Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 30-08-2015

Default alloy rear camber mount and weights yz2.what you think

Anybody tryed the rear yz2 alloy camber mount and weights.it looks a good bit kit.did it help I want no in slippy wet conditions
Old 30-08-2015

I bought it because it just looks good. Dont notice any differance without the extra weight.

It comes with a 6 and 12 gram weight.
Old 30-08-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've seen a club member snap the plastic mount, which ended his days racing as no one had a spare at the track.
I've run the alloy one as soon as I could and really like it. It's 6g heavier than the plastic with the option to add on 6 or 12g more is really helps with tunability especially on low traction. Wet astro i stick the weights on, one screw and they are off when it dries out.
It's a good option part, and helps lock in the rear on low traction indoors, in combination with the steel hangers and bmax4iii wider rear arms.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 30-08-2015

I have one and it's well worth buying.
Old 30-08-2015

When would you run the weight system on the back
Old 30-08-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtyson View Post

I think this was answered

As for the part it's just sexy.
Old 30-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
I think this was answered

As for the part it's just sexy.
really you think one person answer.says what everybody else as found out.
Old 31-08-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
m

You know what buy it find out for yourself
Old 31-08-2015

Quote:
The post from Neal answers your question.
Old 01-09-2015

Quote:
How to win friends and influence people.

Neil is correct, low traction conditions when you need more weight over the rear of the car. I run the alloy mount in high grip conditions without the weight as the plastic part bends when you tighten the screws into it and I don't like that.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 01-09-2015

Neil thank you for your reply.

Old 18-10-2015

I havn't tried this yet, but I'm curious to hear if the weights on the rear would make it 'worse'. I have heard having weights right at the very back, or anywhere behind the rear axle, can have a negative effect.....acting as a pendulum.....may as run rear mount!
Old 19-10-2015

Make what worse? For some, the YZ-2 can feel a bit loose on the rear. This is because the engine is much up front and mounted very low. A very different weight distribution compared to the B-Max2. I don't get it that people like to add a shitload of weight on the rear. The steel/brass hangers (maybe with a bit of weight near the motor) do add more than enough weight to the car imo. The YZ-2 is so fast because the car has great rotation, which makes it fast in turns. The B-Max2 is a more easier car to drive with, but a bit slower than the YZ-2.

Try the car without weights first, maybe it suits you. Else try to add some weight under the battery. If that doesn't work, add weight to the rear. I you feel the rear is loose, try to change your shock settings first.
Old 19-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
Make what worse? For some, the YZ-2 can feel a bit loose on the rear. This is because the engine is much up front and mounted very low. A very different weight distribution compared to the B-Max2. I don't get it that people like to add a shitload of weight on the rear. The steel/brass hangers (maybe with a bit of weight near the motor) do add more than enough weight to the car imo. The YZ-2 is so fast because the car has great rotation, which makes it fast in turns. The B-Max2 is a more easier car to drive with, but a bit slower than the YZ-2.

Try the car without weights first, maybe it suits you. Else try to add some weight under the battery. If that doesn't work, add weight to the rear. I you feel the rear is loose, try to change your shock settings first.
rear traction
Old 19-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
rear traction
No it doesn't make rear traction "worse".

You should really try stuff yourself, don't go on what others say or think, And then question what has been said.................

Test, test, test.

I like my YZ2 with the alu mount, and didn't notice the +6gr over the plastic part.

Adding weight on different places on the chassis has will all have different affects on traction. (corner entry, exit, mid-corner, on power, off-power)

Setup is VERY personal. You probably don't like the way i setup my car. I definitely don't like the way Lee Martin sets up his..............
Old 19-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultje040 View Post
No it doesn't make rear traction "worse".

You should really try stuff yourself, don't go on what others say or think, And then question what has been said.................

Test, test, test.

I like my YZ2 with the alu mount, and didn't notice the +6gr over the plastic part.

Adding weight on different places on the chassis has will all have different affects on traction. (corner entry, exit, mid-corner, on power, off-power)

Setup is VERY personal. You probably don't like the way i setup my car. I definitely don't like the way Lee Martin sets up his..............
how does lee's setup drive in your hands?
Old 19-10-2015

I guess: crap. Setup is very personal.
Old 19-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
I guess: crap. Setup is very personal.
yes I agree with setup is personal

I don't look at pro setups any longer.

I take advice here and there, but rather study and learn car setup myself.
Old 19-10-2015

I use other drivers' setups for inspiration. That's it.
Old 20-10-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

For me, on rubber gym floor low traction tracks I use +12g on rear bulkhead and it really helps with traction and grip. certainly doesn't make the car "worse". I already have 25g under motor, no front weight, and 25g plate in cut out under lipo. I found adding much more weight to the car "worse" on low to medium traction, so front and larger underlipo weights. loosing these, and weight placement as I described works best for me.
Now on medium/high grip astro I loose the +12g rear weight, its "worse" in this situation. I also use either +11g front bulkhead insert weight, or swap to the steel. I've also used the plate in front of servo, but generally prefer it without.

More serious weight changes also require damper oil and spring adjustments. overloading a car with weight and not making the right adjustments could it "worse"

Its all subjective, and changes are track appropriate. Team setups may have worked on that day at that track, but may not be right for you on the day at your track. test the options and weight placements yourself at your local track, and judge what makes an improvement, or makes it "worse".
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------