Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 22-04-2014

Default midweek track use?

Hiya,

I love the remodel of the track.

Is it allowed to use the track midweek for fun? Due to other commitments I can't make most of the arranged races this season :-(.

I was a member last year b44.1, I did all the weed spraying for you...

Cheers
Simon.
Old 22-04-2014

Good question

would we able to go down to practice on the track?

TLR 22 2.0
Speed Passion
Sanwa
SMC
Old 22-04-2014
Mad Member

Well I guess at the moment we cannot stop people but shortly we will be chaining up the hosing to stop midweek practice unless arranged by us for specific practice evenings.
So the answer to your question now is not really but we can't stop you and shortly it'll be no as the track will not be laid out in the week.
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 22-04-2014

Thank you for the prompt reply. Was going to take my own mini cones, didn't realise the hose was left out.
I may be there tomorrow for some fun then :-)

Cheers
Old 23-04-2014

Default Members Only!

The committee have recently been discussing this very thing!

It has come to the attention of the club, that non Bury members are using the track to brush up on their driving skills, which they are then using at other north west venues.
This is clearly unacceptable. Given the club has spent a considerable amount of members funds in the redevelopment of our track, it is simply wrong for drivers from other clubs to turn up and benefit, without due consideration for supporting our club! To this end, the club kindly insist that any drivers that are Not currently Bury members, cease using our track immediately! And they do so until such time as you have paid to be a club member, or when participating as a guest of the club, eg regionals. This request is not designed to turn away drivers. Quite the opposite. The request intends to highlight that Bury, just like any other club, needs funds to continue to exist.

The club continues to attract new members and is more than happy to accept these drivers as club members and welcomes them to join us at any of our club meetings in the near future and beyond.

To be clear, the use of the track by Bury members is allowed at any time, but obviously at their own risk.
Before it is said, We all know the difference between, persons using the track for bashing and those who are keen racers, using it to hone their drivers skills! So please support the club in managing this issue.

Please contact either myself of club secretary Neil Burdess (birdy) to discuss further if required.

Many thanks for your support in this matter.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.