Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 15-07-2008

Default Losi rear wheels offset on Durga - fits?

Hi guys

First post here

Can anyone please confirm whether Losi rear wheels would fit on the DB01, as I still have a full box of mounted XXX rear wheels. The mounting system is the same I keep reading, but I'm wondering about the offset. I need to go 4WD from my Losi, and I'm looking into buying a BalDurGaDre maybe if this fits and hence saves costs... Thanks for the help,

Paul
Old 15-07-2008

Hi, they fit fine.
Regards,
Ty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Hi guys

First post here

Can anyone please confirm whether Losi rear wheels would fit on the DB01, as I still have a full box of mounted XXX rear wheels. The mounting system is the same I keep reading, but I'm wondering about the offset. I need to go 4WD from my Losi, and I'm looking into buying a BalDurGaDre maybe if this fits and hence saves costs... Thanks for the help,

Paul
Old 15-07-2008

Hi there - thanks for your help - sorry if I wasn't completely clear when asking, but by "fits" I also mean do they have the same offset, ie will the track be the same? Thanks! Paul
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes, they're the same as the Losi & Associated. I even run the Tamiya wheels on my B44!
Old 15-07-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
Yes, they're the same as the Losi & Associated. I even run the Tamiya wheels on my B44!
see, I knew there was a reason your car was going so well on the weekend Pete!!!
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
see, I knew there was a reason your car was going so well on the weekend Pete!!!
LOL, based on your result you'd think that the Tamiya wheels were holding me back
Old 15-07-2008

ooooh, bitch lol
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

sorry for hijacking this thread, but hopefully you've got the answer you were after Lonestar!
Old 15-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Hi there - thanks for your help - sorry if I wasn't completely clear when asking, but by "fits" I also mean do they have the same offset, ie will the track be the same? Thanks! Paul
when they first made the 501X, they used Losi wheels all round.
Old 15-07-2008

Lightbulb

Guys thanks for the help - I am really confused here by some of the answers you gave me and, let me tell you why:

just talking rear wheels here - I tried in the past to run XXX wheels on a B3 (or the other way around, can't exactly remember as it was years ago) and it didn't work - the wheel was hitting the arm. So my understanding is that Losi and AE rear 2WD wheels don't mix.

I also believe that B4 and B44 rear wheels aren't the same again - different offsets, so one can't really talk about "AE rims" in general. At best the track isn't standard anymore and the dimenssion/suspension cinematics are off, at worst again it doesn't "fit".

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything, but I would just like to make sure, so please bear with me and forgive me for being such a PITA: "do the losi rear XXX rims have the same exact ( ie <2mm difference if any) offset as the 501X/Durga rear wheels"?

Thanks to those patient enough to help me

Cheers,
Paul
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

hi mate.

b4 b44 rear wheels are the same

b4 and b44 rear wheels are now the same as losi rear wheels.

b4 b44 and losi rear wheels are the same as the durga kit rear wheels
Old 15-07-2008

the B4 wheel had a far bigger offset than the B4....
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

what
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have also put my B44 wheels on the Durga and they fit fine.
Old 15-07-2008

On a similar topic,

I've just warn out my durga kit tyres, and I am now looking to go race at the local track.

I want to get some Schumacher mini-spikes all round. Will these tyres fit on the kit rims? I guess that I've got to order the 4wd drive ones that they have on the site for the fonts/rears.

Also, if I want new rims, would the schumacher rims fit? I've heard people say that there are loads of wheels that fit, but have never really seen a list, is there a list?
Old 15-07-2008

Hi guys - sounds like we are having a debate and conflicting opinions here... which is good, but also proves that this is not really a trivial question.

I did get a confirmation that B4 and B44 rear wheels are different in some cases. Actually the older B4 rims and the newer ones don't have the same offset, it actually depends on when they were bought, despite the same part # on AE's website. So it's a bit more complex thand this after all

Anyone else ?

thanks,
Paul
Old 15-07-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
I have also put my B44 wheels on the Durga and they fit fine.
B44 front wheels will likely rub on the hubs and cause friction - really you need a B44 hex, which isn't a direct fit but needs drilling out
Old 15-07-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncook View Post
On a similar topic,

I've just warn out my durga kit tyres, and I am now looking to go race at the local track.

I want to get some Schumacher mini-spikes all round. Will these tyres fit on the kit rims? I guess that I've got to order the 4wd drive ones that they have on the site for the fonts/rears.

Also, if I want new rims, would the schumacher rims fit? I've heard people say that there are loads of wheels that fit, but have never really seen a list, is there a list?
Schumacher tyres don't fit any wheel other than schumacher from what I've seen The bead is wider than most rims I've seen and doesn't sit into it. I usually trim a thin line of bead off the tyre prior to mounting and I think a lot of people do this.
The new Schumacher SX wheels should probably fit when they are available - but older CAT ones wont fit.
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
B44 front wheels will likely rub on the hubs and cause friction - really you need a B44 hex, which isn't a direct fit but needs drilling out
Ooh, I didn't notice that when I put them on, but it's back on Tamiya wheels now.

Lonestar, can you measure the offset on your Losi wheels and we can then measure the offset on the Tamiya wheels to put your mind to rest.

simoncook, wheels that fit include Losi, Tamiya & B44, but see Jimmy's comment above re the B44 fronts, not sure what other ones are out there? Jconcepts should.
Old 15-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
and the tamyia drive pin is to wide for the b44 hex. i tried and failed at this
you can run ae pins but the axle hole is wider than the pin its self and will fall out. but dose hold the wheel on