A weekday evening during week 7-11 April (Day tbc) 4 36.36%
Saturday 12th April, suggested time from 10am 2 18.18%
Arrive at 8am Sun 13th, no racing until track works complete 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-04-2014

John - have you got a set of keys?
Old 14-04-2014
Admin

Yes I have keys, so will be able to open up the container and access what ever we may need.
Old 15-04-2014
Admin

We will be there in 5 mins if anyone can join us
Old 15-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'll be there after 4pm John, with my strimmer.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 15-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks to all who came and helped today... you know who you are.

Jobs done tonight:
Filled some track holes.
Mowed and strimmed track and surrounding area.
Put weed killer down.
Re-wired genny leads and tidied some electrical stuff in container.

With discussions with John Price, I've put together a list of jobs that need attacking over the coming weeks. These will make for a much better summer season at Spenborough, so please if you can come along and help at a work party, or do something before/after/during a sunday club meeting, then please step forward by putting your name down below.

The list.

1. Remove old wood floor from rostrum. Replace wood floor with new boards. Six 8x4x19mm ply required.

2. Paint container/rostrum.

3. Replace loop with new one. (John Price has this)

4. Obtain/buy astro piece for far end of track 3x20m approx. lay astro from brick curve to far upper corner. We'll need a few bodies for this...

5. Remove cricket mat patches from track, replace with either grass seed or fresh astro.

6. Fill more holes with mud/turf.

thanks,

To add to what Neal said, this List is just our opinion of which things to tackle. It's not exhaustive, so if anyone else believes other things require attention, please make it known. This way each club member can then work out in which way they could best help out. If everyone contributes just a little, it soon adds up to a whole lot John
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Oscar; 16-04-2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Add info
Old 16-04-2014

I could be wrong, but I thought Dianne had a source for astro..?
Old 16-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
There is a place very close to the track that supplies/uses it. John Price is going to speak to them to see what they have.

The used astro I found in Leeds is now on RHR.
Old 16-04-2014
Mad Member

Sorry I couldn't get down last night - didn't get home from work til late and then had another meeting!!

Well done and thank you to those who did - hopefully my efforts with the lawnmower on Sunday morning made it a bit easier...

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 16-04-2014
Admin

Quote:
After speaking with Steve, the conclusion was that the drawback of used astro is the transport cost, (plus huge amount of manpower needed to move it about) It might actually be easier just to source some new locally.

This will be cost dependant of course, but once my car is fixed I'll look into some quotes which we can evaluate.
Old 16-04-2014

Put me down for helping
Old 16-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
After speaking with Steve, the conclusion was that the drawback of used astro is the transport cost, (plus huge amount of manpower needed to move it about) It might actually be easier just to source some new locally.

This will be cost dependant of course, but once my car is fixed I'll look into some quotes which we can evaluate.

I thought there was some that James had put aside for us at RHR and the only reason we had not done anything yet was because we did not want to use it at Spenborough if we were going to have to move.

I also thought that Steve had some put aside at Sarah's nursery?
Old 16-04-2014
Admin

Apparently the stuff at the nursery is still laid down and would need lifting. Realistically you would need around 15 people to travel over there to lift and manhandle it onto a vehicle. Transport back would be via a hired HGV as it would be too heavy for a regular trailer or van. There would then need to be a similar number of folk back at Spenborough to unload.
I'm not sure what is left at James's place, (I'll find out this weekend when down there) but similarly we would be looking at £500 ish for a HGV to deliver to Spenborough. James could load up at RHR , but we would want a JCB or similar to unload at our end.
The conversation Steve and I had was that we do need to think about what is realistic. Even a single piece of used Astro to do the section from the corner over the small jump and up to the start of the straight, would likely weigh in excess of a couple of tonnes. New astro before it has sand added, is comparatively very light and easily manageable with fewer hands. New stuff would also avoid the patchwork quilt effect which is very easy to end up with when laying old pieces from elsewhere.
Old 16-04-2014
Admin

I have been tinkering again today and got a spare Amp from the Whitcliffe container up and working. Prior to Sunday I'll go set it up in the container so we can have a dedicated separate output onto the rostrum. This will allow us to independently run appropriate PA volume levels to both drivers and into the pits. I'm sure our neighbours will benefit as much as we will
I will post on here when I'm going down, so if anyone else is free at the same time we could maybe meet up and tackle another one or two of the endless list of jobs
Old 16-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Astro:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.70...aQ!2e0!6m1!1e1
Old 17-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post

Good spotting Neal....there must be some going spare there..!!
Old 17-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Good spotting Neal....there must be some going spare there..!!
They sell it. its just round the corner from the track.
John was going to have a word when he has his car back.
Old 01-05-2014

The rostrum is now getting in quite a bad way we have 2 more foot sized holes and a lot of the boards have now started to come away from the container , I don't know if it's the weather that is lifting them or vandalism either way it won't be long before it's not safe to use
Old 01-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post
The rostrum is now getting in quite a bad way we have 2 more foot sized holes and a lot of the boards have now started to come away from the container , I don't know if it's the weather that is lifting them or vandalism either way it won't be long before it's not safe to use
I am in the process of getting my garden tidied up and we have an area of decking approx 5m*20m that looks untidy. We have got it booked infor someone to take up the decking and replace with new. Therefore I will have a significant quantity of decking boards that could be laid over the existing structure. There are only 3 boards that I am aware of that have any signs of deteriation so the vast majority have plenty of life left. I have no means of transporting them, but if there is no immediate urgency (i.e. the job is booked for approx mid June assuming weather doesn't get in the way) and someone has a van that could be used to transfer from Mirfield to Spen, then you are welcome to have them when they come up?

Yokomo YZ-2

Old 01-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlandchris View Post
I am in the process of getting my garden tidied up and we have an area of decking approx 5m*20m that looks untidy. We have got it booked infor someone to take up the decking and replace with new. Therefore I will have a significant quantity of decking boards that could be laid over the existing structure. There are only 3 boards that I am aware of that have any signs of deteriation so the vast majority have plenty of life left. I have no means of transporting them, but if there is no immediate urgency (i.e. the job is booked for approx mid June assuming weather doesn't get in the way) and someone has a van that could be used to transfer from Mirfield to Spen, then you are welcome to have them when they come up?

I think mid June will be too late , and I'm sure that decking wouldn't be suitable to fix to the top of the container either
Old 01-05-2014
Mad Member

No worries

Yokomo YZ-2