Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 17-04-2017

Default Need some advice on yz2 mods

Good evening guys just picked up a second hand yz2 been rebuilding i know about the mod on the rear to widen the rear track width this one appears to have the longer wishbones been on the my website and they had the 65mm bones listed for use with the z4-008rs4 arms so have fitted these there in too far and i have had to install 7mm of limiters to the rear shock s to stop the shafts from jaming up in the outdrives when fully compressed .This has removed most of the shock travel i see from other threads that the bones should be the 62.5mm versions this would pull the shaft out further what i need to find out is what wishbones i have they measure 74mm between the inner out outer pivot. Can anyone confirm what the z4-008rs4 centers are. I'm suspecting that the z4-008rl5 would work with the 65mm shafts i suspect this would be too wide To go into our regional scurtinaring box any help would be appreciated .

Ps it's also had the gearbox raised by 2mm this might also be having some effect
Old 18-04-2017

run the bmax 4 rear arms and 62.5 shaft.works just as good
Old 18-04-2017
Mad Member

What rear hubs are installed in your car, the standard or the offset type? The 65 mm and 66.5 mm shafts are only to be used with the Z2-415RO offset hub carriers, the standard plastic and aluminium hubs use the B2-010RB/Z2-010RB bones.
Old 22-04-2017

Thanks mes I bet that's the cause I would have the kit hubs thanks for the advice I, Lloyd get some 62.5 shafts on order