Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 08-02-2010

Default NEW Outdoor Track

I know it's short notice but some guys from the council want a meet with me on Wednesday at 12:00 to discus our needs for the track move...
Your ideas please asap.
The one idea I have is to have the rostrum on the other side of the track to protect from wind and sun in your eyes. Also if it was not so tall maybe have a ramp for wheelchairs.
Old 08-02-2010

Where is the track moving to?
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Old 08-02-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
Same site just relocated slightly.

When we last spoke about this i thought it was a good idea (suggested by Stu Wood i think anyway) to have like a blank astroturfed area (no concreat track markings) with contours, jumps, bumps, bomb holes and things made before the astro turf is laid, then lay hose down in any order on that "blank canvas" never the same track twice. I think it was suggested like Stotfold ??
And RHR

I love the Bury track, so just more of the same please, but the above is a good idea

G
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Default new track

Quote:
Originally Posted by The race controller View Post
I know it's short notice but some guys from the council want a meet with me on Wednesday at 12:00 to discus our needs for the track move...
Your ideas please asap.
The one idea I have is to have the rostrum on the other side of the track to protect from wind and sun in your eyes. Also if it was not so tall maybe have a ramp for wheelchairs.
yeh that would be a good idea roger what about finding a decent membrain to lay under the astro turf on the new track to stop the weeds coming through it would keep maintanance down and also do away with the in field grass sections and have it all astroturf.i like the high rostrum so i think it would be a good idea to keep that and you could build a lower piece on one end for wheel chairs.
Old 08-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

TBH As long was we design the layout so that the whole track is visible from ground level wheelchair access is less of a problem. The issue at present is that even standing on the ground by the rostrum you can't see the whole track, so wheelchair visiblity is rubbish.
Our rostrum doesn't need to be so high, but its the height it is because of the containers underneath and they are rather handy so it makes sense to stay that way.
Rostrum out of the sun/wind good idea. Where will we be parking/pitting - might be a factor.
As for the track itself - I don't mind really but agree all astro rather than astro/grass and lets see if we can't improve the drainage as I think thats the main reason for the weeds growing though (but membrane is a good idea)

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 08-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The race controller View Post
Your ideas please asap.
Well thats a turn around, good news hopefully tho! good fencing possibly to stop the bikers / vandals? all the points above are good...

Andy
Old 08-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4miy4 Guy View Post
Well thats a turn around, good news hopefully tho! High voltage electric fencing possibly to stop the bikers / vandals? all the points above are good...

Andy

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Old 08-02-2010

Something like a palisade fence is probably what will be required if it's possible within the budget

http://www.steelfence.co.uk/product_palifence.html

Fortunately RHR have the luxury of being away from 'predators' unlike Bury, apart from the odd local 5heepshagger but they don't vandalise tracks.

Old 08-02-2010

Agree with the track suggestions, and also, below the track surface have land drains built in (not expensive, just either perforated pipe or just trenches filled with gravel) that fall to a soakaway remote from the track. soakaway just needs to be a sone filled pit essentially, that then allows the water drained from the track to go somewhere temporarily and then disperse gradually into the surrounding ground.

Old 08-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
Something like a palisade fence is probably what will be required if it's possible within the budget

Fortunately RHR have the luxury of being away from 'predators' unlike Bury, apart from the odd local 5heepshagger but they don't vandalise tracks.
Yes this is along the lines of what i was thinking (if possible), a good deterent is needed.

Andy
Old 08-02-2010

Quote:

The only thing that I can see that is wrong with having a fence like that is how would you get onto the track to practice?

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Old 08-02-2010

i like the track the way it is with the concrete islands etc as it takes a lot less time and is easier to set out a track (track can be laid out easy by two people), having rostrum on other side is a good idea so is having it fully astrod, maybe have one cobbled corner or summat,itl be good if we could get some astro in large lengths to cut down on weeds and having problems with joints curling up or needing re seating with big hammer,but aswell the blank canvas idea will be less maintanence and proberly not generate as much interest with the kids in trashing it with bikes and so on!
Old 08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob m View Post
i like the track the way it is with the concrete islands etc(easier to set out a track ),but having rostrum on other side is a good idea so is having it fully astrod, maybe have one cobbled corner or summat,itl be good if we could get some astro in large lengths to cut down on weeds and having problems with joints curling up or needing re seating with big hammer
I agree with that I think the tracks great but a little evil towards my car but oh well what can you do if you like taking the jumps to fast!

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 08-02-2010
BANNED

Quote:
Fortunately RHR have the luxury of being away from 'predators' unlike Bury, apart from the odd local 5heepshagger ......
Doggers seem to be the issue at RHR.....
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 08-02-2010

Quote:

Cost aside, high metal fencing round the track might cause a few interference probs?

If you can't keep the locals out then an all-astro track makes sense. Having one without islands might deter the bike racers but will add to storage and raceday labour requirements. Personally I think the current Bury arrangement of familiar 'sections' that can be quickly joined together in many differing ways is great.

Decent drainage as mentioned plus look at the pitting requirements - if they build a bigger sports centre it'll also have a bigger, fuller carpark which means less space for the racers seeing as BTFC don't like us on their pitches?
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
I went there once and i was the first one there, just before a North west regional. There was a youth fast asleep on the rostrum next to some empty cans of stella.
Then you went to your car and got your racing gear out for the day

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]