Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 18-11-2018

Try the outer wishbone shock mount in front if you haven't already, should calm down steering and jump flatter. Shock mounting positions across the board will affect jumping and cornering. When changing something for the first time, I like to set it to its' extremes to see what that setting does to the car, then fine tune from there.

Toe and camber are also worth experimenting with. I generally run 0 toe in front, sometimes a bit of toe-out, 0-3 degrees camber in front, 0-2 in back. Generally a bit of front toe out will make the car forgiving in high speed cornering, at the cost of entry grip. Reducing rear toe (by flipping the blocks, assuming car is built to default setup) will allow more steering and less stability under power.

Steering rack balls all the way forward gives most forgiving and predictable steering (most ackerman).

Could experiment with changing the rear roll center as well, maybe add and remove 2mm shims just to see how it feels.

Lastly, what rear tires are you running? At the track I frequent (small and technical, 35x70'), they recently switched from turf to carpet. Mini pins were favored on turf, but on the new traction their sidewall height makes it difficult to setup a chassis won't grip roll. Cactus, mini darts, and rawspeed rug-burns are now favored as they are much easier to drive and setup.