Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > WORM - Weston-Super-Mare

Old 02-12-2013

Default Ladies loo

Can someone tell me why the ladies loo is locked my wife is not happy to have to use the Mens
Old 02-12-2013
Mad Member

Simple...

Because someone keeps throwing all the loo paper and hand towels down the toilet blocking it up...another brilliant little occurrence of recent times!

Add that to the theft and gas tap fiddling and it's a bit of list of things we're trying to manage right now.

So quite simply, we can't trust it being left unlocked.

Helen has offered to keep the loo's stocked and in the best condition she can (given the state of them in general currently) so we'll be unlocking them during race meetings and locking them back up in between for the time being.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's the best we can do while powers out of our control are at work!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 02-12-2013

Default Ladies loo

Why don't you put the key to the ladies locked in the rostrum like we always used to between meetings then they are there for members to use when needed ? Otherwise I will not be able to support my husband when he wants to practice at the track.
Old 02-12-2013

ok we hear what you are saying but there is no reason why a key to the loos is not available, there used to be a key for the loos kept on a hook locked in the rostrum, so that only members could get to it that knew the combination of the lock.

failing that as Val is a long term member and volunteer (30+years) and about one of the only ladies that comes to the track with Ken her husband can the club give her a key.
Old 02-12-2013

OK everyone, things are in a transition period right now but unexplained things are happening.
These are new times at Mendip and we need everyone to pull together! We are working very hard behind the scene to make things better for 2014 and moving forward!
This issue will be resolved to everyones satisfaction! The forum is not the place to sort these issues. You can PM any off us and you have telephone numbers, please use them!
Thank you everyone.
Old 02-12-2013
Mad Member

Putting a key in the rostrum sounds like a good idea...I think we could give that a try!

It'll take us a moment to arrange it, but I'll post here when we do.

In the meantime, there is a fully functional toilet in the men's loo. Not quite as tidy as the ladies at the moment I'm afraid, but we'll be sorting that out at some point as well!

Something for the future too....we now have a club email address. Feel free to email us directly at info@mendiprcraceway.co.uk and we'll get back to you as soon as we can about anything like this. We can deal with simple stuff like this privately rather than making it all public

The new committee aren't new to RC or running clubs, but we are new to running this one, so it might take us a little while to figure out some of the finer details. Input from the members will be vital to us getting it right for you...but bear with us, as you know we volunteer for this and have day jobs...so although we try to do things as fast as we can, it might take us a little bit of time
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs