Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Default 29th November meet start time..

Right folks..

Ive been on to the Athletic Center (our venue) about an earlier start..

Paul said it shouldn't be a problem but just needs to check with his staff...

So how does...

8.30am Doors open sound...

Then start practice at say 9am and racing from 10ish..

Cheers

Nick
Old 04-11-2009

Sounds great!
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Since we set the track out the night before is there a reason practice can't start pretty much as soon as the doors open? If we don't open the side door (everyone enters through the main entrance) and we make sure those not yet booked in line up off the track there is no physical obstacle to this. Last time free practice wasn't possible primarily because the track wsn't clear.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Its similar to what worksop do... gives people 30mins to get set up and organised ready for practice...

Main entrance doors only for the next one anyway...

I will speak to the lads at the center about people being able in the morning to drop stuff of at the main ent door.. once they have done they must put the car back in the main carpark..

Cheers

Nick
Old 04-11-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

sounds good to me
Old 04-11-2009

sounds perfect
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
I will speak to the lads at the center about people being able in the morning to drop stuff of at the main ent door.. once they have done they must put the car back in the main carpark..
Its only an issue if its raining really. If its dry the extra walk isn't a problem, so long as we all know, for example im carrying far more than I need - I'll just sort out my hauler a bit better to make my own life easier.
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

The center have come back to me...

If everyone is happy to have doors open at 8.30 then we can have it...

I cant see it being an issue with anyone really.

8.30 it will be then.. but keep your eyes open nearer the time for confirmation of this!

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE CAPPED... then we will have a reserve list..

So hopefully things wont be delayed any longer while trying to sort heats out etc for the extras who decided to turn up on the day..

Incidently...people who pre-book and dont bother to turn up on the day will have a black mark put against there name.. especially if its busy.. as it spoils it for someone else who could have raced! Roger or Stu im sure will be along to explain..

Cheers

Nick
Old 04-11-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

and instead of everyone that isnt booked in hanging round, can we have it that if you have pre booked you arrive and comfirm you are there, then people that dont turn up before a set time loose there place and people waiting cant get in quicker to save on more time
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

All sounds fine to me.

Clearly since some of us have booked for the whole series a fair cancelling cut off makes sense. I mean I have every intention of making every single round but can't promise I won't say break my leg in Febuary! So lets say if you've pre-booked now and can't make it you have to cancel at least a week before the event.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
All sounds fine to me.

Clearly since some of us have booked for the whole series a fair cancelling cut off makes sense. I mean I have every intention of making every single round but can't promise I won't say break my leg in Febuary! So lets say if you've pre-booked now and can't make it you have to cancel at least a week before the event.
This is ideal. I mean most would do it anyway without it being written on the entry or here, but for the ones who don't realise how full it is and they're taking a place from soneone who has turned up unbooked - it should be noted too.

and a penalty for not arriving - say only 'pencil' book there next 2 entries, so if it gets full - they loose there space (i.e. fall off the bottom of the entry list) and informed to stay home by email rather than fully reserving for that person risking they don't turn up again. Or alternatively, only accept there next booking with a £5 paypal deposit.
Old 04-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
The center have come back to me...

If everyone is happy to have doors open at 8.30 then we can have it...

I cant see it being an issue with anyone really.

8.30 it will be then.. but keep your eyes open nearer the time for confirmation of this!

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE CAPPED... then we will have a reserve list..

So hopefully things wont be delayed any longer while trying to sort heats out etc for the extras who decided to turn up on the day..

Incidently...people who pre-book and dont bother to turn up on the day will have a black mark put against there name.. especially if its busy.. as it spoils it for someone else who could have raced! Roger or Stu im sure will be along to explain..

Cheers

Nick

The ppl that pre-booked and didn't turn up on the day are noted on the scoring sheet as 0 points (those ones that were left on the Heat Sheet anyway)

Rog, make sure I'm in both classes please for the next one so I don't lose out if you cap it
Old 04-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
The ppl that pre-booked and didn't turn up on the day are noted on the scoring sheet as 0 points (those ones that were left on the Heat Sheet anyway)
Bit of an unfair statement that, I wasn't racing last sunday and the guys knew that when I booked in (since I am only showing as booked in for the remaining races). So its a bit of an unfair statement to brand us with zero points as not bothering to show up or inform anyone
Old 04-11-2009

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

Early start sounds good to me

Andy
Old 05-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadeh View Post
Bit of an unfair statement that, I wasn't racing last sunday and the guys knew that when I booked in (since I am only showing as booked in for the remaining races). So its a bit of an unfair statement to brand us with zero points as not bothering to show up or inform anyone

Mat,

It's not meant to be a statement against you guys. When completing the points there were a number of drivers on the Heat Sheet who were classed as 'Did Not Start', therefore the points were noted.

As you can see from my other statement on the same post in brackets which you have not included in your quote I did state those that were left on the Heat Sheet.

On Sunday morning Roger had to do alot of work on the Heat Sheet so it is possible that people that weren't due to be booked in were included and those who had and not turned up were removed. I take your point also and to make it clear I have not spoken about the way Bury Metro may 'black mark' any drivers as it is there choice as a club

I will amend the points scoring information and remove yourself and other drivers with '0' points from the overalls so it won't show again, therefore the points information can not be used in any 'black mark' system that Bury adopt. However, I won't publish a new Overall Standings until after Round 2
Old 05-11-2009

Nice one Jonesy, didn't want to be called a lazy sod on me first meeting there
Old 05-11-2009

Default Results

Whether you're booked in or not you still end up with no points if you don't start.
If for some reason you don't turn up for round one or even round two I like to leave you in. You only need one round to get into the finals. In fact I think the programme enters you into a final even if you only complete one lap. That's the beauty of FTQ. Remember we do this for fun.
Maybe one day when motors don't overheat and they can run for hours, we can do as they do in 8th and winners bump up to the next final...........just a thought.