Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 21-03-2017

Default YZ2 Ball Diff

Hey guys,

Query on my YZ2 (original version rather than CA / DT) - purchased it used last year to run as my low grip car when my CA was too much to handle, had a ball diff with it which is now in need of a rebuild, I'm guessing this ball diff is from a Bmax 2.

Can I order parts from the DT ball diff (gear, thrustrace, balls & plates) or are the sizes of components different?

Ta in advance for any advice offered
Old 21-03-2017

The same
Old 21-03-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The original bmax2mr ball diff is 12 ball (part no. B2-500MR). The newer YZ2 Z2-500 ball diff is 14 ball and much more durable, but other than that they are the same.
If you have the older type, and replacing balls, its worthwhile getting the newer (Z2-503) 14 ball gear as its definitely worth the upgrade for how much smoother and longer it lasts.
Otherwise, plates, thrust, outdrives, spring, bearings and bolt are the same.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 22-03-2017

Thanks for confirming guys and point noted on the DT parts offering more durability - much appreciated