Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 23-02-2016

Default Spring Series

I think this may have started this week but not sure !!!

Anyway disappointingly quiet week – from 4 heats 2 weeks ago to 2 heats this week with a lot of regulars missing and none of the new guys racing, Steve, Zak, Jonathan, Mike etc – where are you all?

At least both heats we ran were busy with the usual close racing and good grip which is the norm since the floor was re-varnished. A mix or tyre choices between drivers all giving pretty much the same performance.

Hopefully more there next week with some of the new and missing regulars back – Trev, Scowen, Fitzy, Richies, Chappels?…………..
Old 28-02-2016

Sorry I've not been able to make it for a few weeks now

After I got back from a week of skiing I've had to work the last two Monday nights. Hopefully I can make it next week though, although I'm in need of a new set of tyres! Can they be bought at the track?

Cheers, Jonathan
Old 29-02-2016

Gary usually has some tyres with him Jonathan. Or give him a ring at Phills to make sure he does.
Old 02-03-2016

A decent turn out this week with 2 busy TC heats and one buggy with the buggy lads running a jump again and Clarky even talking of coming back to TC.

Unfortunately due to a couple of the buggy lads having to leave early and one killing their car, Chris was forced to join in the TC finals with his buggy – which while there’s very little in overall lap time, makes for some “interesting” comparisons when TC’s and Buggies are running close J

Still no signs of Jonathan, Mike & Cookie getting back tho we did have a visit from Screamer making noises about a return – hopefully J

Usual 6 rounds with loads of grip even on completely bald tyres again making things very close, the overall win being decided on Pole as 1st & 2nd in one final were reversed in the next.

Hope to see you all back next week and a few others who’ve been missing
Old 09-03-2016

It was good to see so many there for 7 last night to help out withy setup – seems some of you might read the emails after all – on the downside, when I got there at 2 minutes to, there was nowhere left to park J!!
And a welcome to the emails to Chris – not sure how you’ve managed to stay off the list for so long but now you’re on you can suffer like everyone else.

A little quiet last night, particularly buggies with ALL the Richies still missing – what's up lads and all of the shift lads seeming to coincide with their weeks at workL

Still some close racing in the TC’s and some good driving from the buggies tho not as close with low numbers.

An odd night for me, making a few mistakes of my own and having to drive 1 round of Q with a missing king pin and a final with no rear spoiler which made for interesting high speed cornering. Also one of those nights where every tiny little bit of contact you’d normally get away with resulted in someone going off. Apologies to those of you caught up in any of my crashes or who came off worse from what should have been harmless taps – if it’s any consolation, it was working both ways!!!

Not sure on the overall result last night but I’m sure Hindson will have them on the website already as I think he won – thanks to another mistake by me that I would normally have gotten away with, resulting in him making very minor contact that I’d normally have gotten away with too. Unforthinately the result was me parked in the barrier and Poshboy taking the win L*

All good fun tho.

Hope to see some of the still missing new lads back soon.

Also just a quick note – if you stop your car deliberately on track for whatever reason, adjusting trim, scratching your ear, picking your nose, etc – please remember to do it in a safe place off the racing line – same for marshals repairing cars on track – please take the car to somewhere out of the firing line as the last thing we want is a marshal repairing a car being hit and hurt.

Cheers for another good nights racing – see you all there next week.
Old 22-03-2016

Default Spring Series and Easter Monday

just a reminder we don’t race bank Holidays so no racing Easter Monday

A little quiet again last night with a lot of regulars still missing but as ever some cracking racing and the usual good grip levels. One TC and one buggy heat and finals – so the usual 6 races for everyone.

My thumbs under-performed all night, which was a shame as the car was very quick, but still managed a 1st & 2nd in the 2 leg finals however Hindson took the overall TC win with Pole.

Series Leader is Gary at the moment with a few rounds still to race and points to be dropped by people in the next few weeks so it’ll be interesting at the end.

See you all in 2 weeks
Old 12-04-2016

Disappointingly quiet again this week, not as bad as last week but still only 2 heats running, 1 buggy & 1 TC so come on guys, get your fingers out and get racing on Mondays.

On another point the tyre choice mystery continues with Trev posting the FTQ last night on white carpet dragons – which also showed very little signs of wear by the end of the night J

Spring series still being led by Gary and Paul in TC & Buggy classes respectively – no Hindson last night so probably have to wait till next week for the results to be on the website.
Old 19-04-2016

Well the spring race series continued last night with a decent number of racers after 2 quiet weeks – 3 heats again J

Tyres continued to be a mystery with trev struggling on the carpet dragons that were flying last week and both myself and the Tax Man struggling more on newish pins than on the wrecked sets we took off, wide pins not working either tho that may be as much down to me car needing a bit of a setup review which gave me a bit of a mare of a night.

Good to to have Sick Note Fitzy back and also Kyle popping a long having bought and built a new M15 which he plans to be back racing with next week – and who’ll have a much better view of the track than last time he raced as he’s grown about a foot and a half J!

5 buggies in total over the night though Trev and Bubba switching between classes – Bubba managing to kill 2 cars in about 4 laps of the first 2 heats – even Scuderia Ferrari would be impressed by that performance!

Hopefully see you all back next week with maybe Jonathan, Zak & Ulrike making it back as well work permitting?
Old 26-04-2016

Well a decent turn out last night with 3 heats doing the usual 4 rounds and 2 leg finals. Good to have Kyle back racing after a good few years away – and the car he’s built himself going pretty well for first time – I’m sure a few more pointers on setup will have him flying.
A close run buggy heat with Lee and Kev adding to the fun and games for Paul and Chris again J

My TC rebuild seemed to have worked reasonably well tho a couple of rounds tweaking setup to cure understeer was needed – not helped by very worn tyres. Fastest car of the night was Trev but a mixed bag for him, running one round with a buggy, convincingly storming to TC Pole in the last Q only to destroy the front right cormer of his car in leg 1 final ending his night L

No Hindson this week so no results on the website but overall standings on the FB group page thanks to The Boss

Also as above – don’t forget its Bank Holiday next week so no racing L

See you all the week after.
Old 10-05-2016

Round 10 of 12 of the spring series last night with a very good turnout, one buggy heat and 2 busy TC’s.
Great to see Rob Calendar back after too long missinga and even better as he brought a mate along to race – Shaun who for what I think was his first time even DRIVING a car was getting round unbelievably well!
Also Cookie finally on track and racing after buying Mad Dog’s running setup – about time too!

Lee Freeman taking the win in the Buggies will need to be there the next 2 weeks to get his 7 from 12 rounds to secure his win and Hindson and Pikey battling for last nights win in the TC’s.

Most of my night was spent trying to get the car to go – bad on too worn tyres, even worse on new tyres for a few rounds, lost a king pin in Q2 and just when I finally got it running reasonable to take P2 in first leg final, Ian The Boss Watson thought he was Daniil Kvyat and I was Seb Vettel in the second leg final putting an early end to my race.

Repairs for next week then – see you all there
Old 10-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysurfer View Post
Round 10 of 12 of the spring series last night with a very good turnout, one buggy heat and 2 busy TC’s.
Great to see Rob Calendar back after too long missinga and even better as he brought a mate along to race – Shaun who for what I think was his first time even DRIVING a car was getting round unbelievably well!
Also Cookie finally on track and racing after buying Mad Dog’s running setup – about time too!

Lee Freeman taking the win in the Buggies will need to be there the next 2 weeks to get his 7 from 12 rounds to secure his win and Hindson and Pikey battling for last nights win in the TC’s.

Most of my night was spent trying to get the car to go – bad on too worn tyres, even worse on new tyres for a few rounds, lost a king pin in Q2 and just when I finally got it running reasonable to take P2 in first leg final, Ian The Boss Watson thought he was Daniil Kvyat and I was Seb Vettel in the second leg final putting an early end to my race.

Repairs for next week then – see you all there
Thank you to everyone for helping last night and answering all my inane questions and especially Hindson and others for helping me fix the car first time round

cant wait to get back into it fully and improve
Old 17-05-2016

A decent turn out last night again for the penultimate round. Usual classes and heats with Kyle winning the B final on only his 3rd time back after a long break – well done Kyle.
Disappointing to see a new racer still having teething troubles with a car, hopefully Cookie will be sorted fully for next week. Also hopefully will have the transponder bought from someone from another club sorted after it stopped working during the night – must be annoying to say the least!
Hindson and Pikey set the pace in the TC’s while I had another difficult night between car issues and thumb problems, a bit of a mare L

Buggies were interesting with a couple of drivers running different cars through the night but from what I seen it looked pretty competitive between Lee & Ainscow, not sure who won but no doubt it’ll appear on the website soon.

Thinking of having a karting trip to Warden Law if anyone is interested – keep an eye on the FB page – not sure who’d organising/co-ordinating it, NOT me so as I say, keep a look out on the FB page.

Se you all again next week
Old 25-05-2016

Finished the series this week, overall results will no doubt appear on the website. Some absolutely cracking racing last night particularly between the buggy lads with nothing between them.

My poor run continued due to their being sufficient grip to tear off my tyres every round, I’m pretty reluctant to glue tyres that will only have a week left in them but needs must for next week L

On another subject, does anyone have an old brushless they don’t use anymore that’s maybe just a little tired that would suit a TC to get someone running in their preferred class again?

I sorted them with an ESC last nigh but still in need of a motor so if anyone has one collecting dust that they won’t use again just to get someone up and running……..?

Don’t forget, no racing Bank Hol Monday next week but back as usual the week after – see you all then J