Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 12-09-2015
oOple Advertiser

Factory RC also offer the complete conversion set too - called Y-Max, available through any of the X-Factory UK dealers and on our website now to look at.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 12-09-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
That bezerk rc one is a direct copy of the one on Lee's Euros car, as are the carbon knuckles. I suspect someone in Australia borrowed originals sent to Josh Pain, which have been copied, possibly as Yokomo have no plans to make them.
I really fancy that brace, but put off by postage, duty and wait from Australia.
Fastinfastout what was cost to you?
Postage from Bezerk is ok, but the wait is annoying. I ordered some brass for my T5M for the season's last race on dirt. That race was two weeks ago, and I am still waiting for parts that I'll probably not use for quite some time...(Edit: arrived today) Maybe they'll show up in time for my next dirt race in June/July next year?!

Last edited by mes; 13-09-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2015

Cheapest is to draw one up, get yourself a piece of carbon and go to your local CNC guy. It's not that expensive.I can draw one up and share the drawing here, but I guess people will take disadvantage of it and start selling it.

Luckily I have some spare carbon around, easy to do.
Old 12-09-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
Cheapest is to draw one up, get yourself a piece of carbon and go to your local CNC guy. It's not that expensive.I can draw one up and share the drawing here, but I guess people will take disadvantage of it and start selling it.

Luckily I have some spare carbon around, easy to do.
Thought you would be first in line to sell your version...

Personally I want a factory/Yokomo looking part, not a home made or off brand part.

I've tried off brand hopups on previous cars, and they almost never improve things and always get removed when they fail to live up to expectations. I'll be keeping my cars with on brand parts only.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-09-2015

Still waiting on a price back from fibreltye for mine.

Nemo Racing
Yokomo Yz-2.
Yokomo Yx-4sf
Sanwa

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158845
Old 13-09-2015

Quote:
That bezerk rc one is a direct copy of the one on Lee's Euros car, as are the carbon knuckles. I suspect someone in Australia borrowed originals sent to Josh Pain, which have been copied, possibly as Yokomo have no plans to make them.
I really fancy that brace, but put off by postage, duty and wait from Australia.
Fastinfastout what was cost to you?
I'm not sure how duty works with incoming shipments to UK, but postage should not be much more than your local postage for something as light as a battery brace, even if it's coming from the other side of the world. Fortunately I race locally with bezerk rc, so if there is anything that anyone wants done, contact him on facebook.
Old 13-09-2015
Mad Member

He is definitely a nice guy, and his parts seem to be of great quality. You can't go wrong with something like a battery brace, but I agree with Neal on the majority of aftermarket conversions. I do hope Yokomo will release the Euros car as a complete kit, but I'll not buy a heap of parts just for a conversion.
Old 13-09-2015

Quote:
Thought you would be first in line to sell your version...
Obviously you don't know me, but that's not a problem at all. I'd actually prefer to share a CAD drawing, but I know people take (dis)advantage of this, thus I will not share (or draw at all)

The problem with "releasing" a conversion kit is quite simple. People don't want to do a lot to the car. Modifying cars like "we" did 10 years ago (and 20 years back even more, but I didn't do RC cars 20 years ago - I was 7 back then ) is rarely done. People are scared to try things and prefer factory things. Believe me, the Yokomo guys have more modified parts than any of may dream of. That's what makes them fast and "us" slow. The real fast guys do a lot more to their cars than we do. Obviously nobody thought about the "Y-Max", but they did it, and that made them one step ahead.

To conclude this post, why I didn't even THINK about a conversion kit? Those 10 people that want to run a conversion can hack one together, it's a bit - even though I like Yokomo - waste of time to develop a conversion kit for a couple of sales. My opinion? If you want to convert, hack something together. Try it yourself. It's not that hard. If you are scared or too lazy to do it, wait for a conversion.

Last edited by skyaflake; 13-09-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 13-09-2015

so the ymax conversion has even more steering than a bmax2 could ever generate. So it was not just the forward position motor of the yz-2 that made it turn so well, it is also the front end geometry.

So I hear some people have put yz-2 front end parts onto their bmax2, way before the ymax conversion was even ever thought of. It would be interesting to put them both in a head to head shootout.....