Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 22-10-2011
Banned

Default What nitro clubs run EP?

Ive been looking at the NW local tracks and they look awesome, much better than anything ive raced on before.

my concern is that with nitro being the main racer, what clubs actually run EP?

As ive seen finals can be upto 30mins long but obviously EP will be dead long before this

what clubs run EP power and accept it and run EP heats? I understand EP 1/8th is still growing
Old 24-10-2011

Default EP 1/8

Hi

I've been running my Losi 2.0 E with the nitros for the past year. I've never had any issues aside from marshals picking up the car when they think the engine has cut. Would be good to do an all electric heat sometime. Finals aren't really a problem they range from 13mins / 18mins up to 22mins for the A final at most club events. I get 17 mins out of my 5000mah lipos with a 2400 motor. This set up is FAST, REALLY FAST. Battery changes in the finals are a pain but 6000mah - 6500mah cells should be fine for almost anything run time wise. All clubs I've raced at (Stoke, Crewe, Derby and NDOR) have been fine with me running electric. Just be clear what they expect you to do in the final, usually they'll want you to do a dummy pit/fuel stop about half way through the final.

Hope some of this helps

Alex
Old 24-10-2011
Banned

Superb alex! you confirmed what others on here have been telling me the opposite, but then again then probs havent attended an 8th club before have they.
Old 25-10-2011

Default EP

Yeah was easy, went to down to watch in Stoke when I was building my car, people were friendly, spoke to the club secretary, he said no probs as long as I have BRCA membership. For the most part it's generated quite a bit of interest, mainly cuz the car is sooooooo fast and i don't have to mess around with fuel compositions tuning etc, a few people are now converting to electric here!!! The marshals complain sometimes but only because they can't hear my car, nicknamed it 'whispering death' ha ha ha!!!!! There are a couple of disadvantages of running EP: The car is heavy, this is ok in the dry but when it rains it's a real handful handling all that power on very slippery astroturf, great fun though, I can hang my car sideways for the full length of the main straight ha ha (as long as i'm not bothered about my lap times). Battery changes in the final are a pain if you need to do them but apart from that it's all clean and noise free. Motor wise a 2100KV geared correctly will be slightly slower than nitro and 2400KV is faster, I have a 2650KV as well but the run times start getting to be a problem and it's too fast for my ability.

Anyway the point is that I have never encountered any problems at all running my Electric buggy with the nitro boys.

Got my eye on that new Serpant buggy, looks great.

Hope to see you around at some point

Alex
Old 25-10-2011

Thumbs up Brushless

I also ran a Losi 8ight 2.0 this year, with Speed Passion ESC, Losi 1700KV motor & 4S-14.8v Lipos (5000 & 6000mah). It easily kept up with the lead nitro based cars & towards the end of the season i was starting to set TQ's with it. I've since sold the buggy but i will get another for next season.....
Old 25-10-2011
Banned

Thanks for the info alex! You will defo be seeing a new EP buggy at Stoke at somepoint!

I've ordered a tekin rx8 combo with 2050kv motor
Ordered my new futaba 4pl tx

I'll be saving hard for the new dex408
Old 27-10-2011

I ran my mugen mbx6 eco at PRCC was a great day really enjoyed it. The day was well run track is awesome huge jumps. Car went well against the nitro cars. Running a tekin rx8 and 1900kv motor. Really enjoyed it.

I see your in the north west so shouldnt be far from you. I love the look of the dex408. But not long had the mugen.

Rick
Old 27-10-2011
Banned

Hi rick,

ive got a 2050kv tekin system on the way

how did you run against the nitros? whats the rules regarding pit stops?

where are you based pal? we need to meet one day when im running.
Old 27-10-2011

Yeah cool would be good to race another 1/8 E buggy. Got second in the b final. Im just an average racer so was pretty good for me. Think there were about 10 in each A,B and C final. I live near Kendal. Local club is SLMCC they run 1/10 which i do sometimes and they allow 1/8 e buggy in summer race against some short course trucks and revos pretty funny to watch. The tekin system so far seems brill and a couple of lads at SLMCC have them in there revos and have no problems. Lets hope durango hurry up with the dex408 i wanna see it. i have a dex410 also which i like. Regarding pit stops they dot mind unless you start winning i guess so prob just do a false pit stop.
Old 27-10-2011
Banned

I just sold a 410 to fund this and wait for the 408, had my 410 absoloutly dialled!

but I want to race bigger tracks and bigger jumps 8ths look brilliant tracks!