Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 11-04-2013

to be honest id rather it be mixed and blinky, and people had a more relaxed attitude to wednesday nights than it get all serious with qualies and finals.

in fairness i do only turn up maybe 1 in 4 weeks, but personally i go for a laugh. if it was qualies and finals i wouldnt bother at all. thats what sundays and maritime are for.
Old 11-04-2013
Mad Member

Racing is racing and to race you would need to compete if you don't compete there is not much point in racing you may as well drive round in circles in the car park.
Old 12-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s22jgs View Post
scrap the ranking system? just have everyone who books in put into random heats. A usual heat 8 driver can find themselves in with a heat 1 driver. Everyone in the same boat, and no issues of returning drivers or losing out because you have been on holiday.
I can't see this as a viable option Steve. One thing FORCC prides itself on is catering for all abilities. Mixing the heats randomly so a complete newcomer could end up against the best drivers we had would only cause massive frustration for all - not to mention the hugely increased risk of accidents.

It's no-one's fault, but a newcomer just won't be as in control of their car as an experienced driver. They'll be upset at why they're being told to get out of the way every 10 seconds, and the better drivers will be frustrated at not being able to race consistently.

There's only one outcome from that, and that's losing drivers, which none of us want. The ranking system works, it's purely the issue of returning drivers I believe needs tweaking.

But thank you for your input Steve.
Old 12-04-2013

lol ok maybe it wasnt the best thought through idea. i guess my point was keep it fun
Old 12-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s22jgs View Post
i guess my point was keep it fun
And that is the single biggest criteria!
Old 13-04-2013

as a recently returning driver, i feel the system is spot on. Left an A driver returned and was put on the A. I feel the other A drivers were not put out by this.

however if i had been put in the first heat, this would have caused carnage.

it works fine leave it alone.

as Stu and dave said its better to keep similar ability drivers together, for EVERYBODY to have a good night.
Old 13-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkclifford View Post
as a recently returning driver, i feel the system is spot on. Left an A driver returned and was put on the A. I feel the other A drivers were not put out by this.

however if i had been put in the first heat, this would have caused carnage.

it works fine leave it alone.

as Stu and dave said its better to keep similar ability drivers together, for EVERYBODY to have a good night.
I second that I don't race as much as I used to to come back and be put in the lower heats I don't think I would bother racing. IMO It works well