Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 05-07-2012

Default Removing caster spacers from C-hubs

Alright lads,

I'm cant seem to remove the caster spacers from the front C-hubs now they have been fitted. I am half way through the build on my 210 and have decided to change them from kit to an astro setup so I need to change the spacers but I can't get them out.

Any advice on how to remove them without damaging the insert/C-hub?

Cheers

Chris.
Old 05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Elworthy View Post
Alright lads,

I'm cant seem to remove the caster spacers from the front C-hubs now they have been fitted. I am half way through the build on my 210 and have decided to change them from kit to an astro setup so I need to change the spacers but I can't get them out.

Any advice on how to remove them without damaging the insert/C-hub?

Cheers

Chris.
They are a very tight fit for obvious reasons, i used a pair of circlip pliers and managed to push them out with force, and didnt damage anything
Old 05-07-2012

Cheers for the advice Chris.

Is the Durango what you run then? I went to JESpares for a Cougar and walked out with a 210!! They said its a better car and very tough- sounds good to me.

I sent you a PM last Saturday, did you get it? Regarding bits and pieces to get me up and running

Chris
Old 05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Elworthy View Post
Cheers for the advice Chris.

Is the Durango what you run then? I went to JESpares for a Cougar and walked out with a 210!! They said its a better car and very tough- sounds good to me.

I sent you a PM last Saturday, did you get it? Regarding bits and pieces to get me up and running

Chris
I was running a 210 all year, pushing top 25 in NW regional. Really good car once you got a good setup, but once conditions change or it gets wet or you go to another track its back to square one. If you have time to fiddle about with the 210 then its a great car, but i found myself concentrating on getting a setup right than actually driving and getting good lines etc
So ive opted for a Centro which ive ran and find much easier to drive, and theres not much messing about.
Didnt get your PM, ill proberbly be at Bury sunday, and have a spare 210 that ive not sold yet.
Old 05-07-2012

I was tempted by the Centro bit found it far too expensive for now so I saw the 210 as about the best alternative out the box.
I will probably be knocking about at Bury on Sunday so I'll see you then. Think I'm going looking at that new Croston club on Saturday night with Gav Collingwood (if you remember him?) because he wants to race touring cars

Chris