Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 12-10-2009

Default starting over

hi all, just coming back into the scene, used to race some years ago at west craven, Colne, not sure if they are still there, but did occasionally travel over to bury, around the time the purpose built track was finished.
eager to get back racing, are you still racing sundays, have you started the winter indoors series yet? where do you do the indoors now?
is there anything i should know before just turning up.

cheers
chris
Old 12-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The outdoor track is where it always was. Winter Series starts on the 1st November and is at the Radcliffe school in Chadderton, on their indoor athletics track.

Outdoors is just turn up and run (we normally start around 12, but people arrive from 11) but next Sunday is the last round of outdoors. In the indoor series you need to be prebooked because it will be very busy, just follow the link
http://www.bmrcc.talktalk.net/Bury%2...0in%20Form.pdf

Edit - seen your post eleswhere about cars and stuff. Easy answer - turn up with what you have to start with. I also recently restarted (about a year ago) and found myself entering the winter series with a Cat'98, Mtroniks Prodigi esc and a Peak 12x2. The only modern part was the Lipo pack, as I had no old cells! I've upgraded a lot since then, but still have and run the Cat (albeit now with a brushless motor onboard) and added an even older RC10T (also brushless and lipo). You will find plenty of other drivers still using NiMH cells (no NiCds as new ones stopped being made years ago) and a few running brushed too - and if they are good there is no real disadvantage. So bring what you have, see what we run and upgrade as you see the need. I suspect your Fireblade would love a Lipo pack and a nice 7.5t brushless!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 13-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hey Si,
Isn't the school/sports centre in Chadderton called Radycliffe? Not to be confused with Radcliffe as a town near Bury?
Old 13-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Hey Si,
Isn't the school/sports centre in Chadderton called Radycliffe? Not to be confused with Radcliffe as a town near Bury?

...or is it Radclyffe?! Either way it isn't in Radcliffe (forgotten how you spell that one now!), it's in Chadderton as Chris says...Once you've found it, it's an excellent venue and you'll find lots of help from just about anyone there.