Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 02-02-2014

Great advise guys. Stick radios are now becoming a scarce bthing, sanwa gemini x for around 150 quid new, these radios are bullit proof. Servos are savox all the way. The team c that ian is selling is a cracking car and there are loads that run at the club so spares arnt a problem. Always ask questions because even the most experianced amongst us dont know everything. Hope to see you soon,(look for the pink and white cars).
Old 03-02-2014

Found this

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144695
Old 03-02-2014

Thanks muzzie i think I'm set on what car n radio etc I want now , I know it's not the best reason for choosing but I like the look of the TLR 22 2.0 and the Gemini radio expensive start I know but I like :-) lol
Old 03-02-2014

If TLT 22 is they car you fancy then have a chat to Steve as I know he was running one a while back.
Old 03-02-2014

22 is a great car,virtually bomb proof,its still my comfort fallback car,now i have driveshafts back from our mark ,it may make another appearance
Old 04-02-2014

Hi, Im looking to get back into racing after a long time off I was 13 last time i raced (now 29) and 2000 batteries were mega bucks...(me n my old man used to do doncaster, worksop, ashby) I notice time has moved on what classes do you guys regularly run I was looking to the minis you guys do or maybe back into 1/10 touring cars like i used to do time ago with a losi street weapon and an sst. At present i have a tt-01 i muck about with from time to time... bit of advice on a purchase on a cheapy set up to see if i get back into it. As track days in my car are proving an expensive hobby!
Old 04-02-2014
oOple Advertiser

Hi Pinky, we only run buggies at the moment, on road stuff virtually died out here at Mansfield. However Broxtowe have gone the other way and have a thriving on road club on Saturday nights. Maybe worth posting on their section too?

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 04-02-2014

Whats a decent buggy to get started with the location and wednesday night date suited me
Old 04-02-2014

I think the best thing you can do is come and pay us a visit and have a chat, see what we all race and get some good solid advice
Old 04-02-2014

I'll call down next week after work then
Old 04-02-2014

Buggies are better anyway
Old 11-02-2014

Default Carpet for RC Drifting

Hi,

My name is Matt Chandler, I've been doing some research on RC drifting and seeing what areas have a RC drift track or hold RC racing I have come across your RC Racing Club and was seeing all the comments about the track surface.

As a researcher I thought if I could pass you on this information it may help you to upgrade your area for the drifting which may bring more racers in your area to the club.

Hopefully this will help

P.s. I don't mind putting some money towards if you do decide to upgrade. Just pass on the figure and I'll see how much I can put towards it.
Old 11-02-2014

Hi Benny, as a club we are a buggy/offroad club and our carpet stays down all year round, we used to have a drifting section when we were a floor down from were we are now, very poorly attended. if you like you are more than welcome to come and pay us a visit and have a talk to our race director, hope this helps
Old 11-02-2014

I am sure we could make some room around the curtains on the wooden floor if needed Rich
Must bring ear muffs though,lol.
Old 26-03-2014

Hi guys, I was wondering if you are still running down at Botany Av at 18:00.
I know it's shot notice but can anyone let me know by tonight: l_____________@hotmail.com
or just let me know for another week.
Thanks.

I just want to come down talk to you guys, see what's required and how much fun it can be. I built an RC buggy when I was ten, that's about twenty years ago now, so I guess a lot has changed...

Dom
Old 26-03-2014

Yes Dom they race every wednesday, racing starts at 7 but people get there about 6-6.30. I've only been a couple of times but they are a friendly bunch and will help you get re-started(don't buy anything until you spoken to them, theres some good 2nd hand kits for sale from some of the guys). Its £5 and racings on carpet, the track and jumps change every week to keep you on your toes.

Im not able to get there tonight due to work but I hadn't raced for 25 years. The batteries, speed controllers and motors have really changed but essentially its the same challenge of keeping a small car in a straight line as fast as possible!

Good luck !
Old 26-03-2014

Yes mate we are still in the same place. We have just move to a different flour. We are on the top flour now. Most of the lads get there for about 6. We set the track up have a pratice then get on with the night of racing.
Old 26-03-2014

hi Dom,as Steve has said every wednesday night from around 6pm, come and have a chat and see what you think, i came back 3 years ago from a 15 year break, god the technology is fantastic, you can buy instant power off the shelf, but as the old saying goes, faster i sometimes slower, LOL
Old 26-03-2014

Yep come down for a chat, don't be afraid to ask anyone, I still ask daft question. We can get you started no worries
Old 26-03-2014

I was looking forward to it, but my garage has not phoned me back and so I have no car (again) this evening.
My main questions would have been where to start I suppose, 2wd, 4wd I'de prefer to buy a kit and build it up myself to get to know it better then upgrade over time. But I guess I'll have to wait till next week.

Thanks' all for the answers.