on start and finish times as its a fair drive for me!

Cheers
Kev
Old 08-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastplace View Post
It would be nice to see large numbers turn up , but in the past a lot of drivers just don't like broxtowe track because its not an high speed all out track but instead its a technical track that has to be driven well to be rewarding.

we have spent a large amount of club funds to bring the track to a high smooth finish thats now a great TC track, I'm sorry to say that we could not redesign this track due to the space and vast costs involed to alter the layout to make it anymore apealing to certain TC drivers, but most people like the track, as it has charactor but numbers are still down to just a hand full of local drivers.
I was up at broxowe two weeks ago and the touring car track looked great! Nice and smooth and well relaid. This is a track with everything, fast straight, undulations, banked corner, off camber corners, up hill and down hill sections. Much better than a flat piece of tarmac with some curbs in it. Only thing I never liked was the top right hand corner, I could never get that consistently right but I always loved driving there.

It is in my top three on-road track alongside the fantastic Ashby track and the new Bedworth layout (the old version was just a bit boring.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideLineRacing View Post
What's the schedule? I'd really like to make it up but it depends on start and finish times as its a fair drive for me!

Cheers
Kev
gates open at 8
1st heat 10 am
finished around 4pm

can book you in when you get there if running late
cheers andy