Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 19-06-2006
Administrator

Default X6 Photos

Thanks to Chazz @ Xfactory, I've been able to get some world exclusive photos of the X6 in its almost production status. They will be uploaded SOON.
Old 19-06-2006
Administrator

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/x6/

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/x6/
Old 19-06-2006
Admin

Is it just a little deceptive, or is the chassis really wide??
Car looks quite good though
Old 19-06-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

i like it, you getting one john?
Old 19-06-2006

1.5mm wider than a B4 chassis
Old 19-06-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

Looks like a Venom B4 shell, lol, soz, typical JConcepts, all swoopy and no shape.

Anyhows, technical things....

How strong are the wing mounts?

Whats with the funky angle on the rear camber link?

Chassis looks good.

How did it go??
Old 19-06-2006
Mad Member

Got to say i am not a fan of the shell design, but i can understand the reason why its the wedge shape for downforce. Do you have any side shots with the shell on jimmy ?.

Steve, i see what you mean about the rear camber link angle when you look down on the car.

I guess saturday will be the real test for the car
Old 19-06-2006
Administrator

There are changes already in process and this literally is the first test car with all the moulded parts. The Shell is the first draft by JConcepts and not finished.

I have to say the chassis and all the mouldings look fantastic.
Old 19-06-2006
BANNED

Looks like it's been stood on by a fat marshall.
When the XXX4 came out it looked ugly but you sort-of get used to it.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 19-06-2006
Administrator

I have to say, the shell needs some stickers!!! I can't handle a car without any stickers, its just not right.
Old 19-06-2006

I think the rear of the shell is like that as they beleive in the shell giving downforce. It is good that they kept it symetrical, looks far better like that, plus the expanse of red draws your attention to it... like lycra and fat hips... never been a great fan of JConcepts but they are a means to an end I guess... keep dirt out.

As for the rear link, looking at it, they can't go much further forward witht he mount as it will hit the spur gear.
Old 19-06-2006
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

love the wing mounting brkts ace, looks good and as you say i guess saturday will be the tester
Old 19-06-2006
Administrator

DCM, wouldnt worry about the camber links, its the first time the moulded car has been together like this. Things are still in prototype stage even though they "look" finished.
Dan and Chris are really looking forward to testing the cars out properly, should be great to see something other than a B4 / XXX go round.
Old 20-06-2006
Mad Member

For now we're running X - 5 wings. The New Math will have its own wing. The center will follow the shock tower and the outsides will not have the kick-up necessary to accomodate the X - 5's rear wheels.

There also will be some modification of the body at the rear next to the cabin to allow cooling ducts.

It's a work in process, done out in the open so you can see and give suggestions. We think it's a new, better way to do things. Keeping it a "secret" and then "springing" a new model on the public is so last year...
Old 20-06-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well spotted on the camber link angle...

We are supposed to run B4 hubs on the rear, on oposite sides and the camber link is straighter, but I ran the Rayspeed 1/2degree hubs and the holes are central on these, so the angle was increased.

Notice also, we'll be running a camber link hole slightly further forward on future shock towers. and then the camber link will be straight. There is room for this.

Also, I had been running a home made toe in brace (with very little inboard toe in - which is why I put those hubs on). Literally as Jimmy arrived to take pictures, Dan arrived with parts (Challenge Aneka stylee), so I put the right toe in brace on quickly, cut the shell quickly and Jimmy took loads of photos..... but I hadn't noticed that the increased inboard toe in had given like -5 degree of rear camber. It was all rush rush rush, crazeh

I will have a better prepared car for weekend, and fingers crossed Jimmy will be able to take pictures of mine and Dan's to add to the X-6 gallery.
Old 20-06-2006

Chazz, to offer some contructive feedback on the shell to make it look nicer and less, hows the nice way to put this... jelly mould like, ask JConcepts to square up the corner between the horizontal and vertical part of the side pod and loose the raked up part of the shell on the outside of the spur gear hump, it will give the shell more 'shape' to it and make it look less ungainly. Just my opinion though.

What will be used to hold the cells in eventualy and is there room to add lead weight in the rear to aide traction if need be?? And what will spares availability be like in the UK?
Old 20-06-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Steve,
I refitted my shell lower and recut the side 1/4inch higher and the shell looks a lot better for this. There'll be pictures courtesey if Jimmy after weekend.

There is going to be a moulded plastic cell strap, it'll hold cells in properly one way, and Li-pos if turned over.

Plenty of area to stick weight to if need be around the chassis and rear shock tower, but me and Dan felt no need for the lead in the rear, infact we experimented with putting lead in our noses instead. Traction is great.

Spares will be fully backed up by Lesro models in the UK. Daryl already has many drivers who'll be running the car including himself, and he'll have heaps of spares. No worries here, he is a very reliable guy and shop.

Me and Dan will try to answer as many questions as we can, to save Chazz some time, im sure Chazz will be on too to add to anything we have missed?

Chris
Old 20-06-2006

whats the rear chassis flex like Chris, one of the pics appears to show some noticeable chassis flex (weighted side being twisted up and distorting the shock tower)?

Not trying to be picky but is seems pretty much a large deflection when comparing that pic to a BK2 or B4 on the same corner. Otherwise looking good though, and be nice to see the shell more defined but thats only cosmetics.
Old 20-06-2006
Super Moderator

When I had a quick go with Dan's on an all grass track it had loads of rear traction. I felt it was a little pointy for me, and could have done with the steering calming down a bit. Guess this is because there is more weight forward.

G
Old 20-06-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Steve, you'll have to show me the picture. I have had a look through and couldn't spot it.

The chassis flex is slight to the point it may be non-existent, certainly less flex than my Graphite BK2. The rear end is clamped solid through the gearbox into chassis with threaded steel inserts used, this goes through the tower. Then braced futher through the motorplate into a bracket in front of the motor (can be seen in one of Jimmys pictures) - this gives a lot of strength to the rear of the chassis. If this front bracket is left loose then the flex is increased very slightly, but even so, it isn't a lot - as the chassis is well moulded and strong to the rear too.