Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 24-07-2014

Default rear wheel problem dex210

Hey, I'm new here so I guess a quick introduction is in order, I'm quite new to the rc world had a whole run of crappy toy rc cars as a kid but always wanted the real thing so I ended up getting a good one a short while ago. Now I've been slowly getting into it I don't have any body around with some experience with these things to help me out so it's been a steep curve. Now a problem arose that I just can't figure out so I decided to try and find some help here.

The problem at hand, I noticed today that my right rear wheel had quite a bit of play special compared to the left one, inspecting it I noticed the driveshaft on the right side is sliding with a cap coming out of the inside of the axl, it moves furthest when the rear shocks are compressed and the axl is straight moved out all the way it goes it even blocks the arm from coming down fully, Ive added a picture to show the axl slide out of place, I have no idea what's causing this let alone how to fix it. I'm sorry if this is a obvious question but I am a complete noob, willing to learn to ! Much appreciated if I could get some help with this.

Last edited by wasdebeer; 24-07-2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: forgot to add the mentioned image
Old 25-07-2014

Your axle is missing the wheel hex and pin to hold it in position. Check out this pic for the parts needed and steps to fix it.

Team Durango Australia
www.team-durango.com

Proline Australia

A list of option parts and other information for Durango vehicles. www.durangofansite.com
Old 25-07-2014

I see, I also moves quite a bit with the wheels on though, and the other side doesnt move at all (the left axl) even with the pin and hexnut removed. But I guess its caused by the 12mm hex I put on to install some different wheels, I was worried something had popped out of place there. I'll put on the standard wheels and nuts to see if that solves it, thank you for your reply!
Old 25-07-2014
Mad Member

The axle should come out of the bearings if the drive pin and hex are removed. It sounds like the one that is not moving even when this is done is stuck on the bearings. When you put it all together hex, drive pin wheel and nut the the nut pulls the axle and hex up against the inner of the wheel. If their is any movement on the axle then you may need some small 5mm shims before the hex goes on to the axle to help.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 25-07-2014

Thank you for your reply, it seems we have a plot twist here, the problem was on the other side all along =P. Thing is I had no idea how it should be, which makes it hard to solve a problem, but then I know what to work on now =).

Part supply is pretty bad in my country (Netherlands) since buggy's aren't very popular, even finding unmounted tires is nearly impossible and I wanted some more street suitable tires for driving down the street here, had to go for a pair that came with rims but these needed 12mm hex so ive been tinkering to fit them on didnt realize the hexnut needed to be snug against the axl. Any tips on getting this fitted properly? Ive tried now with a spacer in between the hexnut and the axl but that only goes as far as the pin and there still seems to be a bit of play on it. I googled a bit and learned from that there are suitable conversion kits out there? any tips on that?
Old 25-07-2014
Mad Member

Pin goes on last.
Just like in the instructions.
Old 25-07-2014

it shouldnt slide in and out at all although it could be the other hexes that you are running there is no problem with the standard hexes