Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 10-10-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
Loving it mate, I ran mine at the Banzi challenge and it was making some awful noises in the final and it’s just sat in the garage since
Poor Dog left in a garage !
If your on RC10TALK I'm compiling a list of parts I can make and prices , the biggest reason for this project was to get more cars up and running and to supply the unobtainium parts needed at a reasonable price .
Old 12-10-2019

I've got the Scorpion diff compatible gearbox made ,it still takes the stock Yoke diff so that makes things simpler ,its now installed so we'll see how it works , the only failure point I can see is the screw holes , they leave it a bit thin but there's a 2mm collar on the other side that's not got holes in so I'm hopeful , I'm starting testing with a brushed motor , if all goes well I'll try brushless later .
Unfortunately the weather has become very English so testing has slowed down , the grass grows fast and its too wet to cut it
Old 14-10-2019

The new one way roller hub/knuckle assembly with unmodified Kyosho Scorpion 2014 rear axles , it adds 3mm track on each side so the car is 6 mm wider , im printing the rear Scorpion axle compatible hubs with additional width to match the front.

And here's the rear Mono Shock Cantilever mount , sorry about the hodge podge of screws i need to get more , always more .

I'm fairly happy with the way it mounts but it will probably be only for shelf or light use , I'm planning on a stronger version that has a yoke on the ends for mounting the bell cranks and the same for shock mountings on the bell cranks .
Old 14-10-2019

Rear hubs for Scorpion axes.

Old 22-10-2019

I've been having printer grief so I'm taking a stress break but i just thought I'd catch you up on stuff .
This is the final version gearbox with optional mono shock mount .The mount is a draft print so its a little rough but you get the idea .

These are the jigs for modifying the front spool and creating the axle for gear 2 that has a cross pin and screw hole to drive the chain sprocket .
First the front spool jig . You insert the spool , place the lower part in a a vice , then cut flush with the far end , file the flat on the cut away section and lastly drill a 2.5 mm hole through the guide hole in order to tap an M3 thread to fit the front sprocket .

Second is the 5 mm axle for gear 2 that needs two 2.5 mm holes drilled for the gear cross pin and the M3 hole for the rear chain sprocket , again you insert the 5 mm steel rod and clamp in a vice and cut flush with the jig end then drill the two 2.5 mm holes through the guide holes and then tap the one for the sprocket .

Lastly i found a part that can be modified easily to make half of the front spool , it just needs a hole re-drilled from 3.5 mm to 5 mm , otherwise its virtually exactly the same other than a larger set screw thread size and that's a good thing in my book ! sorry about the lousy pictures , its on the left , the one on the right it a very worn and damaged original , its from the FTX Vantage and easy to find part No FTX6273 , its surface hardened but it drilled easy enough , i did it on a lath but i can easily make a drill jig if needed as it does need to be drilled true or i guess i could mod them as its very quick and easy but that bumps the price ....

Old 30-10-2019

I think this should work , I've made two types of mount , a stock type for the shelf only as its too flimsy and a strong version that has an upper deck shown fitted to the car , testing begins now on this new mount and bell cranks , the bell cranks are probably stronger and more rigid than the stock items .

Here's the shelf version

Almost forgot , that's the printed roll bar as well
Old 05-11-2019

A little footage (not good as driving and filming is not easy sorry) of a test run with the Kyosho diff and mono shock rear end
https://youtu.be/KWZbKJiqNdM
Old 06-11-2019

This afternoon really has felt like the fruition of this project ! No development parts being tested , nothing broke or needed tweaking , jus two packs back to back of " drivin it like I printed it ! " I'd never dream of ripping into my original car like that , just driving it like one of my modern bashers , exactly what I wanted , the authentic feel of driving a vintage Dogfighter but with the complete abandon of holding back 8)

Might be time for a new body,tires and a fancy chassis !
Old 06-11-2019

Is anybody interested in buying parts developed in this project ? If so I'll contact admin and see if its OK to publish a price list .
Old 07-11-2019
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadio View Post
Is anybody interested in buying parts developed in this project ? If so I'll contact admin and see if its OK to publish a price list .
Put them up in the for sale section mate
Old 07-11-2019

Will do , I've already got it posted in RC10TALK so I'll copy and paste it in the for sale section .